3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! CURSE HAPPY (CI): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

A small interim report. I'm currently lvl 78 with 3 labs done. Doing white maps bonus objectives. I have 7,4k ES and 39k cold damage per second done by vortex (at least that's what the game says in it's description).
I haven't died since act 5.
My gear is far from perfect, but for now I simply run through any mobs and they explode like I am in a god mode. Even bosses die pretty fast. Great build, tyvm!
thank you Wrecker, really appreciate all the work you put into these guides and really enjoying the game play. not having to hit a lot of different keys, in specific sequences, is much more relaxing and fun for me.

did have one question, and it's probably somewhere in the guide, but I am not finding it. do you have a suggested order in which to take the ascendancies? I took vile bastion first and getting ready to run the second lab soon. penciled in going profane bloom and then malediction, then finishing with void beacon.
Since this build is based on curses, don't forget to disable them all before bossfight in cursed crypt map (lvl 2 map, no arena area) or the boss will just oneshot you as it just happened to me))
"
Protamine wrote:
I found another fancy unique for CI builds. Apep's Supremacy shield transforms all physical damage taken from bleeding into chaos damage, so we can literally forget about this nasty dot. It also has big ES pool and a sweet (30-50)% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge. Also some minor bonuses like (5-10)% increased Spell Damage and +3% to all maximum Resistances while Poisoned. It costs around 50c now, which isn't that bad.
Wow Protamine!That's cool! I haven't seen that shield before! That's really cool. Nice find!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Spoiler
Hey there! haha i looked at frostwall and...honestly seems like it'd annoy me more, so I did not.

currently running Deodre's scorn, Solstice Vigil, Valyrium moonstone ring and bated breath. the uniques seem nice, just didn't roll as much resis as I'd like. I'd really like to replace them all but they all have such good passives I just cannot.

Right now I am running enfeeble discipline temp chains (free!) and frostbite as active and have despair cast on CWDT. Malevolence is still kinda going to waste so I'm not 100% what to do with that. any advice on that front?

I have not yet taken Chaos innoculation as my shield is only 5.1k at the momoent with no big things coming up that tells me it'll have a meteoric rise anytime soon.

As always, I appreciate everyone here and you for taking hte time to respond and give us feedback :)

If anyone wouldnt mind looking at and telling me what I can change (I'm poor, even with constant map farming...for some reason) I'd appreciate it. thanks!
Hey Ephemeral_Dreams! Thanks for the update! I think you're at a place in gear where (besides the uniques you mentioned keeping) you can replace any of your gear as it comes. All your gear is solid (some better than my own). There's isn't anything that stands out like a sore thumb. All you gear can be improved upon for sure, but they are all solid. Your weapon has awesome "increased" rolls but no DOT Multipier mod. Maybe start with that one if you need direction?

Thanks for your kind words to everyone and thank you to you as well!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 15, 2020, 3:40:21 PM
"
Protamine wrote:
A small interim report. I'm currently lvl 78 with 3 labs done. Doing white maps bonus objectives. I have 7,4k ES and 39k cold damage per second done by vortex (at least that's what the game says in it's description).
My gear is far from perfect, but for now I simply run through any mobs and they explode like I am in a god mode. Even bosses die pretty fast. Great build, tyvm!
You haven't died since act 5? Sweet! Great job! I'm glad you're having so much fun and are really enjoying it! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Great job!

Annnnnd

"
kendo3 wrote:
thank you Wrecker, really appreciate all the work you put into these guides and really enjoying the game play. not having to hit a lot of different keys, in specific sequences, is much more relaxing and fun for me.

did have one question, and it's probably somewhere in the guide, but I am not finding it. do you have a suggested order in which to take the ascendancies? I took vile bastion first and getting ready to run the second lab soon. penciled in going profane bloom and then malediction, then finishing with void beacon.
Thanks kendo3! That's really very kind of you. I'm glad you've found the game to be so much more relaxing and enjoyable. I too (obviously) like the more relaxed playstyle.

