[3.13] Storm Brand Necro. Retired no longer. All content viable and Whiskey Proof™

"
lect84 wrote:
"
"
lect84 wrote:
Brands don't snapshot so just swap to a CwC linked brand, spin to cast, then swap back for the linked damage. Replace Conductivity for Brand Recall so you can drag your brands around while you map. Don't see much reason to have Conductivity while mapping since AM/SB hits so hard anyway. Stop every few packs and swap/spin. Swap Conductivity back in for bosses (or don't, it's 12% dps so it's not the end of the world). Put fortify on your CwC stick so that you can maintain fortify when recasting brands.

Archmage cannot support triggered spells, so unless I'm completely misunderstanding your suggestion, it's not a viable one.

(Or I'm missing your sarcasm.)

One weapon is your archmage linked one, your swap weapon is just your cwc linked one. Storm Brand must be in the same spot on both weapons. When you swap brands you have casted won't disappear. Since storm brand does not snapshot, once you switch to your main weapon the gem won't be trigger linked and archmage will support it. Archmage support doesn't stipulate about Mana spent, just Mana cost of the spell (unlike arcane cloak).

This seems like an interesting idea I'd like to try out as the end of the league is upon us. I am not the best at this kind of build theory so I wanted to inquire what the links would look like in the weapons.
Last edited by ColeGrif on Jun 12, 2020, 7:21:40 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Honestly all that swapping sounds heinous to play and not at all worth it.

I do agree that slapping Fortify into the CwC setup and self casting the curse or triggering it another way is the way to go.

As speed isn't the name of the game in the next league I'm inclined to say it's not as awful as you make it sound. It's no longer a brain dead build for sure, but it's far from heinous. At least not as bad as physically stopping and casting brands manually. I can't imagine standing still to be a good option in any meaningful boss encounter.
"
ColeGrif wrote:
This seems like an interesting idea I'd like to try out as the end of the league is upon us. I am not the best at this kind of build theory so I wanted to inquire what the links would look like in the weapons.

Just buy any 6 linked weapon with at least 2 blue sockets. Place Storm Brand in the exact same socket position as your main weapon (if you're running PoH then I assume you have 6 blue sockets, just place Storm Brand in the same corresponding position as your swap weapon socket). Check out my secondary weapon if you want to look, I already messed with it earlier this week and didn't bother fully linking, just went as far as verifying the snapshot and weapon swap effects.
"
Fevered Mind has been reworked, and is now limited to one

RIP Archmage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2873295
Last edited by Nulledout on Jun 15, 2020, 7:49:18 PM
Was fun for a league, looking forward to whatever you do in the future.
livejamie
“Fevered Mind has been reworked, and is now limited to one.”

Guess the nerf is pretty hard on this build. Waiting for full patch note.
"
xenodc wrote:

Ya that was rough. Cyclone nerf hurts this build too. Welp boys! On to the next.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
Ya that was rough. Cyclone nerf hurts this build too. Welp boys! On to the next.

But doesn't the build have 500% mana stun threshold? So in theory The stun shouldn't happen much?

So this means you see it as no longer viable? Also not with like the new arcanist brand ?

(to clarify: You don't see this build as viable anymore, or brands in general?)

Thank you!
Last edited by Care_Less on Jun 17, 2020, 6:57:29 PM
The Fevered Mind nerf will result in over 75% dps loss by itself. That on top of Archmage nerf, on top of Brand Recall nerf, on top of the Brand mechanic nerf = they killed brand play, gave it CPR, killed it again, then beat the corpse with a stick.

Arcanist Brand might be interesting to play from a mechanics standpoint, but Archmage supported Brand skills are dead.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
xenodc wrote:

Changed my mind. We've returned ladies and gentlemen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info