[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

From what I read: was to keep from going back to dead corpses on the bodyswap, if you explode them you don't have them to go back to. That way you are always moving forward instead of sometimes going back to dead corpses
"
Claeysken wrote:
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:
For the bodyswap build, what is the easy way to make corpses explode again? I remember reading it somewhere, but I can't find it...I've spent like an hour searching lol

Hey,

What do you mean?

If you put it on left mouse button you can keep Bodyswap pressed fulltime.

Also you mean incinerate on left click? Since bodyswap can't be used with CwC? Or am I missing some interaction?
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:
From what I read: was to keep from going back to dead corpses on the bodyswap, if you explode them you don't have them to go back to. That way you are always moving forward instead of sometimes going back to dead corpses

Not sure what do you mean, you can't really move forward with Bodyswap if there're no enemies or corpses present. And if you're fightning someone, going "back" to dead corpses is good since you do additional damage compared to no corpses, you've really big AoE thanks to Heart of Destruction ascendancy on Elementalist so you don't really "miss" your targets even if you bodyswap around uncontrollable.

Either way, the only thing I did with a Incinerate-CwC-Bodyswap is press and hold Incinerate button once I see the target => character starts bodyswapping automatically and after everything dies on screen => proceed to move forward normally or via flame dash (switched from flame dash to frostblink when I got Divirgent Incinerate), see another enemy => hold Incinerate with vague aiming in the general direction of the mob(s), repeat.

When using Incinerate-CwC-BOdyswap early on (~80) I'd recommend pathing to Call to Arms (there're lots of good defensive nodes nearby to help with survivability early too) and/or buying Skin of Lords with that keystone before you can afford Pain Attunement one, so that you can use Infernal Cry for clear without interrupting your channel.
Last edited by MrCinos on Dec 11, 2022, 11:00:49 PM
"
MrCinos wrote:
"
Bowhuntr11 wrote:

Not sure what do you mean, you can't really move forward with Bodyswap if there're no enemies or corpses present. And if you're fightning someone, going "back" to dead corpses is good since you do additional damage compared to no corpses, you've really big AoE thanks to Heart of Destruction ascendancy on Elementalist so you don't really "miss" your targets even if you bodyswap around uncontrollable.

Either way, the only thing I did with a Incinerate-CwC-Bodyswap is press and hold Incinerate button once I see the target => character starts bodyswapping automatically and after everything dies on screen => proceed to move forward normally or via flame dash (switched from flame dash to frostblink when I got Divirgent Incinerate), see another enemy => hold Incinerate with vague aiming in the general direction of the mob(s), repeat.

When using Incinerate-CwC-BOdyswap early on (~80) I'd recommend pathing to Call to Arms (there're lots of good defensive nodes nearby to help with survivability early too) and/or buying Skin of Lords with that keystone before you can afford Pain Attunement one, so that you can use Infernal Cry for clear without interrupting your channel.

Ok awesome, I must have been thinking of a different build or something. My bad.

Thank you again for the tips! I am at T10 maps doing good, with only like 3 decent items. Need to get a couple of drops so I can upgrade more! :)
Is anywhere POB for templar version?
I am currently Leveling and gearing the Witch one, I'm having a few mana issues however even with the -3 to channeled spell cost and I'm not sure what to do about it. I do also notice that I cant reserve everything even with an enlightened but I grabbed Charismatic anoint for that
Also wanted to ask about endurance charges as I Cant see a way of generating them at the moment in the Witch PoB but i might be blind haha

Really fun build still tho, tried the templar before but didnt know how to make currency back then!
"
micbra2 wrote:
I am currently Leveling and gearing the Witch one, I'm having a few mana issues however even with the -3 to channeled spell cost and I'm not sure what to do about it. I do also notice that I cant reserve everything even with an enlightened but I grabbed Charismatic anoint for that
Also wanted to ask about endurance charges as I Cant see a way of generating them at the moment in the Witch PoB but i might be blind haha!

1) Mana Regen

I think I may see some issues. We get a bunch of mana regen from Mastermind of Discord. To get this benefit, we want to Expose Fire to the enemy as often as possible.

