[3.10] 1700+ Delve Impale Cyclone Champion: 30M DPS / 7800+ Life / 78/81/77 res

Is there a recipe to that foil?
Or its just metacraft?
"
kuplumosk2 wrote:
Is there a recipe to that foil?
Or its just metacraft?

I mirrored a copy, but the attack speed mod is an essence mod. I'm guessing someone was super lucky with an essence, but most likely beasts, exalts and/or annul orbs were involved.
I trying out this build.. only get around 5.9k hp. Die quite often in 1 hit..
"
Hex0z wrote:

Well, you know the drill. Spec more life in passive tree, or get more life in gear. Fortify effect helps a lot, too.
"
Hex0z wrote:

You're playing:

- a Slayer not a Champion ascendancy
- You have an entirely different passive tree setup

Effectively, you're playing an entirely different build with some similar concepts.
Thanks for the interesting build! Never really delved deep and had it as my stretch goal for this league, but didn't want to go zhp.

I do have two questions:

1. Did you pick Purity of Ice for a specific reason or could it just as well be fire/lightning? (Fire seems synergistic due to higher innate max res)
Edit: Is there a damage type you feel is more prevalent in Delve?

2. Does the purity + conversion actually help you (since you're not using taste of hate anymore)? From what I know Damage taken as X is applied before mitigation.

E.g. you take a 1000 damage physical hit -> 10% of that is converted into cold.

You now have a 900 damage physical hit which is mitigated by your 88% physical damage reduction: 108 final phys damage.

You also take a 100 cold damage hit, which is mitigated by your 81% cold resistance: 19 final cold damage.

Total final damage: 127

Whereas with a 1000 physical hit, mitigated by 88% physical damage reduction: 120 final damage.

Edit2: Obviously the purity by itself definitely does help raising max res.However, might a watcher's eye with purity of elements +chaos res do better (even while losing a few % max elemental res)
Last edited by Bryserker on May 13, 2020, 2:55:14 AM
"
Bryserker wrote:
Thanks for the interesting build! Never really delved deep and had it as my stretch goal for this league, but didn't want to go zhp.

Glad you enjoy it!

"
Bryserker wrote:

1. Did you pick Purity of Ice for a specific reason or could it just as well be fire/lightning? (Fire seems synergistic due to higher innate max res)
Edit: Is there a damage type you feel is more prevalent in Delve?

I feel cold damage is most prevalent in Delve, especially in Azurite nodes. Gotta love exploding Wetas. Fire would most likely be better for anything else, since you can cap that resistance higher due to the passive tree. If you don't have shock immunity, lightning is a good option too.

"
Bryserker wrote:

2. Does the purity + conversion actually help you (since you're not using taste of hate anymore)? From what I know Damage taken as X is applied before mitigation.

I occasionally use Taste of Hate, switching it to replace Quicksilver. It's true that Purity of Ice doesn't help much with small hits, but due to the way armor works physical damage mitigation for large hits is significantly smaller.

"
Bryserker wrote:

Edit2: Obviously the purity by itself definitely does help raising max res.However, might a watcher's eye with purity of elements +chaos res do better (even while losing a few % max elemental res)

Chaos damage is only a problem for me in Delve, and even with +50% chaos resistance it tends to kill me instantly at deep depths. Mechanical avoidance - leap slamming over caustic ground zombies - has proven to be the only solid way of survival, sadly.

Just transition to build but already it seems very good. Thank you you for the build guide.
Last edited by Sonyswarm on Jun 3, 2020, 9:18:32 AM
"
Sonyswarm wrote:
Just transition to build but already it seems very good. Thank you you for the build guide.

Glad you like it :)
Last edited by Noemj on Jun 9, 2020, 2:23:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info