Getting Started with Heraldry Guardian under 30ex

@bex_HB ... (on fitting in Haste)

There are a lot of ways to skin it; you just need to play around. I have a Chayula for the chaos and stun immune so I used 2 x "pure" small clusters and dropped Clarity and Precision by a couple levels - Haste fits fine on mana. I have 53 mana left I think, but that feels fine with 220 regen.

@notgud...

Thanks so much for this. Overall, I really like the basic build. You can get 10M+ at 90 going to 15M with the last medium. 5500 ES with ~1100 regen is fine. It's not invulnerable so you actually have to play, but I like that. It's still pretty darn tanky, and about as fast as my BV Assassin. (Once I went to tailwind on boots.)
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 24, 2020, 4:46:50 PM
An explanation on how to get more -mana reserved and start to replace heraldry nodes with endbringer ones would be nice as planning in pob is weird and I do not fully understand how the mechanics work. Thanks for the build btw really didn't thought I was going to afford playing this but your guide helped a bunch and I'm having a lot of fun
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
notgud wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Okay, at the moment with 5k ES i do not understand exactly, how this build is to be considered special tanky or something, also died on wave 16 by normal mobs ...

90 res light / fire / cold, flasks up, the basic jewels in place, but oneshot by cosis in wave 17 simulacrum.

So i guess i have to get beyond 6K ES until this starts to feel more like the "tanky, immortal" build everyone talks about? Or what is the trick ? :(

The baseline of the build will feel good to play, but it certainly is not the immortal one-shotting monster that everyone hypes up herald stacking to be. You will be able to tank and survive many things, but do not expect to be able to facetank everything. Getting more ES will greatly improve your survivability.

One thing to note is that kosis deals a lot of chaos damage, as well as there being waves in simulacrum that grant mobs %phys as extra chaos damage along with %chaos penetration, and chaos damage is the glaring weakness of this build until you get some chaos resistance on your gear/jewels. So, expect to play carefully when you see kosis or have a simulacrum wave spawn with the above mentioned mods.

Ok, i see :)

I ended up doing Kosis etc. on higher waves with my 88% chaos res golemancer, worked fine.

On this build meanwhile i pumped everything up, also i managed to get the last herald ( fire ) into the gem setup - with some rare jewels now at 5900 ES, so like 1k more, also dps upped well.

So i will see, time to go from 91 to 95 now for some more points and some more 8% ES jewels, this should end up at 6300 ES with 2 more.

Kind of sad i can not run Haste but i do not see how, i have just 84life and 145 mana unreserved left.

Just a little "mad" now realizing i do not have the enchantment for %ES on my amu at my crafting bench - i guess this would push me already over 6K ES at this point.

Question :
what is the point having the "-reservation" of herald of ice on the helmet when we have it connected with blood magic?
Okay ... less life reserved i guess, but this means basically we need to have "haste" connected to blood magic as well, right? ( assuming the goal of this enchant is primarily of beeing able to use haste on top of all other stuff - for me only haste now is not active, everything else fits well ).

Assuming you are using alpha's howl, rare amulet anointed with the champion of the cause notable, you will come out to 52% reduced mana reserved. This is not enough to reserve 3 50% auras (wrath, hatred, zealotry) from prism guardian along with 1 herald, 1 purity (ice) and 1 50% aura (haste) on blood magic, even with a lvl 21 blood magic support. That is why I have indicated to use a 2 passive small cluster jewel with the relevant notable Pure Guile, Pure Aptitude and Pure Might to reduce the mana reservation of whatever purity you're reserving on life. With this notable, you will be able to activate all the auras. You should definitely have haste activated by level 90, it's one of the auras that make the build feel great as it's effectively a permanent quicksilver flask with the buffed up movement speed boost.

The purity reservation/50% aura reservation enchant for the helmet is a future upgrade to allow you to remove the 2 passive small cluster for purity reservation. This will save you 2 passive points as well as free up the jewel socket that it was taking up.

This build can handle kosis fine, because you will usually only eat 2 or 3 attacks before you shred him with vaal haste. You dont need overcapped chaos resistance, just make sure that it is somewhat positive, and that you dont overzealously face-tank his abilities, especially on a wave with really bad mods. But yeah, it's easy to get complacent and end up limit testing too hard when you're this tanky.
"
GreyLensman wrote:
@bex_HB ... (on fitting in Haste)

There are a lot of ways to skin it; you just need to play around. I have a Chayula for the chaos and stun immune so I used 2 x "pure" small clusters and dropped Clarity and Precision by a couple levels - Haste fits fine on mana. I have 53 mana left I think, but that feels fine with 220 regen.

