[3.21] Aegis Incinerate Elementalist - Tank with over 10mil Shaper DPS!

"
Zaavod wrote:

1) how huge is the difference between elementalist version and templar ? i was wondering myself about creating a new character, an elementalist could be good if the output damages was high enough. But what about elementalist tankyness too ? i mean, i might be a bit mentaly disabled but i really like fighting without dodging anything, and facetanking everyspell lol. Would the elementalist be as tanky as my current gear ?

2) i bought the whole stuff this morning, and then i facepalmed understanding that pain attenuement wouldn't work because of the lack of the coward legacy ... i thought i would outsmart the game but no lol
I guess that changing my belt and rings will lower my defenses too, but i'll do it ! i have to say that im kinda sad to sell the not unset ring i bought for something like 13ex u_u

3) yeah it's such a lucky league, last time i played was during delirium and i had already some good luck. We will see if i keep dropping good awakened on conquerors
For the implicit i might wait a bit, the only one i saw with 4b 2r was 65ex ahah

4) yeah i put awakened hextouch one my gear a few hour ago and i felt a huge difference against bosses like chimera

5) okay for the cinderswalow, i'll get one

6) i didn't know this wouldn't impact damages, i'll change this as i change rings !

7) thank you again for the time you spent answering me sir :thank:

1) Elementalist adds any where from 3-5m dps (depending on gear). The survivability is exactly the same as Inquisitor except for one major part. Inquisitor is ailment immune, Elementalist is not. You can make elementalist ailment immune by using the Golems but them you give up damage and you might as well stay with Inquisitor.

The good news though is that the ailments are not a huge bother to our build. Just get freeze immunity on one flask and you should be good to go. You won't need to do any crazy dodging. I can mostly stand still in T16 Ultimatums and stay alive easily.

6) Attacks are treated differently from spells in POE. You can read more here
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Attack

7) You are very welcome. Please post any other questions you have.
Hi dudes, is this build doable with Armagedon brand and a few gem swaps or it's a bad idea ?
"
Cactusmaan wrote:
Hi dudes, is this build doable with Armagedon brand and a few gem swaps or it's a bad idea ?

Hey,

I think that mana cost will be much higher and dmg will be lower.

You are always welcome to try though ^^
I was considering the brand for having more mobility but yeah i think damage output will be lower too. The build looks nice but i'm not fan of staying static to do the damage.
"
Cactusmaan wrote:
I was considering the brand for having more mobility but yeah i think damage output will be lower too. The build looks nice but i'm not fan of staying static to do the damage.

It is definitely a play style you have to get used to.

Watching your ES bounce up and down like a yo-yo on crack can be nervous in the beginning but once you realize it takes a combination of a MOUNTAIN of damage and poor RNG (no block a few times in a row) before you will see your life pool move, you will begin to feel at ease just planting your feet and saying "lets dance!"

The only suggestion I have is to avoid the "ruin" types in Ultimatums. Those were the only ones I failed on (not died, just failed) because I could not see them in the screen mess of Ultimatums. Once I stopped picking those, I haven't failed an Ultimatum since (days of play).

The build is mostly susceptible to DOT. Since DOT does not "hit" we can't block it. Once we stop blocking, our build stops functioning.

Well i have played this build quite alot now and have transformed it to a CI version of the build.

However, it's damage is lacking and it's defence is too poor anyway for hard endgame content. The mintour can and will one shot the build with ease and has done to me plenty of times. Trying to complete the Maven's 4 way Shaper challenge is near to impossible.

This build is not a bosser or a mapper. It is some weird "tanky mapper" that will still die to the hard endgame content anyway.

This is where i got up to and my dps could maybe only increase via coward chains, corrupted chestplate for gem levels and awakened gems.

My POB for reference: https://pastebin.com/4AtWF5Sw

Therefore this is my 2 cents and the peak of the build so far.

I play in a party duo so the other person is using two curses which is why my build has none, their curses were temp chains and flammability.
"
Reflexes18 wrote:
Well i have played this build quite alot now and have transformed it to a CI version of the build.

