[3.11] Devon's Muggle Bearbarian - Gruthkul's Pelt Cyclone | All content viable | 3M+ DPS

Quick question about 'Soul Tether', should I wait to equip it until I get some life leach from the large cluster jewel?
"
Skua99 wrote:
Quick question about 'Soul Tether', should I wait to equip it until I get some life leach from the large cluster jewel?

You need life leech for it to work, so yes, first get some life leech.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

Thank you very much for the quick reply. But this leads me into my next question. I am doing this build on a limited budget and after purchasing all the equipment I need, I am fairly broke. This means that I will need to craft my own cluster jewels and will be limited to using Alterations, Augmentations, and Regals. Bottom line is that for my large cluster, I can have two passive skills and not three.

I am fairly certain that 'Drive the Destruction' is mandatory, but what should I use for the second passive ('Deep Cuts', 'Martial Prowess', or something else)?

Also great job on the build, it is a lot of fun :)

--------Edit

Found this one for 20c, seems like a good compromise over crafting two passaves :)

Last edited by Skua99 on May 20, 2020, 12:57:46 AM
Would it work to put one more point into Mortal Conviction and use that to run Pride? (I know this violates the theme of the build, so feel free to pm me the answer if you don't want it on the forums).
"
Mezamete wrote:
Would it work to put one more point into Mortal Conviction and use that to run Pride? (I know this violates the theme of the build, so feel free to pm me the answer if you don't want it on the forums).

You will have to change your chestpiece as well then, since Gruthkul's Pelt disables all spells and their damage. But yes, you could if you want to.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

Thank you very much for the quick reply. But this leads me into my next question. I am doing this build on a limited budget and after purchasing all the equipment I need, I am fairly broke. This means that I will need to craft my own cluster jewels and will be limited to using Alterations, Augmentations, and Regals. Bottom line is that for my large cluster, I can have two passive skills and not three.

I am fairly certain that 'Drive the Destruction' is mandatory, but what should I use for the second passive ('Deep Cuts', 'Martial Prowess', or something else)?

Also great job on the build, it is a lot of fun :)

--------Edit

Found this one for 20c, seems like a good compromise over crafting two passaves :)

Glad you found a decent compromise, that's a great budget cluster jewel. And thank you for the kind words :D
Ok I have now reached maps (very easy leveling) and had a fun time doing it :)

But I don't usually play a melee build and have zero experience using Warcrys, which leads to a couple of questions.

I understand that 'Enduring Cry' is what I hit when needing a little healing, but not sure what to do with 'Rallying Cry'. I try and keep it up as much as possible (the timer says it lasts around 25 seconds). But when I look at the cyclone tool tip the damage increase only sticks around for a few seconds.

Is 'Rallying Cry' something I want to refresh as soon as the cool down expires? Also, do I want to make sure there are a lot of enemies around when I pop it?

One last thing, can someone take a quick look and see if I have done something wrong and what I should be looking at upgrading next? I know that I need to work in more life on my items and do some six linking. I am working on 6-linking another Gruthkuls as money permits and will then go on to the Starforge. And of course I will be also upgrading my jewels as money permits.

Last edited by Skua99 on May 20, 2020, 6:23:49 PM
"
Skua99 wrote:
I understand that 'Enduring Cry' is what I hit when needing a little healing, but not sure what to do with 'Rallying Cry'. I try and keep it up as much as possible (the timer says it lasts around 25 seconds). But when I look at the cyclone tool tip the damage increase only sticks around for a few seconds.

Is 'Rallying Cry' something I want to refresh as soon as the cool down expires? Also, do I want to make sure there are a lot of enemies around when I pop it?

Both Enduring Cry and Rallying Cry will heal you with the berserker ascendancy. So you can use either if you want healing (and if you completed the labyrinths). Enduring cry you want to be using consistently as the charges wont last that long and rallying you want to have the buff active at all time. It will be something like 25-30 seconds so when you see it's close to expiring just click it. When there's a lot of monsters ideally. If there are no monsters feel free to cast it without them because of mob mentality you still get a pretty nice number.
If you're a lazy fuck like me and don't care about anything just keep spamming them both one after another KEKW

"
Skua99 wrote:
One last thing, can someone take a quick look and see if I have done something wrong and what I should be looking at upgrading next? I know that I need to work in more life on my items and do some six linking. I am working on 6-linking another Gruthkuls as money permits and will then go on to the Starforge. And of course I will be also upgrading my jewels as money permits.

Get a better Helmet. Just go into poe trade and search for the enchant "Cyclone damage" a bunch of helmets will pop out (really cheap). Find the best base (and the higher item level the better) that suits you and then craft it yourself, ideally with essences or alch/chaos spam.
Last edited by devon752 on May 21, 2020, 3:05:33 AM
"
devon752 wrote:

Get a better Helmet. Just go into poe trade and search for the enchant "Cyclone damage" a bunch of helmets will pop out (really cheap). Find the best base (and the higher item level the better) that suits you and then craft it yourself, ideally with essences or alch/chaos spam.

Thanks for the advice, got this on my first try :)

The cool thing is that now I have enough resistances to use this ring that I have sitting waiting for me to hit 80

Thanks again for you guide and all the detailed help :)
"
devon752 wrote:
Both Enduring Cry and Rallying Cry will heal you with the berserker ascendancy. So you can use either if you want healing (and if you completed the labyrinths). Enduring cry you want to be using consistently as the charges wont last that long and rallying you want to have the buff active at all time. It will be something like 25-30 seconds so when you see it's close to expiring just click it. When there's a lot of monsters ideally. If there are no monsters feel free to cast it without them because of mob mentality you still get a pretty nice number.
If you're a lazy fuck like me and don't care about anything just keep spamming them both one after another KEKW

I have been following you advice and toggling between the Enduring and Rand Rallying cry every couple of seconds and it seems to be working well (also drinking two flasks in between). But I am still trying to figure out what each one is giving me.

First are the common stuff which my ascendancy gives me:
Rage
Life Regen
Damage
APS

But here is what is unique between the two

Enduring Cry:
3 endurance charges (10 Sec)
Life Regen (3 Sec)

Rallying Cry
Increased Damage (3 Sec) increases with the amount of enemies around me
Taunt (30 Sec)
Mana Regen (30 Sec) Does not do us any good

Unless I am missing something it looks like the best plan (which also seems to match your advice) is to try and use Enduring Cry as much as possible with a splattering of Rallying Cry as long and enemies are around. All Rallying Cry seems to give us is some short term damage increase and a long term taunt. I would really like to know if there is some long term advantage to Rallying Cry beside Taunt.

Bottom line is that I am also too lazy to deal with it, so in practicality it does seem best just to toggle between the two.

Thanks again for the great build :)

Last edited by Skua99 on May 22, 2020, 2:56:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info