3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Well, I made my cluster jewel. Took me WAY longer than it should have. I think I literally rolled 50 or 60 other combinations of triple Notable clusters before I got the one I wanted.

Feed the Fury
Martial Prowess
Strike Leader

Now I need to work on two regular jewels. LoL. I hadn't even thought about having 2 jewel slots opened up.
Awesome job dlvbrown1969! Ya, great jewels take a while for sure.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Detoxify Life wrote:
Spoiler
Hey so thanks Wrecker for the awesome guide! Having fun with this build and I have pushed all the way to T16 maps. Right now i am starting to have some trouble with the build and was looking from advice from anyone one how to improve.

I feel like I am lacking in both damage and defenses. Map clearing and boss DPS can be a struggle on T16 maps. I stopped corrupting the maps cuz i was dying too much. I did make a few changes to the tree and gem set up when I hit T15 maps. Any advice on what I should focus on or change to improve the build would be great.

Here is the PoB for anyone that wants to take a look.
https://pastebin.com/3VuRuG2q
Hey Detoxify Life! Thanks for the kind and honest post. I took a look at your gear and you've followed the guide pretty closely but some of the changes may be the minor differences that are impacting you.

The warcry in the build is a great temporary damage boost that can be used quite often. That was replaced with Precision which is reserving some of your life. Though it doesn't seem like much life reservation, it can still be the difference between life and death. (Culling strike does help with survivability in the harsh battles (like insane Metamorphs and such).

Obviously getting a 6-link would be a big help. I know it's an RNG game so it's not like I expect everyone to have a 6-link...I plan around 5-links. But always keep in mind that you are fighting with a 5-link. And your weapon, if you end up going back to Resolute Technique can be upgraded eventually. It's decent DPS for sure, but better exist. There's no reason to ditch it now though. Wait until something better drops cause the unique is just fine.

Lastly, one thing to keep in mind is that you've done the gem-quality trade, which was a wise choice. I do the same. BUT that is a LONG road. So keep in mind, that your gems aren't 20/20. They are currently level 18. There is always a HUGE difference in any gem when you go from 18 to 19...and an even bigger difference from 19 to 20. I forget that sometimes too when I'm playing around and I'm like, "WTF is going on? I swear I was doing better earlier on...".

Feel free to keep everything as is and see how the build progresses in terms of damage as the gems level. But with this build, life is HUGE for our non-blocked hits or DOTs. It's really risky to reserve life with this build. My tree has pretty low life for an "in your face" kind of build; 175%. So lowering that to 166%, even though it's only 9%, it's still a lot. Especially if some of your gear has little to no life mods on it. There's only a few but it all makes a difference for sure.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
f4ward wrote:
"
how would i replace bladestorm with cyclone? i really would love to use cyclone with this blocking setup!

This is what I use with Cyclone:
Cyclone
- Fortify Support
- Infused Channeling Support (You can also keep using Rage, but you get damage reduction and more DPS from Infused Channeling)
- Close Combat Support
- Brutality Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support

Edit:
On unrelated note
For shield upgrades, some decent options I used are:
Lioneye's Remorse (5c)
Magna Eclipsis (costs 10c, but I suggest get Invictus Solaris and Vix Lunaris and fuse them, for a total cost of ~3c+Fusing orb)

While I like BladeStorm, I do feel like sometimes I get "stuck" while trying to move. I decided to give Cyclone a try because I used it in my Chieftan RF build and am familiar with it.

So, what did you change in your build to give yourself mana? I JUST switched and did a quick delving. I was out of mana often. I had to walk by single spread out mobs and only spin cyclone in larger, more dense groupings. Is that the gameplay style or does it get better with higher leveled gems? On my RF, I could spin to win non stop and never run out of mana.

So, do I need to adjust my play style or is there some minor tweak to the build to help me sustain cyclone?

Thanks

Edit - again, I want to clarify that I like bladestorm and I like rage. At full rage, my bladestorm melted enemies. That being said, I really feel like cyclone is a better alternative for me.

I take less damage and do more damage. I did make some minor tweaks to my gems. I opted to give each of my reactive blocking links a close combat support. If an enemy is close, I want them dieing faster. I also intentionally removed close combat from the 6L cyclone link and instead am using pulverise. My hope is that with my increased melee range and pulverise, I won't need to stand on top of an enemy to kill it. Social distancing...lol.