Ya the Ascendancy section is tucked away under the Big Passive Tree picture. It's easy to miss. Here's my suggested order (which you did naturally on your own):

"You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows (defence first):
- 1st Two Points - Vile Bastion. You get ES regenerated per enemy killed Recently. Recently means within the last 4 seconds. The biggest part of this node is that you can't be stunned. How easy you are to stun is based on your life. We have 1 life. Chaos Inoculation characters get stunned ALL the time. This node is VERY important.
- 2nd Two Points - Profane Bloom. Has a chance to explode enemies upon kill. The explosion this causes can instantly clear a screen. My Favourite part is that enemies cannot be Hexproof. Hexproof means curse proof. So even if a map mod says that enemies are Hexproof, they aren't for you :).
- 3rd Two Points - Malediction. This one is busy. Every enemy we curse deals 10% less damage and takes 10% more damage, we gain short term bonus damage per kill, and we gain access to our 3rd curse. You'll have noticed that the path to this node also greatly increases the effectiveness of our curses. This is a huge node for us.
- 4th Two Points - Void Beacon. It lowers the Cold Resist of nearby enemies (basically that's enemies on the screen) and slows their life regen down as well (which is huge for DOT skills like Vortex)."

I just use all three curses as I level, even if I don't have the "permission" to apply three curses yet. It's not a big deal while levelling.

Annnnnd

Hey :) Sooo i was actually thinking about starting this build, but I saw your showcase 3.11 video and it looks like you are missing some serious singletarget damage. Is this right or was your character in the showcase video far from geared up :)?
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Jul 19, 2020, 8:07:33 AM
"
Protamine wrote:

would you, or Wrecker, take a look at my witch and see what suggestions you can give me to survive. at lvl 76, have been unable to complete lab 3. doing pretty well on white maps. gear isn't the greatest but best I have been able to do so far.

compared to your numbers, I have around 5.2k ES and doing around 26k cold damage per second from vortex. obviously, those go hand in hand. if I could pump up the damage by 50%, wouldn't get hit so often and another 40% in ES would certainly help her survive to get in that higher damage. just not sure what I should focus on first and whether any adjusting of the skill tree would help. have tried to keep a balance between offense and defense but maybe I need to focus more on one than the other

have now died 33 times and many times I have no idea what killed me as it's basically a 1-shot and without a combat log of any type, it's hard to tell what did it.

I have two other harvest characters, a level 86 shadow that has died 16 times, mainly trying to push him to the limit in maps. and a level 72 marauder that has died once. both were able to run lab 3 without any problems. point being, that while I know I am a great player, I do have some basic understanding of what I should be doing and having a much harder time with my witch

still enjoying the build and watching everything crawl around before it explodes but would enjoy it a lot more without all the dying and XP loss

many thanks for any suggestions and pointers. maybe I am just being too aggressive and need to dance around the packs more. I don't know but must be something I could do better

update - gained another level running lvl 1 - 3 maps and died 4 more times. going to put it on the shelf for now and raise some cash with my alts. try again with some better gear and ideas on what to change
Last edited by kendo3 on Jul 21, 2020, 6:24:33 PM
"
kendo3 wrote:
"
Protamine wrote:

would you, or Wrecker, take a look at my witch and see what suggestions you can give me to survive. at lvl 76, have been unable to complete lab 3. doing pretty well on white maps. gear isn't the greatest but best I have been able to do so far.

compared to your numbers, I have around 5.2k ES and doing around 26k cold damage per second from vortex. obviously, those go hand in hand. if I could pump up the damage by 50%, wouldn't get hit so often and another 40% in ES would certainly help her survive to get in that higher damage. just not sure what I should focus on first and whether any adjusting of the skill tree would help. have tried to keep a balance between offense and defense but maybe I need to focus more on one than the other

have now died 33 times and many times I have no idea what killed me as it's basically a 1-shot and without a combat log of any type, it's hard to tell what did it.

I have two other harvest characters, a level 86 shadow that has died 16 times, mainly trying to push him to the limit in maps. and a level 72 marauder that has died once. both were able to run lab 3 without any problems. point being, that while I know I am a great player, I do have some basic understanding of what I should be doing and having a much harder time with my witch

still enjoying the build and watching everything crawl around before it explodes but would enjoy it a lot more without all the dying and XP loss

many thanks for any suggestions and pointers. maybe I am just being too aggressive and need to dance around the packs more. I don't know but must be something I could do better

update - gained another level running lvl 1 - 3 maps and died 4 more times. going to put it on the shelf for now and raise some cash with my alts. try again with some better gear and ideas on what to change

your profile isn't public or I don't know where to look for it. I can't find it to look at but yea, survivability will be way more important than damage. even if you take a 10k hit in dmg but gain 20% in all resis and 1k ES, that's gonna carry you away further. can you make it public and I can try to help with my noob experience of dying a ton myself?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info