[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

Would Necro/Inquis Scion be better?

Also did you look into Duskdawn instead of Pledge?

Also Crown of the Inward Eye seems like a no-brainer, no?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on May 21, 2020, 4:49:20 AM
You have # of corpeses consumed recently set at 20 which greatly boasted the dps.

i think with bone offering and desecrate the most corpses you can consume at anytime is 5.

I actually tested this build with my lvl98 nec. it is a bit difficult to play tbh, the clear speed is pretty weak compared to other storm brand necro build with trigger on skill wand due to cyclone. i haven't tested enough content to see if i can be one shotted in mapping / sirius so i cannot comment on the surviability.

due to the inferior mapping speed i go back to my original storm brand necromancer build.

also i think for medium cluster jewels, look for holy conquest + seeker rune if you already have 4 brands limit. these boost the most dps + clearing speed due to increase movement speed and brand activation as well as damage boost.

chip away and brand loyalty contribute least dps.

4 brands are optimal for single target or aoe clearing speed.

also if you have more currency to invest, look for megalomanic with confident combatant + other brand/lightning/mana nodes.

my storm brand build on nec with wand and shield is virtually unkillable except in elemental reflect, and kills wave 18-20 simulacrum boss in 3 seconds. here is my pob if any of you are interested in https://pastebin.com/aERb7DrK
Last edited by zDonFrank on May 21, 2020, 3:47:56 AM
"
also i think for medium cluster jewels, look for holy conquest + seeker rune if you already have 4 brands limit. these boost the most dps + clearing speed due to increase movement speed and brand activation as well as damage boost.

also if you have more currency to invest, look for megalomanic with confident combatant + other brand/lightning/mana nodes./quote]

The storm brand build is new for me, you could be specific with the cluter jewels pls? I would like to improve the mapping speed
TVM!
Last edited by GreenZ0mbie on May 21, 2020, 10:26:48 AM
"
zDonFrank wrote:
You have # of corpeses consumed recently set at 20 which greatly boasted the dps.

i think with bone offering and desecrate the most corpses you can consume at anytime is 5.

I actually tested this build with my lvl98 nec. it is a bit difficult to play tbh, the clear speed is pretty weak compared to other storm brand necro build with trigger on skill wand due to cyclone. i haven't tested enough content to see if i can be one shotted in mapping / sirius so i cannot comment on the surviability.

due to the inferior mapping speed i go back to my original storm brand necromancer build.

also if you have more currency to invest, look for megalomanic with confident combatant + other brand/lightning/mana nodes.

my storm brand build on nec with wand and shield is virtually unkillable except in elemental reflect, and kills wave 18-20 simulacrum boss in 3 seconds. here is my pob if any of you are interested in https://pastebin.com/aERb7DrK

I popped your build into PoB fork trying to gain some knowledge! First off, Seeker runes are terrible for damage. Chip away is the largest DPS increase a jewel can have, followed by loyalty. Remember, brand recall does not count as a brand skill so they are giving 25% faster cast at all but the beginning of the map. The movement speed of holy conquest doesn't work for me due to using The Stampede. This was likely the cause of your 'feeling slow' during clears. Especially considering the DPS on staff is more than double sword/shield. [7 link due to scaling Greater Spell Echo mana multiplier].

I do like the the pathing you chose to get a second Large Cluster and may play around with it.

Make sure to use PoB fork. I think PoB is leading you to some false conclusion on cluster viability.
"
livejamie wrote:
Would Necro/Inquis Scion be better?

Also did you look into Duskdawn instead of Pledge?

Also Crown of the Inward Eye seems like a no-brainer, no?

Crown is 'good' if not using the Stampede (I annoint crusader which is the damage from crown). You still lose quite a few defensive stats, and good luck finding an enchanted crown.

I checked out duskdawn (hadn't seen it before). It is a crit based staff and COULD work in a different version of the build. However, losing greater spell echos multiplier in conjunction with archmage would take quite a few fevered minds to make up for.
Is blood rage really worth the life degen? Does it help movement speed at all with stampede?
Last edited by Wutsabi on May 21, 2020, 11:37:42 AM
"
Wutsabi wrote:
Is blood rage really worth the life degen? Does it help movement speed at all with stampede?

It gives frenzy charges and more damage is always nice. I did not make assumptions on everyone using Stampede. Lastly, our regen is far too high to be concerned with the blood rage degen.
"
zDonFrank wrote:

The internal cooldown for CwC is 0.35sec. Presumably you're 3-linking to CwC with Desecrate, Bone Offering, and Conductivity. "Recently" refers to the last 4 seconds per wiki. So you can, at best, have 15 corpses consumed recently.

Unless you have Awakened CwC. Then you're a baller and you can have 20 corpses consumed every 4 seconds.

Also if you're using regular POB then you need to fudge the numbers for Pledge of Hands as the internally linked Level 30 Greater Spell Echo is not calculated at all in POB. The only thing that Pledge of Hands will provide is mana and spell damage according to POB. You need to fudge the numbers by linking level 1 empower, level 16 Hypothermia, and adjusting Archmage gem quality to get to the correct mana cost of Storm Brand. As f1rstborn says, the Greater Spell Echo Lvl. 30 basically doubles your DPS when calculated correctly.

---
On your POB: you tick off Always at Full Energy Shield and also Leeching Energy Shield. Leeching creates an instance per hit that can stack, once you reach full recovery (life or energy shield) the instance is removed. Therefore if you are at full energy shield you will not benefit from leeching. Assuming you're popping flasks and vaal RF with 3 frenzy charges, then the DPS is pretty close to OP's.

Love the Unnatural Instinct placement. Great way to squeeze in extra stats since its along your travel path anyway.

On a plus note, you can swap out Runesmith with Spiritual Aid on your amulet and just get it via skill tree, you can save a passive point and still be up on DPS! With the extra passive point you can get to Arcane Swiftness to max out your attack block and stack another 1.7m dps to boot.

I like your build, the shield is pretty nice survival QOL. Scaling via Crown of the Inward Eye is legit, nice build. The Unnatural Instinct is expensive though, I wonder if plopping in a Militant Faith and converting the Pain Attunment node to the Agnostic and then grabbing Zealot's Oath would make you even more tanky?
Just switched to this build, as summoner league was done.

With all gems at level 1, i've done a T8 build with delirium active really easily.

A couple of suggestion:
Use recall actively but i lose brand and needs to re-cast Storm Brand every 15 sec. Am I doing something wrong?
Apart from leveling gems and getting a clarity Watchers Eye, what's the first item i should upgrade?

Spoiler

Thanks for the build dude!
Last edited by EuroPOE on May 21, 2020, 6:06:24 PM
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
zDonFrank wrote:

I popped your build into PoB fork trying to gain some knowledge! First off, Seeker runes are terrible for damage. Chip away is the largest DPS increase a jewel can have, followed by loyalty. Remember, brand recall does not count as a brand skill so they are giving 25% faster cast at all but the beginning of the map. The movement speed of holy conquest doesn't work for me due to using The Stampede. This was likely the cause of your 'feeling slow' during clears. Especially considering the DPS on staff is more than double sword/shield. [7 link due to scaling Greater Spell Echo mana multiplier].

I do like the the pathing you chose to get a second Large Cluster and may play around with it.

Make sure to use PoB fork. I think PoB is leading you to some false conclusion on cluster viability.

thanks, yes i was using the old pob. just installed pob fork and will be checking which are most effective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info