3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! TRIGGER HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

First of all, Huge thanks Wrecker_of_Days for making a build that works well for a starter, since I just started playing POE in this league.

It is a very solid starter and allows you to progress to yellow maps pretty easily with almost no investment.

I did struggle with red maps though, which made me rethink the build.

There were several iterations which included first switching to Cyclone, then adding Impale nodes (which was an improvement, but still not good enough. And the staggering of damage felt a little slow)

So eventually started looking at top builds on poe ninja that use Cyclone + Reckoning/Vengeance/Riposte I came up with the current build, which feels very confident in t15 maps while still remaining high block/painful counter-attacks, but also with a very solid DPS

So this is the build:
https://pastebin.com/sijb6GUx
(you can also see it though my profile)

I did splurge on The Surrender (which is not a requirement, but a very significant upgrade). The rest of the gear was either self found or self made (was super lucky to 6L chest with ~50 orbs) or relatively cheap to buy (at most 10c)
There are still some things to improve, but most of the stuff is there and it feels very confident in high tier maps (only need to remember not to use Cyclone when there are no mobs, but this will be solved by -mana in the future)

And for your filters, I struggled at first not understanding why I don't see certain stuff, until I read the descriptions better and I'm using them instead of the FilterBlade ones and very happy.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Jul 31, 2020, 8:03:17 AM
Hi Im back !

I maybe found a way to do more damage with the annointment and some changes.I didn't look at items for now since i could not play very much

WARNING u need to be lvl90 to do this but u can take it when you begin maps.
So all of those are change to the tree ^^

First we remove thick skin and the dex point on this side
Then we go take versatile stance and compensate that loss of dexterity and acquire damages when we switch stances. I think it can help since we lack damage but the downside is that we lose life.

For this loss of life we need to repec the strengh node between solidity from juggernault and put it to link strong arm and barbarim (2 points) We regain some life and resis but we take more ailments...
For the end we go to axe passives if u have a good runic hatchet and we take all the points to the way of slaughter and have a chance to gain onslaught wich can be a good buff for us but if you prefer cleaver go ahead

And for the annointment I think i'll take gladiatorial combat if we have a huge shield like the surrender or even a good rare with 1350 armor (gain of 36 % of damage it's huge I think)
I also thought about the other passives on annointment but i took a road with minimum level because i know not everyone can go to 90+

Thanks for your reading I'll really appreciate advice and your opinion Wrecker because I really like this build ty

(Sorry for my english do not hesitate to tell me if i did many mistakes)^^

"
Cchris07 wrote:
i cannot cope with this tempest shield/culling strike i literally always forget about it

best way to not forget about it, is to bind it to left mouse button, so you always click it anyway when you move
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
f4ward wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, Huge thanks Wrecker_of_Days for making a build that works well for a starter, since I just started playing POE in this league.

It is a very solid starter and allows you to progress to yellow maps pretty easily with almost no investment.

There were several iterations which included first switching to Cyclone, then adding Impale nodes (which was an improvement, but still not good enough. And the staggering of damage felt a little slow)

So eventually started looking at top builds on poe ninja that use Cyclone + Reckoning/Vengeance/Riposte I came up with the current build, which feels very confident in t15 maps while still remaining high block/painful counter-attacks, but also with a very solid DPS

So this is the build:

I did splurge on The Surrender (which is not a requirement, but a very significant upgrade). The rest of the gear was either self found or self made (was super lucky to 6L chest with ~50 orbs) or relatively cheap to buy (at most 10c)
There are still some things to improve, but most of the stuff is there and it feels very confident in high tier maps (only need to remember not to use Cyclone when there are no mobs, but this will be solved by -mana in the future)

And for your filters, I struggled at first not understanding why I don't see certain stuff, until I read the descriptions better and I'm using them instead of the FilterBlade ones and very happy.
Welcome to the game f4ward! I'm sorry the original version didn't cater to you liking but I'm glad your changes are working well for you! Your life took a huge hit, but that doesn't really matter if you're not dying. So let us know how they do deep in endgame! I'm always up for feedback to make the build better. Even if it comes simply in you sharing your changes as you progress.

I'm glad the filters make sense to you! I'm always up for feedback there too. Thanks for your post! Good luck with the progress!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
axlr5366 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Im back !

I maybe found a way to do more damage with the annointment and some changes.I didn't look at items for now since i could not play very much

Then we go take versatile stance and compensate that loss of dexterity and acquire damages when we switch stances. I think it can help since we lack damage but the downside is that we lose life.

