Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
0nyX wrote:

Also the Ruins Hellion for a spectre now uses level 22 rallying cry which is another immense tool in your arsenal :)

I have been considering this.

Right now I am using 1 Ape (frenzy) and 2 Kitava Heralds.

I am very happy with the Heralds but not as happy with the Ape. He does not seem to have the ability by himself to keep more than 1 frenzy charge up.

How does the Rallying Cry do for up time? Can you tell how often Ruins Hellions actually makes the War Cry?

Some of the stats on Rallying Cry for the minions appear to be good but the synergy with the main hand weapon does not seem strong (I may be misunderstanding what it does).
"

I think he could fit in Deathmark.

Maybe he plays on console? I am unfamiliar on the key limitations there.

On PS4 they took the stand in place feature off L2 and made it a second setup, it is effortless to have 8 skills and 12 is tricky but doable:)
I played this with waaaaaaaaaay toooo many minions and gave up when my PS4 blue screened in red maps!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
I remember from long ago, that if you link Blood Magic with Raise Specter, that specters like Carnage Chief and Ruins Hellions would be much more likely to use their spells (for frenzy and war cry).

Is this still true? I have been wondering if I could replace Elemental Army in my Raise Specter set up with Blood Magic...
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 2, 2020, 2:20:52 PM
"
"
0nyX wrote:

Also the Ruins Hellion for a spectre now uses level 22 rallying cry which is another immense tool in your arsenal :)

I have been considering this.

Right now I am using 1 Ape (frenzy) and 2 Kitava Heralds.

I am very happy with the Heralds but not as happy with the Ape. He does not seem to have the ability by himself to keep more than 1 frenzy charge up.

How does the Rallying Cry do for up time? Can you tell how often Ruins Hellions actually makes the War Cry?

Some of the stats on Rallying Cry for the minions appear to be good but the synergy with the main hand weapon does not seem strong (I may be misunderstanding what it does).

Damn, I haven't researched all those good questions, but the Ruins Hellion is on my buddys necro with 2 apes and we are frenzied and when the dog cries it is noticeable! I don't know the frequency/duration however, I'll watch closer tonight.
One key thing is I do not see the necro as a damage dealer, nor the specters or guardian. not in this build anyways. We are all just the supports for the zombies, phantasms and skeletons. I let them worry about the killing, my job is to stay alive!
"
I remember from long ago, that if you link Blood Magic with Raise Specter, that specters like Carnage Chief and Ruins Hellions would be much more likely to use their spells (for frenzy and war cry).

Is this still true? I have been wondering if I could replace Elemental Army in my Raise Specter set up with Blood Magic...

Yes if you can fit it in, it is immediately noticeable.
That sounds like an excellent plan as I play my necro with defensive specters.
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
"

Yes if you can fit it in, it is immediately noticeable.
That sounds like an excellent plan as I play my necro with defensive specters.

ok I just added Blood Magic in place of Elemental Army.

The Ape is certainly benefiting from it. Instead of barely 1 frenzy charge, I now see 2 and 3 commonly when mapping.

I do not know what to look for though to see if the Hellion is benefiting. I can't make out in the confusion how often he is war crying but I am going to assume it is working.

I can't tell what the down size of this is yet since I ran out of red maps entirely. I am hoping losing the Elemental Army resists won't be too big a deal for the specters. According to POB I won't miss Elemental Army at all as I have max resists on my specters with out it.
"

I can't tell what the down size of this is yet since I ran out of red maps entirely. I am hoping losing the Elemental Army resists won't be too big a deal for the specters. According to POB I won't miss Elemental Army at all as I have max resists on my specters with out it.

Daaaaaaaaam! first world problems! LOL
Glad it is all working out, I am collecting ideas for myself since I haven't played this build since last league, great to hear about the specters!
Hopefully I will get to this again, my buddy is playing it and I am honestly chasing to keep up with the minions! But my trickster has a trick or 2 left and is just starting to become OP :)

This is a good time to double down on Alva, Niko and Zana, all map providers.
Find those dark cities in that mine exile :)
Also, if you are running reds like that, loot is probably good, buy some cheap ones to keep things moving. Those scarifice to the Vaal fragments for Atziri, throw three of them in with each map, the more quantity you add, the more maps you will see. Scarabs too, it's all to prop up the quantity.

Zombie on!
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Jul 2, 2020, 4:04:26 PM
Very good day for me today!!

Best day by far for currency generation as I had two raw exalts drop (the first exalt drops of the league for me).

I made some very solid improvements to my character:

1) Moved to a 6 link Queen's Hunger
2) Improved general gear to 7200 effective life
3) Picked up a level 21 Raise Zombie (13% quality, it was the most cost effective I could find)
4) Improved the Raise Specter setup by changing out Elemental Army for Blood Magic

I also added a cluster jewel setup but I can't tell yet if its an improvement or a lateral one.

Now I just need some red maps to test out these improvements :)

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jul 2, 2020, 5:50:23 PM
I edited my above post for map ideas, good luck!
Has anyone used The Jinxed Juju unique with this build? I've tried it and so far I really like it. I feel like I have more survivability because my spectres tank some of the damage I take. And they're very tanky as is so I don't even notice their health being affected too much. I'm still not that tanky and cant just sit still and take the hits, but I feel safer (?).

I was frustrated with using Meat Shield Support for a while because I had to run in the middle of packs just to get my zombies and phantasms to get defensive and attack stuff (otherwise they just kind of mingle around me while my spectres and skellies did all the work).

I was about to just get rid of Meat Shield for something else when I decided to get an Unset Ring and stick a random spell in there--I used Kinetic Bolt and left it at level 1. I just spam it at a distance, and the kinetic bolt zig zags around the place so it hits a lot of mobs, and the phantasms/zombies attack much more often because I'm actually attacking stuff, and I am safer because I don't attack things with my face.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info