[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

"
cooldudep wrote:

Yo this build is baller as hell. You're right I can't go back to playing any other styles now, it's too good.

THAT RING. My god the beauty. 3.13 goals include making that ring...but with life. I'm glad you enjoy the build! Gotta press it up for 3.13 since nothing changed for us!
^^ Right?? I wish I could have gotten life on it too.
The pre-league hype jitter is strong within me damn damn dammmmmnn
since necro got their increased max % mana striped off glutton, is it still worthwile going necro instead of something else?
"
iSiarra wrote:
since necro got their increased max % mana striped off glutton, is it still worthwile going necro instead of something else?
The headline makes it seem that this build got significantly buffed in 3.13, or am I missing something here?

Anyway I picked up this build because it seems really cool. If someone has the time and knowledge to do a thorough comparison on what happened to this build exactly and how well it is on par with other similar builds, it would be greatly appreciated for a noob like me.

At this point it does seem nothing really changed, but I'm sure the viability of other similar builds did.
Last edited by Karvapallol on Jan 18, 2021, 5:30:34 AM
"
iSiarra wrote:

The 20% loss was a slight nerf, but the point in using the ascendancy is for the mana regen offered by glutton; in addition to the shock, chill and offerings.
Build is still really good this season, the mana nerf was eh but the build still feels pretty good. Can't find a really good good eo sceptre, and yet to craft a good one even with harvest. So 2points that could be more life or mana is kinda wasted atm but, very still zoomy, much damage, fast clears, ded bosses. I feel like it's kinda slow/safe playstyle until you get that clarity mod on watchers eye and then yo it's like heaven.
Hey F1rstborn, great looking build! I've been having trouble trying out Brands for the first time this league, and this guide helped shed some light on what I'm doing wrong (like not being Necro).

If you've got a moment I've got a question about brand mechanics. In your video you're running around or bossing w.o the brands expiring, how is that? I keep having to recast my brand every 3-4 seconds to even keep 2 running let alone the 4 you have up for a while. I feel like there's some core mechanic that I'm totally miss-playing.

Thanks!
Might mess around with this a bit this league due to it looking like it will be fairly nice for drawn out boss fights (maven arena's for instance).

Have some experience with similar atypically as archmage necro build the past few leagues (bladefall/blast back in heist, and in the brief bit I played at the end of heist) and reliably cleared 99% of content on it (ele reflect is a pain, but even did atziri on it just so I could say I had).

Going without the essence worm let me get more hp (and prioritised life more than quite as much mana) meant I managed to get ~4k (4.5 in harvest) and still have 8-9k mana (10k in harvest) combined with 50% MoM, life on block and offering was a monster in terms of tank.

Probably not going to get a chance to work on this build for a while (finishing current builds first to endgame usability) but will look into it later probably.
"
3lio wrote:
Hey F1rstborn, great looking build! I've been having trouble trying out Brands for the first time this league, and this guide helped shed some light on what I'm doing wrong (like not being Necro).

If you've got a moment I've got a question about brand mechanics. In your video you're running around or bossing w.o the brands expiring, how is that? I keep having to recast my brand every 3-4 seconds to even keep 2 running let alone the 4 you have up for a while. I feel like there's some core mechanic that I'm totally miss-playing.

Thanks!

If you are watching the 3.12 videos you will see that I have to cast fairly frequently. The playstyle of permanent brand uptime died after delirium sadly. This is why I use the Remarkable node on medium clusters to cast two at a time and spend even more time dodging (100% delirious maps, tend to be rude about standing still).
"
cooldudep wrote:
Build is still really good this season, the mana nerf was eh but the build still feels pretty good. Can't find a really good good eo sceptre, and yet to craft a good one even with harvest. So 2points that could be more life or mana is kinda wasted atm but, very still zoomy, much damage, fast clears, ded bosses. I feel like it's kinda slow/safe playstyle until you get that clarity mod on watchers eye and then yo it's like heaven.

This league I started out on the block version thinking the bosses would be much more than they were. I used a shield/wand instead of the special base sceptre. I didn't think those 2 skill points would be a big deal...but they are. Will certainty look towards crafting one should I min/max this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info