So far, I am loving the slightly faster map clearing speed. Now I just need to work on the mana issue....

My cyclone hits every 0.10 seconds at the cost of 9 mana. Obviously this is 90 mana per second. My mana regen rate is a measly 12.3 per second. My mana leech is 140.8 maximum total recovery per second.

So, IF I am on a boss or in high density trash mobs, I am fine. If not, it is kinda iffy. Often I am out of mana and no mana means no cyclone which means no killing and no life leech ... and no flame Dash if I need to suddenly move out of an area.

Since I am a newb and still learning the mechanics of poe, what is my best course of action to improve mana supply? Do I want a larger mana maximum? More regen?

I did manage to obtain an implicit on one of my jewels that reads "1% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit". If this works the way I think it does, I love this. If a ranged enemy attacks me and damages me while I have no mana, I will get mana by it doing do. This will at least allow me a flame Dash to move towards it or flee as the situation dictates. I wonder ... if i was to get that same implicit on all 3 of my jewels, would they all stack? This would help tremendously.

Anyhow. Let me know please what direction I should look to for my mana issue...or, what you are doing for yours.
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Aug 8, 2020, 7:15:08 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

"
DioPorcino wrote:

Hi... that "1969" into your nickname let me think about someone over fifty...

Yes, your assumption is correct. I was born in 1969. Nice to meet a fellow old, er I mean, leveled up person. ><

lol, you are welcome

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

"
DioPorcino wrote:

"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:

Well, I made my cluster jewel...
Feed the Fury
Martial Prowess
Strike Leader

...I'm also interested into your discussion about cluster jewels... Can you share more info on how did you crafted such jewel?

As to crafting...
All that is left is to farm up tier 1 seeds. Harvest them. Use the reforge with attack recipe until you get the desired outcome...
Lmk

Well, thank you for all the infos. I will check everything... actually I know some spots where to farm lvl 50 and lvl 65 seeds... I tryed to use those that let you reforge a rare giving attack modifiers, but none of my rare large cluster jewels seems good to receive the reforge (I get an error message saying that no mods are applicable on that jewel).
I'm doing something wrong, but the game doesn't give me understandable feedback so far... I will search and try again...
Try poedb website. There are many types of each size of cluster jewel. As an example, there is a large cluster which had the guaranteed modifier of added attack damage while holding a shield. If you look on poedb and find that large cluster, there is a button to push for "Notables". After pushing that button, you will see all the various possible modifyiers and notables. You will notice they all have "tags" such as physical or attack or speed. If you were to try and use you collector in harvest garden to reforge this as caster, you would not get favorable results. You need to roll this particular cluster as attack. So ... find your cluster and look it up on poedb. Then you will know how it is possible to reforge that cluster - using the tags provided
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Aug 9, 2020, 3:03:26 PM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
"
f4ward wrote:
"

how would i replace bladestorm with cyclone? i really would love to use cyclone with this blocking setup!

This is what I use with Cyclone:
Cyclone
- Fortify Support
- Infused Channeling Support (You can also keep using Rage, but you get damage reduction and more DPS from Infused Channeling)
- Close Combat Support
- Brutality Support
- Melee Physical Damage Support

Edit:
On unrelated note
For shield upgrades, some decent options I used are:
Lioneye's Remorse (5c)
Magna Eclipsis (costs 10c, but I suggest get Invictus Solaris and Vix Lunaris and fuse them, for a total cost of ~3c+Fusing orb)

While I like BladeStorm, I do feel like sometimes I get "stuck" while trying to move. I decided to give Cyclone a try because I used it in my Chieftan RF build and am familiar with it.

So, what did you change in your build to give yourself mana? I JUST switched and did a quick delving. I was out of mana often. I had to walk by single spread out mobs and only spin cyclone in larger, more dense groupings. Is that the gameplay style or does it get better with higher leveled gems? On my RF, I could spin to win non stop and never run out of mana.

So, do I need to adjust my play style or is there some minor tweak to the build to help me sustain cyclone?

