Developer Interview - Skyler - Gameplay Programmer

Good luck, man.

As you've probably already learned, approaching Path of Exile from a gamer's perspective won't always be compatible with GGG's current business realities and priorities.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Best of luck Skyler!

Also, does anyone know whats the name of the the Helmet the character in the banner is using on this Developer Interview?

edit

By the looks of it, it's a combination of Gothic Helmet + Glowing Red Eyes + something that covers the face, might be wrong though, could anyone confirm this?
Last edited by Xerdie on May 18, 2020, 9:13:55 AM
nice to be a part of it ♥
Wer von seinem Tag nicht zwei Drittel für sich selbst hat, ist ein Sklave
so from that interview, we can clearly see, bugs gets fixed, and new ones will be coming to be fixed again.

so a cycle of satan, in which the community has sunken into.

instead why not make a new engine or repair your current one, or repair/fix your audio-mechanics in game, because a game with fps issues is not a game to be played.
"
ebeninami wrote:
so from that interview, we can clearly see, bugs gets fixed, and new ones will be coming to be fixed again.

instead why not make a new engine or repair your current one, or repair/fix your audio-mechanics in game, because a game with fps issues is not a game to be played.

You clearly have no idea about software developemnt. ~5% of the code of ALL applications are buggy and this is unavoidable as long as you keep adding features. Making a new engine will take years with GGGs current available man power.

Also saying things like "I'll fix and create new bugs" is an old dev joke to state that you can increase your job security ;)

"
SnuK87 wrote:
"
ebeninami wrote:

You clearly have no idea about software developemnt. ~5% of the code of ALL applications are buggy and this is unavoidable as long as you keep adding features. Making a new engine will take years with GGGs current available man power.

Also saying things like "I'll fix and create new bugs" is an old dev joke to state that you can increase your job security ;)

And you've clearly never programmed in the 80s, when being a programmer was the end of the line, the peak of your career and it was great. You were bound to produce a WORKING code, with documented lines.

These days being a programmer is just climbing up the ladder, hoping one day you'll make team manager, then corporate and so on. What you didn't finish gets passed on to the next person who has no idea what you have done or at least not 100%.

As dreadful every other game in this game genre is, meaning it's not as deep and complex as PoE, having your FPS locked at 120 or whatever you have it set on is so refreshing and satisfying.

The design and mechanics of this game are currently carrying it sooooooo hard, that if it was a bit more casual, nobody would put up with its performance issues, crappy engine and endless ridiculous bugs.

And while the community was not vocal for the first few years, I'm glad more and more players are opening their mouths, after spending 3k $ just so they can get 40fps on average.
Last edited by xecutable1 on May 18, 2020, 1:30:14 PM
go UTE!
Thanks for a great interview ;).
"
Hamallainen wrote:
"
...and breathe life back into truly ethical forms of gameplay.

Oh boy! Glacial Hammer is back on the menu. Finally! :)

I'm ready
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Xerdie wrote:
Best of luck Skyler!

Also, does anyone know whats the name of the the Helmet the character in the banner is using on this Developer Interview?

edit

By the looks of it, it's a combination of Gothic Helmet + Glowing Red Eyes + something that covers the face, might be wrong though, could anyone confirm this?

I think you mostly nailed it; I think the face is covered by the Pitch Black Bandana.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info