Developer Interview - Skyler - Gameplay Programmer

Why is no one talking about "I'm working on an older skill category which hasn’t seen major changes in quite a while."

I'm new so I wouldn't know, but let the speculation commence!
Next league please.
Mirror of Kalandra?
So happy about Skyler! Im sure you'll become a great Kiwi!!!! : What a cool story.... :D
"
Why is no one talking about "I'm working on an older skill category which hasn’t seen major changes in quite a while."

I'd say Totems. Spells, Melee and Ranged all have seem some changes in the past leagues, Mines were overhauled from the ground up. Totems I think last were touched 3.5 (?) and even then it was just changing Flame Totem to Holy Flame Totem mostly IIRC. That or traps - I think it is even longer that anything happened for traps than for totems - besides numerical changes and nerfs.
"
while my general programming was quite strong and I immediately knew how to solve the problem, my C++ was very weak (I’d been heavily using Unity and C# in the last few years). I was certain I had bombed the interview when Jonathan said “Well… your C++ clearly needs a lot of work.”

Man, the way programmers talk about programming languages just scares me. :/

^I say this as a non-programmer.
Last edited by Exile009 on May 18, 2020, 3:04:33 AM
"
Serdoa wrote:
"

I'd say Totems. Spells, Melee and Ranged all have seem some changes in the past leagues, Mines were overhauled from the ground up. Totems I think last were touched 3.5 (?) and even then it was just changing Flame Totem to Holy Flame Totem mostly IIRC. That or traps - I think it is even longer that anything happened for traps than for totems - besides numerical changes and nerfs.

Looks like this or maybe Warcries. Would love to see something new here.

Ethical play? (This is a nerf.) ? Maybe a better way to weed out the deluge of price-fixing bots and spammers that make league trade oh so rewarding :/
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
...and breathe life back into truly ethical forms of gameplay.

Oh boy! Glacial Hammer is back on the menu. Finally! :)
Please make these as video interviews <3
Nice interview, coding the saviour isn't easy I assume.

Happy to see GGG has players working on their game.
Bad Seed
"
Hamallainen wrote:
"
...and breathe life back into truly ethical forms of gameplay.

Oh boy! Glacial Hammer is back on the menu. Finally! :)

Maybe it will get 6% more damage?

Interesting interview though. Looking forward to the skill revamp.
The Ignored One
Last edited by Dragonaur on May 18, 2020, 5:54:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info