[3.11] Gryph's BRAND new VD -- Arcanist Brand/Archmage -Theorycraft

I wanted to play around with Arcanists's brand, so I think I'll start with some approximation of this. If it doesn't work, I can still switch to the cyclone+cwcVD with scold's. ;)
Just tested here and it actually work, arcanist brand + vd + desecrate.

https://youtu.be/t52pcUiVfGQ
"
Arckeid wrote:

It does work, I'm just concerned that the damage isn't there since we can't link archmage to arcanist branded skills and we lose so many links to desecrate and brand.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Arckeid wrote:

It does work, I'm just concerned that the damage isn't there since we can't link archmage to arcanist branded skills and we lose so many links to desecrate and brand.

Indigon should provide a lot of damage eventually since arcane cloak spends so much mana.
I played around with it when I started act5. It felt very slow. especially the delay between placing the brand and the first VDs appearing feels long.
Place, tick, desecrate, tick, desecrate+VD.
Maybe with a lot of increased cast speed... Guess I'll try it again around maps.

Edit: feels like we could just use desecrate/unearth totems and self-cast...
Last edited by Silenc42 on Jun 20, 2020, 5:36:46 AM
"
Silenc42 wrote:
I played around with it when I started act5. It felt very slow. especially the delay between placing the brand and the first VDs appearing feels long.
Place, tick, desecrate, tick, desecrate+VD.
Maybe with a lot of increased cast speed... Guess I'll try it again around maps.

Edit: feels like we could just use desecrate/unearth totems and self-cast...

Yeah that's why I leveled with slinger. Without Corpse Pact it isn't going to feel good.

Honestly I think just self casting would be more effective. That way you also get to use Archmage on VD and your cast speed will be very high thanks to CP.

Hey OP, could you explain to me why your POB seems to claim your Atziri's foible gives 180% all res? I can't seem to find that stat being on there anywhere...
Are you just using that as a filler? As in, we should just get our resistances from other items?
Last edited by themastadon85 on Jun 20, 2020, 11:19:50 AM
"
themastadon85 wrote:
Hey OP, could you explain to me why your POB seems to claim your Atziri's foible gives 180% all res? I can't seem to find that stat being on there anywhere...
Are you just using that as a filler? As in, we should just get our resistances from other items?

yeah it's jut filler bc I was being lazy. Lol.
this build wont work, you think of bladeblast - bladefall?
"
hjeunm wrote:
this build wont work, you think of bladeblast - bladefall?

you can do any skill that you want with this tree really. Duration skills/skills that don't need super frequent recasting all work. For necro a Corpse Skill is still best so that you can take advantage of ascendancy.

I'm self casting VD with Archmage right now. I self cast desecrate and have another desecrate setup in my helmet to give me some semi-automation.

Works fine so far. Cremation is also a really good option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info