For this loss of life we need to repec the strengh node between solidity from juggernault and put it to link strong arm and barbarim (2 points) We regain some life and resis but we take more ailments...
For the end we go to axe passives if u have a good runic hatchet and we take all the points to the way of slaughter and have a chance to gain onslaught wich can be a good buff for us but if you prefer cleaver go ahead

And for the annointment I think i'll take gladiatorial combat if we have a huge shield like the surrender or even a good rare with 1350 armor (gain of 36 % of damage it's huge I think)
I also thought about the other passives on annointment but i took a road with minimum level because i know not everyone can go to 90+

Thanks for your reading I'll really appreciate advice and your opinion Wrecker because I really like this build ty

Welcome back axlr5366! Those changes all sound great! I like the axe specific tree for sure. I missed where you get those Axe nodes from; what you sacrificed to get those. If you don't mind making your character tab public on the PoE website, it'll be easier to take a look. Don't worry at all if you don't want to. The build concept sounds cool and I'm excited to take a look!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
wardencmd wrote:
Spoiler
@Wrecker_of_Days First of all thank you so much for creating such an awesome noob friendly guide. Previously I have tried 2 times to get into this game but couldn't cause of it's sheer amount of complex mechanics and the builds I tried didn't help either.

This time following your build helped me a lot and I'm hooked to this game. This build suits perfectly to my gameplay style! Currently level 63 and really enjoying the game (Harvest league crafting is also helping a lot though I'm still trying to figure out how to farm t2 seeds!).

I have a few questions (sorry if some of them are total noob questions),

1. From what I understand defense wise the most important stats for this build are Life, Armor & Block, so should I totally ignore Evasion and Energy Shield?

2. How much total Armor and life to aim for endgame?

3. Does "Stun & Block Recovery" helps? Is it an important stat?

4. How much mana regeneration is required to be able to ignore mana flasks?

5. I want to replace the Tempest shield skill with a movement skill, currently using Dash, what support skill(s) will be best for dash?

6. I see that you also create filters, are those filters build specific? also the filter description says you created them for SSF league, will it work for Harvest league also?

Again thank you for creating this awesome build.

- wardencmd
Awesome wardencmd! Thanks for your kind praise :). I really appreciate it and I'm happy to have helped! The game is really complicated but you just naturally learn it one build at a time. All of a sudden you just know stuff. But ask as much as you like anytime you like.

1. The most important damage mitigation in this build are block (of course life) and Fortify. Specifically in this game, Defence is Armour, Evasion, and Energy Shield. This build, because we are stretched so thin for maxing our block chance, doesn't focus on any of the three defences. Investing in any of them won't do much in the long run (though armour is the most appropriate). So you can actually ignore all Armour, Ev., and ES rolls on equipment.

2. We get 181% life on the tree. Eventually you're aiming for over 100 max life on all your Rares. it's a process to get there and don't worry about it. My build is currently at 75+ on my gear. The perfect gear just doesn't come, you know? My character is around 5700 life. I'd like it higher but like I said, the gear will come when it comes.

3. Stun Block is helpful on paper, but if you ignore it, you won't notice a difference. So in other words, don't worry about it. It's another mod that can be ignored in a min/maxing world.

4. This build leeches mana instead of regens mana. We Attack to quickly for mana regen to be helpful. So you'll be able to get rid of your mana flask as soon as you deal enough damage per hit that your hits return your next hit's mana requirement. To answer your question, our 6L attack costs 34 mana. We attack around 3.5 times a second. So that's 119 mana a second. Leech is by far the easiest method with this build.

5. I have never used Dash. It'd make me sick. But I think Second Wind Support would work well just to be sure that you have the uses available when you want them.

6. I do create guide specific filters. Filters for everyone as well. The guide filters aren't specific for each guide, but each guide inclusively. So if this is the only guide of mine that you're doing, you'll still see the drop that Slow-Mo, Curse Happy, and RF Happy will need. But it's still a huge reduction of what would normally drop. SSF and Trade Filters are all the same. SSF in the title just lets Trade players know why I keep some of the low tier currency in the high tier filters.

