Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

I'm quite happy with Glancing Blows getting such a huge demotion. So many builds being wholly dependent on that for survivability was really dumb.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"

Still doesn't feel awesome or fluid to play but I suspect I'm expecting flight from a Ferrari there.

No. I agree. I feel they are in the right direction conceptually. But the execution could still do with some polishing. But these devs have surprised me quite abit with how much they managed to get done in this 1.5yrs or so.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
aggromagnet wrote:
I'm quite happy with Glancing Blows getting such a huge demotion. So many builds being wholly dependent on that for survivability was really dumb.

So they finally nerfed Crit Avoidance and Glancing Blows, which like majority of players deemed as mandatory.

Good to hear.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
Jerle wrote:
"

Still doesn't feel awesome or fluid to play but I suspect I'm expecting flight from a Ferrari there.

No. I agree. I feel they are in the right direction conceptually. But the execution could still do with some polishing. But these devs have surprised me quite abit with how much they managed to get done in this 1.5yrs or so.

Aren't you and Sarno quite active on LE forums? I ofen encounter your names when EHG announces new stuff.

Guess LE is the new refugee spot for disgruntled PoE players ;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Aren't you and Sarno quite active on LE forums? I ofen encounter your names when EHG announces new stuff.

Given Sarno is the Community Manager for LE and Jerle's the game's equivalent of a Ruler...I imagine they're both very active there!

I see more than a few disgruntled ex-Exiles in the Wolcen discord but mostly it's them dunking on the Wolcen devs for not being GGG. Kind of ironic. What amuses me most is the discord has roughly THIRTY TIMES as many members as it does active players according to steam. A lot of people are watching to see what comes next, it seems...

But I maintain Last Epoch is the superior ARPG. By far. It's just not my idea of fun, which is admittedly kind of trashy at times. ^_^

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 13, 2020, 3:42:49 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Sarno posts the annoucement so I guess I'm not surprised your encountering his name :p I just try to get into the hype train :D

Say hi if you see me around there :D

"

Given Sarno is the Community Manager for LE and Jerle's the game's equivalent of a Ruler...I imagine they're both very active there!

I see more than a few disgruntled ex-Exiles in the Wolcen discord but mostly it's them dunking on the Wolcen devs for not being GGG. Kind of ironic. What amuses me most is the discord has roughly THIRTY TIMES as many members as it does active players according to steam. A lot of people are watching to see what comes next, it seems...

But I maintain Last Epoch is the superior ARPG. By far. It's just not my idea of fun, which is admittedly kind of trashy at times. ^_^

A pity, Charan. Would be nice to have you in the LE community :)
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:

A pity, Charan. Would be nice to have you in the LE community :)

Ego aside, I think the Wolcen one needs me much more, and I genuinely do love the game. And I've already started giving feedback and interacting with their CMs, soooo...yknow, who knows. We do what we can.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Actually the last patch did nothing. I think we are finally at the point where 4 affixes is too little and does not offer gear diversity. The change to resistances means all your gear needs some and thats that. PoE, for example, has huge resistance pieces and then with the rest you can kinda do what you want. In Last Epoch currently you build resistances and thats all. We just moved from glancing blow/crit avoidance to 75% all resist with a little on top for shred.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Actually the last patch did nothing. I think we are finally at the point where 4 affixes is too little and does not offer gear diversity. The change to resistances means all your gear needs some and thats that. PoE, for example, has huge resistance pieces and then with the rest you can kinda do what you want. In Last Epoch currently you build resistances and thats all. We just moved from glancing blow/crit avoidance to 75% all resist with a little on top for shred.

Meh those are just pre-release balance issues.

Hell I cannot even remember all the defensive iterations, changes, and adjustments PoE has gone through.

From CI being absolutely OP, to Path of Life Nodes, to max block Aegis invincible builds, to legacy Lightning Coil, to more recently Aura Stacking immortal builds.

In short, dont let perfect be the enemy of the good.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Thats not the point. To have more freedom the game needs more affixes, 4 is not enough. I am completely fine with having resistances, crit avoidance/reduction, glancing blows, regen, etc. but with this little space and with the boss' design itemization will remain the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info