However, it's damage is lacking and it's defence is too poor anyway for hard endgame content. The mintour can and will one shot the build with ease and has done to me plenty of times. Trying to complete the Maven's 4 way Shaper challenge is near to impossible.

This build is not a bosser or a mapper. It is some weird "tanky mapper" that will still die to the hard endgame content anyway.

This is where i got up to and my dps could maybe only increase via coward chains, corrupted chestplate for gem levels and awakened gems.

My POB for reference: https://pastebin.com/4AtWF5Sw

Therefore this is my 2 cents and the peak of the build so far.

I play in a party duo so the other person is using two curses which is why my build has none, their curses were temp chains and flammability.

Just to be clear, for others reading who may want to play this build, you are not really following the design of the build much at all, it is no wonder you are having problems in end game.

Here are some general observations from your POB:

* Your damage is way too low for end game. You are missing the three key damage pieces of Pain Attunement, Wave of Conviction and Combustion. All three of those add significant DPS to the build.

* You are using Wise Oak flask but your fire resistance is not your uncapped highest, which renders the flask useless for the build offensively. For this league Cinderswallow is far stronger than Wise Oak in general even if your Wise Oak was working correctly, which it isn't.

* Your build is CI but you are using a life flask. Life flasks do not work with CI/Zealot Oaths builds. Between this and the Wise Oak, you are missing out on 40% of the flask pool. If you need the bleed immunity you have on the life flask, you can easily replace it with something that will help the build.

* Your life pool is very low with a CI of only 6.7k, it is no wonder you are getting one shot. The build as designed gets us to over 8k life pool easily with large defensive layers that you are missing. Specifically you are missing an incredibly core piece of the defense in not having fortify. It is arguably the single most powerful defensive layer in the entire game. All the Golems combined can't come close to the power of Fortify.

* Also, Bastion of Elements is fabulous in Ultimatums. Losing that layer of defense for the Golems is not worth it IMO. You are giving up a ton of damage and some defense by using the Golems. Al you really are gaining from the Golems is elemental immunity. While that is very good, it is not worth what you are giving up imo.

I am a very poor player in general but I can tell you I completed all the end game content with ease last league following the build guide and I believe I will be able to do it again this league. Just need to keep grinding :)

I even killed Sirus and Mastermind today deathless and I still have a lot of improvements to make to the build to get to where I was last league.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on May 17, 2021, 3:42:09 AM
Hi, thank you for posting this build. I switched over from the blade blast inquisitor and I have found this way better. I had a question about the +1 to level socketed Skin of the Loyal. I have been having problems finding one and was wondering if the +2 to level of socketed AOE gems is a good substitute. It helps with Incinerate but not the support gems. POB seems to think this is better but I am not sure.

Thanks!
"
Supersparks wrote:
Hi, thank you for posting this build. I switched over from the blade blast inquisitor and I have found this way better. I had a question about the +1 to level socketed Skin of the Loyal. I have been having problems finding one and was wondering if the +2 to level of socketed AOE gems is a good substitute. It helps with Incinerate but not the support gems. POB seems to think this is better but I am not sure.

Thanks!

hello!

The +1 to socketed gems is really hard to find this league for our colors. There are very few that go on sale and they can be at huge cost.

The second best damage implicit is the one you mentioned (+2 to socketed AOE gems), so if you can get that, it will add a nice level of DPS to your incinerate.

There are also a few defensive implicit's that helps us as well in case you see any that are paired with +2 to level of socketed AOE.
"
"
Supersparks wrote:

Thanks!

hello!

The +1 to socketed gems is really hard to find this league for our colors. There are very few that go on sale and they can be at huge cost.

The second best damage implicit is the one you mentioned (+2 to socketed AOE gems), so if you can get that, it will add a nice level of DPS to your incinerate.

There are also a few defensive implicit's that helps us as well in case you see any that are paired with +2 to level of socketed AOE.

Thanks that is helpful, I did find one with +2 level of socketed AOE gems and 4% reduced fire dmg taken. However, it had 5 blue and 1 red. I am having mana issues replacing red inspiration with blue concentrated effect so trying to figure out how to fix that issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info