Great questions!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions. I really appreciate it.
I'm currently doing tier 10-12 maps and started to feel like Bladestorm is not scaling as better as I wanted it to scale but then again I don't have top gears either. Also the main problem I was facing with Bladestorm is that I have to get is that I have to get into enemy's face every time I want to fight them, which is something I like but then again having a bit of range helps a lot, so I switched Bladestorm with Lacerate and my clear speed has increased since then. The Lacerate skill goes really well with my play-style. Also I have ditched Dash cause it's very buggy, using leap slam now.
So I was wondering if there is any changes I need to make on my gem setups and skill tree to make the build more optimized for Lacerate, can you give me some suggestions on that? Can you kindly check my character and suggest me how I can improve? I think my main weakness right now is that I'm not doing enough damages and I die quickly against bosses that do DoT damages but I can facetank other bosses! How do I mitigate damages taken from DoT?

Thanks in advance :)
- wardencmd

"
"
axlr5366 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Im back !

Welcome back axlr5366! Those changes all sound great! I like the axe specific tree for sure. I missed where you get those Axe nodes from; what you sacrificed to get those. If you don't mind making your character tab public on the PoE website, it'll be easier to take a look. Don't worry at all if you don't want to. The build concept sounds cool and I'm excited to take a look!

Here is link for the tree https://pastebin.com/KYLQ31bi
how would i replace bladestorm with cyclone? i really would love to use cyclone with this blocking setup!
Hi All,

I now have a level 90 Gladiator with 75/75 block in Softcore Harvest. I played around with this build in 3.10 and I have been fully investing in this build in Harvest and I have a couple of observations/tips on this build.

1. Weapon. My build has a 380 physical DPS sword with 3% chaos damage and has a speed of 1.97 attacks per second (A fast weapon is very important in this build because you have to be spinning to hit things and you want to hit first. So prioritize the fastest weapon in whatever damage category you can afford. I paid 1 EX for it so save up and get one, or something better.

2. Shield. You can maximize DPS, resists, block, or defenses, but whatever you do don't ignore its stats. I couldn't afford a Surrender, so I'm using an Aegis Aurora
which replenishes energy shield based on 2% of your armor. With all the increased shield defense nodes my character has 11,000 armor and 1,300 energy shield. So it generates a couple hundred ES everytime it blocks. Give this shield a try if you can't afford a Surrender as they are very cheap - 2 Chaos+.

3. Jewelry. I use my jewelry for resists, accuracy, mana, and DPS. Make sure you annoint your amulet with something or buy one someone else has annointed. Getting a curse on hit on a ring or corrupted glove helps a lot with DPS too.

4. Armor. Get a high armor rating, life, and resists. I crafted the % increased life and mana on my bench.

5. Helmet. You want a Bladestorm Enchant, life, resists, etc.

6. Gloves. I'm using thses guys for the Rampage, which is mostly for Delving. A lot of choices here.

7. Belt and Boots. Nothing too exciting here, mostly looking for life and resists.

DPS Tips After you get the highest DPS sword with the fastest speed you can afford, prioritize attack speed in your tree and jewels if possible. Also try to get some Impale nodes from the tree, and use an Impale jewel in your six link (I don't use brutality because I'd rather have chaos and elemental damage). You should also run the dread banner all the time for the 20% impale chance. Impale is extremely important if you want to maximize DPS as it is a DPS doubler.

My DPS numbers from Path of Building Community Fork are:
Attack DPS - 147,000
Impale DPS - 81,255
Total 235,997

Each Bladestorm 114,423
X 3 = 343,269

All DPS = 579,266

I don't know how accurate PoB is with Bladestorm DPS but I will tell you my character is doing good in T14 maps providing they are not suicidal map mods.

I hope this helps others, especially figuring out how to upgrade gear.

"
"
f4ward wrote:
Spoiler

So this is the build:

Welcome to the game f4ward! I'm sorry the original version didn't cater to you liking but I'm glad your changes are working well for you! Your life took a huge hit, but that doesn't really matter if you're not dying. So let us know how they do deep in endgame! I'm always up for feedback to make the build better. Even if it comes simply in you sharing your changes as you progress.

I'm glad the filters make sense to you! I'm always up for feedback there too. Thanks for your post! Good luck with the progress!

You got me to rethink what I did with the build, and I moved some points into Life.
Yesterday got my first Sirius kill (on AL5). Only after that I watched a guide and realized that he was basically the endgame boss and I should have gotten a corrupted blood jewel and could have lowered the AL to make it easier ))
Here's an updated version of the build:
https://pastebin.com/i6urxzkR

I had a little 5.2k life to face Sirius and got the Crown of Inward Eye upgrade from him which brings me to 5.5k
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 4, 2020, 2:02:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info