Preview of Rebalanced Unique Items in Path of Exile: Harvest

Why the hell nerf Brain Rattler damage?

Cant be near as good as a crafted 2h anyway and the shock increase wasnt that hard to cap now either?

"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
dank pog dank sick pog poggers... fk you first page lot smoking? any of you even fkng reading notes at all or just waiting to be first on the comment section with the most useless information of the day? gotta scroll a few pages until I read opinions of people that actually have a bloody opinion on the matter...

anyway, rant over.

Im more afraid for all this than psyched. I don't see a solid reason to be psyched.

50 uniques reworked? Really concerned about what this will do to a crap load of builds that we have been working on.

I guess if we keep the old versions as legacy items that is ok, but any tried and tested items you might want for certain builds will be from there on, out the window.

Idk, such a huge balance slash rework of so many unique items? Makes me more concerned than excited.

Unless they are trying to make all the smaller or mid level items more usable and they stick to those tiers more. Perhaps I am missing something in all this and it could be a really great update.

Gonna have to wait and see when the patch notes drop.

They're twitch monkeys, no sign of intelligence in them. Shame that we can't report their dumb shit as a spam.
"
Assywalker wrote:

What changes with the patch?

"Molten Strike’s damage has been buffed to compensate for the loss of old Wildfire."
I expect them to raise the damage of projectiles to "40% less Damage"

In before the damage buff is only to the main melee strike portion, or the damage effectiveness on the gem.

I know people still use Molten Strike but I find it sucks to use since they: A. removed the old smooth feeling it had with ground targeting and B. they nerfed the base attack speed of all the melee skills to make Melee suck more overall when they were supposedly "buffing melee".

As a tangent if GGG ever wanted to actually make Melee not suck compared to literally everything else they REALLY need to get past this failed idea that melee should have these SLOW SUICIDAL backswings... if they ever get past this idea they can fix melee in no time. Just regulate melee swing speed by reducing the interval between attacks and not the time it takes to swing a weapon: fixes 2 handers, makes melee less suicidal to use, reduces the dominance of Dual wield, makes Maces not as shit as they are, helps all the weapon bases be more competitive, and most of all:

MAKE MELEE FEEL LESS SHITTY TO USE. Especially this would help "big slow hit/slam" design space they keep trying to make into a real thing. As the main problem with slow wind ups it it multiplies how often you get insta killed.

Nothing in the game feel more squishy and jank in high end content than a non block build using a 2 handed weapon LOL... those builds literally die 2-3 times more often than anything else in the game.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Because there is a reason nobody uses those items and changing them from unused to unused isn't an improvement - now people always go overboard or don't realize an items potential and that is fairly normal but also problems are frequently highlighted early and they just waste effort changing an alch shard to an alch shard.

This needs to be emphasized so far the changes in this thread are overall disappointing and more than just that: also aggravating because they display GGG's disconnectedness to WHATS WRONG WITH THOSE ITEMS. Some of these items (Like Broken Faith) were decent and just needed a nudge instead they got reinvented. Some just are clueless changes like Uul-netols Embrace.

Someone at GGG actually said in a meeting at some point: "the problem with Uul-netols axe is the clearspeed gimmick Bone nova doesn't proc against bosses".

This person is completely wrong. Its an incredilbly slow "big hit" axe with a mod that only procs on the second hit, so then for 90% of your use it's not a Unique axe because it wont proc its Unique mod... which means that you might as well just be using a rare axe with double the attack speed and at least FEEL GOOD when you swing it. The axe legit looks like it was designed by two different people who didn't talk to each other.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jun 9, 2020, 2:04:58 PM
i like
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
"
doub1e wrote:
Rigwald's Savagery & Rigwald's Command
Thats not Varunastra, for trying to build with, you must spend points for axe+sword+dual wield+bleed work only if you have like 300 skill points but we don't.
[Removed by Support]
Broken Faith
[Removed by Support]
Ungil's Harmony
Well on level 23 probably viable.
[Removed by Support]
The Blood Dance
[Removed by Support]
Wildfire
Another nerf for molten strike? Nice.
[Removed by Support]
Uul-Netol's Embrace
That's still Axe and still bleed
Bone Nova - fine.
PAttack - fine.
Reduced attck speed by 25% - NOT HELP AT ALL.
25% Chance to bleed - useless. All bleed build have 100%
FOR ACTUAL WORK you need change reduced attack speed and chance to bleed to
-Damage with bleeding
-Attack damage against bleeding
-Bleeding you inflict deals damage faster
-Damage overtime multiplier
[Removed by Support]
Hotfooted
Well for 0.5% build probably viable
Brain Rattler
BIS for lightning skills. With some streamers hype would probably cost like 10 ex.
BUFF

The Dark Seer
[Removed by Support]

Well done.

+10

THIS breakdown is a comment that should have been on the first page. Idk what in TF do some of those guys see when they be so hyped. Someone else mentioned Gruk pelt......potential has always been there but as it is currently, nahhhhh for endgame it's garbage. Cant use spells (auras especially) that negates using Pride and Punishment, where it screams for it. Idk maybe it'll get a buff / rework in the rest of the patch notes.

Many items deserved to be buffed but all these drawbacks are not the way. Molten strike...….what's the point in even bothering to release items to be relative to certain builds / skills, if it's all gonna be nerfed to hell anyways? Unless the MS gem rework will feature the "MORE damage" modifier, which we know it wont; then these nerfed reworks are dead on arrival.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Jun 9, 2020, 8:22:39 PM
hey GGG why dont you just delete molten strike and be done with it
Cool!
"
Kaosmo wrote:
Why the hell nerf Brain Rattler damage?

It could be just low roll but there are probably some changes to mace bases since it has new implicit mod as well.
"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
"
doub1e wrote:
Rigwald's Savagery & Rigwald's Command
Thats not Varunastra, for trying to build with, you must spend points for axe+sword+dual wield+bleed work only if you have like 300 skill points but we don't.
[Removed by Support]
Broken Faith
[Removed by Support]
Ungil's Harmony
Well on level 23 probably viable.
[Removed by Support]
The Blood Dance
[Removed by Support]
Wildfire
Another nerf for molten strike? Nice.
[Removed by Support]
Uul-Netol's Embrace
That's still Axe and still bleed
Bone Nova - fine.
PAttack - fine.
Reduced attck speed by 25% - NOT HELP AT ALL.
25% Chance to bleed - useless. All bleed build have 100%
FOR ACTUAL WORK you need change reduced attack speed and chance to bleed to
-Damage with bleeding
-Attack damage against bleeding
-Bleeding you inflict deals damage faster
-Damage overtime multiplier
[Removed by Support]
Hotfooted
Well for 0.5% build probably viable
Brain Rattler
BIS for lightning skills. With some streamers hype would probably cost like 10 ex.
BUFF

The Dark Seer
[Removed by Support]

Well done.

+10

THIS breakdown is a comment that should have been on the first page.

Most of these assertions are wrong though, rigwalds pair, broken faith, rattler, dark seer are all non final equipment but usable otw, broken faith might get used all the time actually.

the rest are very niche, that reads bad in most cases but I can think of a use for most of them the issue is many players view on uniques is from a starforge/disfavour perspective which a majority of uniques cannot be. All of these shown are better than moonbender and wake of destruction which they teased first lol
Last edited by Rebekah_GGG on Jun 9, 2020, 8:23:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info