Will currencies in standard such as exalted orb or mirrors become useless once POE 2 hits?

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:
Why would they become useless?
The major change that's been announced is linked gems instead of gear.

I only hope they compensate 6-linked gear somehow.

because in PoE 2.0 there are NO links or sockets in items anymore, only sockets in skill gems and they are always "linked".

if that's the case, then what would happened to those godly 6 linked WHITE sockets and those godly corrupted items with vaal implicits?

Are they removed?
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:

because in PoE 2.0 there are NO links or sockets in items anymore, only sockets in skill gems and they are always "linked".

if that's the case, then what would happened to those godly 6 linked WHITE sockets and those godly corrupted items with vaal implicits?

Are they removed?

Nope. They will get the correct socket number for that item but those sockets will become white instead.

In PoE 2 all sockets can be 6 linked. As in, the gems can have 6 sockets(not gear anymore) and automatically link based on how many they have. This means we will have a A LOT more 6 link options once it drops.

This also means that jeweller orbs become the new fusing orbs and fusings are getting removed as they will be needed to 6 socket gems.

Also Gems ilvl matters now in what can get 6 sockets or not.

All this info was announced during exilecon last year. I'm sure there are youtube videos with the major info and everything is subject to change.
"
t0lkien wrote:
Fusings on the other hand...

I wouldn't worry too much about that tbh, the new system will still need a RNG system to get the max sockets per skill and i thought i heard mention of them converting the fusing to the new currency that would replace it.

@OP

PoE2 isn't a separate game, it's the same client with an alternate play through, a lot of the same crafting systems will be there (maybe streamlined) all the content that is currently available will be there, all the currency will work, all the items...and you'll be playing end game with characters from both versions since it is shared.

A lot of the stuff revealed at exilecon will be in the current game before PoE2 launches, like the changes to sockets and linking (i would guess) like vulkan, and i'm sure there will be other things like new character models
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
They also announced that in standard, fuses would be converted to jewelers, conversion ratio to be determined later.
Some errors in this here thread... notably item sockets.

Yes, there will *still* be sockets in items.

Currently, items with 3 sockets will get up to 2, I believe. One at the very least.
Items with 4 sockets will get 2, perhaps 3.
And items with six sockets will get 3 (tabula, for instance, will get 3 sockets).

The sockets will not be linked, nor can they be as far as current information states, and all will be white. They may have shapes, or even colors, which gives certain benefits to skills in them... perhaps.

It will be the active skill gems themselves which will have sockets and links. I do believe this will cancel out having multiple active skills per support link chain - such as having 3 golems in a six link setup (golem builds, ect). You may have to support each golem individually. That information is not particularly clear.

AFAIK fusings will still be required to link skill gem sockets.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on May 29, 2020, 5:26:30 PM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Some errors in this here thread... notably item sockets.

Yes, there will *still* be sockets in items.

Currently, items with 3 sockets will get up to 2, I believe. One at the very least.
Items with 4 sockets will get 2, perhaps 3.
And items with six sockets will get 3 (tabula, for instance, will get 3 sockets).

The sockets will not be linked, nor can they be as far as current information states, and all will be white. They may have shapes, or even colors, which gives certain benefits to skills in them... perhaps.

It will be the active skill gems themselves which will have sockets and links. I do believe this will cancel out having multiple active skills per support link chain - such as having 3 golems in a six link setup (golem builds, ect). You may have to support each golem individually. That information is not particularly clear.

AFAIK fusings will still be required to link skill gem sockets.

Your information is incorrect. Almost all of it as a matter of fact. Other people above haves posted correct information.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on Jun 2, 2020, 3:48:44 AM
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Fapmobile wrote:

yes, but the OP asked about exalts and mirrors. those wont become useless at all.

nobody needs to be compensated for 6link gear. thats like being compensated every time they add power creep. you've had your items, you've used them, they arent stocks that you're investing in.

That will be really sad. My best moments in this game are owning/buying things that become legacy as well as 6-linking my first chest piece. Loosing that body armour will be very sad. Having played for so many years since beta, I have several 6-links that hold a unique memory to them and I want to keep using in standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info