Thanks

Edit - again, I want to clarify that I like bladestorm and I like rage. At full rage, my bladestorm melted enemies. That being said, I really feel like cyclone is a better alternative for me.

I take less damage and do more damage. I did make some minor tweaks to my gems. I opted to give each of my reactive blocking links a close combat support. If an enemy is close, I want them dieing faster. I also intentionally removed close combat from the 6L cyclone link and instead am using pulverise. My hope is that with my increased melee range and pulverise, I won't need to stand on top of an enemy to kill it. Social distancing...lol.

So far, I am loving the slightly faster map clearing speed. Now I just need to work on the mana issue....

My cyclone hits every 0.10 seconds at the cost of 9 mana. Obviously this is 90 mana per second. My mana regen rate is a measly 12.3 per second. My mana leech is 140.8 maximum total recovery per second.

So, IF I am on a boss or in high density trash mobs, I am fine. If not, it is kinda iffy. Often I am out of mana and no mana means no cyclone which means no killing and no life leech ... and no flame Dash if I need to suddenly move out of an area.

Since I am a newb and still learning the mechanics of poe, what is my best course of action to improve mana supply? Do I want a larger mana maximum? More regen?

I did manage to obtain an implicit on one of my jewels that reads "1% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit". If this works the way I think it does, I love this. If a ranged enemy attacks me and damages me while I have no mana, I will get mana by it doing do. This will at least allow me a flame Dash to move towards it or flee as the situation dictates. I wonder ... if i was to get that same implicit on all 3 of my jewels, would they all stack? This would help tremendously.

Anyhow. Let me know please what direction I should look to for my mana issue...or, what you are doing for yours.

I did have some mana issues, but not so harsh as to not be able to sustain when you hit a (single) monster.
Quick solution may be to use "Praxis" ring or "Thief's Torment" (great for leveling with Cyclone) or take a look at the mana leech nodes on the skill tree.

The best solution, which I went for, would be to get a -15 mana for socketed skills chest. This makes Cyclone completely free.

With harvest its pretty easy to craft one:

You need a Warlord base ilvl 86 chest (cost me 30c for the base alone) with the stats you want and a free suffix.
First I rolled the quality with a perfect fossil (Didn't bother to +30, I usually stop at "good enough"). The quality helps alot to 6L it.

Then roll the stats you want with either fossils or transmute/augment/etc or life from harvest... This is up to you and your luck.

And just remember you need a free suffix. Some affixes you can remove with harvest crafts as well.
Then you need Augment Attack from the yellow seeds (tier 1, not sure about level requirement). This took me a few days since it's random.

Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 10, 2020, 9:08:36 AM

Thanks so much for reply.

I just did exactly what you mentioned. Just a minor detail, but the iLvL on the Warlord influenced chest needs to be 85 and not 86.

Funny story ... when I used a perfect fossil on my base, it popped 24% and so I thought "good enough" just as you mentioned. Then I looked and it had rolled a t2 life along with a split armor/life roll and an armour% roll. Yahtzee!! Unfortunately it rolled STR as suffix. So I had to use a t2 craft of "reroll keeping prefix" harvest craft. Alas it got rid of the STR and added a stub/block roll. Sadly I only had one of those recipes saved.

So ... last night and today I farmed up 16 of those t2 seeds which can spawn that recipe. I used the bud/flowers that increased the crafts and the rarity of the outcomes. After harvesting, I saw that I had 4 of the recipe I needed. RNGesus was not kind to me as I had to use all 4 crafts before I finally got an outcome in which I could work with the suffix.

But, in the end I now have a beautiful new 6L warlord chest with 143 life, a double resist roll and the -15 mana cost roll. I still need to min/max the rolls. I "settle" for t2, but obviously t1 is the goal.
Great job being helpful everyone! Thanks for being so great to each other!

Annnnnd

"

YOU inspire us sir!

Our thanks to you for all of your hard work and guidance.
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
"

YOU inspire us sir!

Our thanks to you for all of your hard work and guidance.

Damn right yeah people here are very helpful and creative
Next league i will still play this build because i finally found a playstyle that suits me ahah hope i can still have the same clear build with Wrecker

So i look forward to build and exchange with you guys again
Thank you and " A la prochaine " (french)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info