The best way to do this is to simply use the glove implicit crafting of "Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -11% to Fire Resistance"

This can be done very easily and cheaply using Eater of World Eldritch orbs.

If you don't have or can't afford them, then you can use a level 1 CWDT set up with WOC. You are doing this but your set up is much too high a level meaning your CWDT is not procing enough. Lower CWDT to a level 1 and use the appropriate WOC level to match. This won't work as well as the glove implicit above but it will help.

Also, the mana reduction mod on your ring is -3. Try and reroll it to get a -4. Every single mana point counts.

2) Fitting in all the auras.

You are missing the Small Cluster set up which increases your mana efficiency and reduces the amount of Mana determination reserves.

3) Endurance Charges

On the Stampede boots, we anoint Inexorable which gives Endurance charges. You have Charisma here right now, but when you add the small cluster jewel I mentioned above, you can change this to Inexorable to get your Endurance charges when you are hit or block. It also gives a massive boost to Armor.

4) General note:

You want to take the Bastion of Elements ascendancy last, as suggested in the POB notes section. It becomes much stronger the more tree points you have spent in late game. If you have the regret orbs, I would remove Bastion of Elements and put in Heart of Destruction as your 3rd ascendancy, it is our strongest node on the tree.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Jan 3, 2023, 9:17:12 PM
"
"
micbra2 wrote:
Also wanted to ask about endurance charges as I Cant see a way of generating them at the moment in the Witch PoB but i might be blind haha!

1) Mana Regen

I think I may see some issues. We get a bunch of mana regen from Mastermind of Discord. To get this benefit, we want to Expose Fire to the enemy as often as possible.

The best way to do this is to simply use the glove implicit crafting of "Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -11% to Fire Resistance"

This can be done very easily and cheaply using Eater of World Eldritch orbs.

If you don't have or can't afford them, then you can use a level 1 CWDT set up with WOC. You are doing this but your set up is much too high a level meaning your CWDT is not procing enough. Lower CWDT to a level 1 and use the appropriate WOC level to match. This won't work as well as the glove implicit above but it will help.

Also, the mana reduction mod on your ring is -3. Try and reroll it to get a -4. Every single mana point counts.

2) Fitting in all the auras.

You are missing the Small Cluster set up which increases your mana efficiency and reduces the amount of Mana determination reserves.

3) Endurance Charges

On the Stampede boots, we anoint Inexorable which gives Endurance charges. You have Charisma here right now, but when you add the small cluster jewel I mentioned above, you can change this to Inexorable to get your Endurance charges when you are hit or block. It also gives a massive boost to Armor.

4) General note:

You want to take the Bastion of Elements ascendancy last, as suggested in the POB notes section. It becomes much stronger the more tree points you have spent in late game. If you have the regret orbs, I would remove Bastion of Elements and put in Heart of Destruction as your 3rd ascendancy, it is our strongest node on the tree.

Thank you for all the tips and such! I have farmed quite a lot of divines so im pretty set in the currency i can invest, i just wasnt 100% sure on how to really get there. I entierly forgot cwdt on low levels are a thing so thank you!
Ill roll for the EoW exposure, should have a couple hundred of them laying in stash. Its a fun build so hopefully i can make it! Sadly the elreon ring is corrupted and such but ill look for a better one at some point! Thanks again!

//EDIT!
Im looking at the POB and i couldnt see any clusters for mana reservation but i do see the socket taken so i assume it goes in there!
Last edited by micbra2 on Jan 8, 2023, 4:11:34 PM
Can someone clarify the interaction of Incinerate (or channelling spells in general) with crits/EO and stuff like e. g. "Supported Skills have 10% chance to Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit" that comes with support gems? Are these checked with each button press or with each cast tick (0.2 seconds in case of base Incinerate)?
"
Cybermax wrote:
Can someone clarify the interaction of Incinerate (or channelling spells in general) with crits/EO and stuff like e. g. "Supported Skills have 10% chance to Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit" that comes with support gems? Are these checked with each button press or with each cast tick (0.2 seconds in case of base Incinerate)?

Each tick.

You can see a channeling skill as something that constantly hits, so on-hit-effects go off all the time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info