@notgud...

Thanks so much for this. Overall, I really like the basic build. You can get 10M+ at 90 going to 15M with the last medium. 5500 ES with ~1100 regen is fine. It's not invulnerable so you actually have to play, but I like that. It's still pretty darn tanky, and about as fast as my BV Assassin. (Once I went to tailwind on boots.)

Great that you're enjoying this build. The baseline is meant to feel somewhat complete, but with each upgrade you make, you reach closer to the nigh-unkillable dps machine that people hype herald stacking up to be. I stopped playing once my character had about 10k ES and capped chaos res, and the only thing I couldn't tank was sirus storms and uber elder shaper balls, since 75% chaos res isn't enough for those.
"
Tether23 wrote:
An explanation on how to get more -mana reserved and start to replace heraldry nodes with endbringer ones would be nice as planning in pob is weird and I do not fully understand how the mechanics work. Thanks for the build btw really didn't thought I was going to afford playing this but your guide helped a bunch and I'm having a lot of fun

I'll see what I can do about adding a mana reservation section in.
misclick
Last edited by notgud on May 25, 2020, 12:02:09 AM
Delete
Last edited by raychin1 on May 25, 2020, 2:55:52 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
notgud wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:
Okay, at the moment with 5k ES i do not understand exactly, how this build is to be considered special tanky or something, also died on wave 16 by normal mobs ...

90 res light / fire / cold, flasks up, the basic jewels in place, but oneshot by cosis in wave 17 simulacrum.

So i guess i have to get beyond 6K ES until this starts to feel more like the "tanky, immortal" build everyone talks about? Or what is the trick ? :(

The baseline of the build will feel good to play, but it certainly is not the immortal one-shotting monster that everyone hypes up herald stacking to be. You will be able to tank and survive many things, but do not expect to be able to facetank everything. Getting more ES will greatly improve your survivability.

One thing to note is that kosis deals a lot of chaos damage, as well as there being waves in simulacrum that grant mobs %phys as extra chaos damage along with %chaos penetration, and chaos damage is the glaring weakness of this build until you get some chaos resistance on your gear/jewels. So, expect to play carefully when you see kosis or have a simulacrum wave spawn with the above mentioned mods.

Ok, i see :)

I ended up doing Kosis etc. on higher waves with my 88% chaos res golemancer, worked fine.

On this build meanwhile i pumped everything up, also i managed to get the last herald ( fire ) into the gem setup - with some rare jewels now at 5900 ES, so like 1k more, also dps upped well.

So i will see, time to go from 91 to 95 now for some more points and some more 8% ES jewels, this should end up at 6300 ES with 2 more.

Kind of sad i can not run Haste but i do not see how, i have just 84life and 145 mana unreserved left.

Just a little "mad" now realizing i do not have the enchantment for %ES on my amu at my crafting bench - i guess this would push me already over 6K ES at this point.

Question :
what is the point having the "-reservation" of herald of ice on the helmet when we have it connected with blood magic?
Okay ... less life reserved i guess, but this means basically we need to have "haste" connected to blood magic as well, right? ( assuming the goal of this enchant is primarily of beeing able to use haste on top of all other stuff - for me only haste now is not active, everything else fits well ).

I am able to fit in all auras, check my pob. Included a 1% mana reserved jewel

https://pastebin.com/TCY0yRpH

Ignore my current gears, changed to MF for fun
Last edited by raychin1 on May 25, 2020, 2:56:29 AM
"
raychin1 wrote:

I am able to fit in all auras, check my pob. Included a 1% mana reserved jewel

https://pastebin.com/TCY0yRpH

Ignore my current gears, changed to MF for fun

Thank you, i see you have a -4% reserved node near "influence" on top of the "-1%" mana reserve jool, and the -20% mana reservation for purity of ice on the helmet.

Well, yes, i guess in that combo haste can be fit in well ...
damn i really seem to need to enchant as well and maybe this -4%, as i´d like to see how it works with haste...
]
Haste is a massive damage boost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info