[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

This build could be great for Ultimatum, tanky enough to handle the new mechanic and still clear the atlas pretty quick.

Watching for patch note changes!
A nerf to explode chests is just mean to melee builds. I'm interested to see how explode chests perform post-nerf. May be exactly the same AFAIK.

If explode chest just doesn't perform anymore, I suggest an explode statstick like this if they are reasonably priced. They went for 3-5 ex last league for the base and you just use some essences on it.

Maybe GGG will be nice and give some way to scale it up. Explode is really nice on Melee builds.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Apr 13, 2021, 1:54:01 PM
"
Scarfuncle wrote:
A nerf to explode chests is just mean to melee builds. I'm interested to see how explode chests perform post-nerf. May be exactly the same AFAIK.

If explode chest just doesn't perform anymore, I suggest an explode statstick like this if they are reasonably priced. They went for 3-5 ex last league for the base and you just use some essences on it.

Maybe GGG will be nice and give some way to scale it up. Explode is really nice on Melee builds.

How do you think this build plays with no explode for corpses? I have a feeling GGG is going to nerf it all lol.
Hi ScarfUncle,

+(3201–4000) to Armour during Soul Gain Prevention
Will this increase our Shield Charge damage if we craft it to the shield?
any update on how this works in the new league?????
"
yingchin wrote:
Hi ScarfUncle,

+(3201–4000) to Armour during Soul Gain Prevention
Will this increase our Shield Charge damage if we craft it to the shield?

That's a definitive no. It adds it to your armour and not the shield's armour. subtle difference.

"
Archangel223 wrote:
any update on how this works in the new league?????

The biggest change was to the explode chest, so my guess it is pretty unchanged. Someone who has reached explodes with this build, report in please.
With the addition of Petrified blood, you could probably fit a few more auras in as well as use a Dreadbeak for the low life buffs. I'll be testing this out to see if it ends up being higher dps with the 100% increased global damage mod and perma onslaught on LL. Also, have you tried out Bloodthirst with this yet? My first character was a Lancing steel champion and Bloodthirst added loads of damage with a 6k life pool.
"
UnObscured wrote:
Have you tried out Bloodthirst with this yet?

I'm not sure where you would use that. The added damage is to weapon attacks. We don't use weapon attacks.
Does this have pack explosions built in or does it require the explodey chest?

Also I am confused about the mention of call of steel skill but doesn't seem to be listed anywhere?

Thanks
"
canvore wrote:
Does this have pack explosions built in or does it require the explodey chest?

Also I am confused about the mention of call of steel skill but doesn't seem to be listed anywhere?

Thanks

Explosions are not built in. You'd have to sacrifice max block to get bleedsplosions. I haven't tried it - block is just to OP to drop. We use the chest or an offhand to get explodes.

Call of steel is in the leveling section. I didn't put it in the utility section because you can drop call of steel once you have a better means of explodes. I'll add a mention of it in the utility section.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info