(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I think there should be a message when someone enters your zone if you are going to have a sound for it. I like the idea of getting a message when someone enters, especially if the difficulty of the monsters is now going up because of them.

Huh, that's a good point. While i'd prefer no warning msg, how could there not be one if it's affecting my monster difficulty?

Then again i suppose one might notice that the mobs are harder, and therefore there must be someone lurking around? Interesting either way.

"
NotSorry wrote:
Kind of worried about later on when people have lots of scrolls of town portal or the gem and just insta leaving when "a player has joined your game" if we could just get rid of that and keep the 2.5x screen map thing I think it would be better.

Interestingly though, TP scrolls might go up significantly in value in cutthroat league. You couldn't wastefully just spam a TP every time someone entered your instance, you'd be out of them in no time. Haha, who would have ever thought, TP scrolls having such value and cost/benefit decisions.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Does anyone disagree with the keeping gems on death idea? I was thinking at least just drop the support gems as that can be useful to all classes.
"
xpkzslayer wrote:
Does anyone disagree with the keeping gems on death idea? I was thinking at least just drop the support gems as that can be useful to all classes.

As they are quest rewards and incredibly difficult to find (the one you want, at least) otherwise, it's too debilitating to lose gems on death. While I can just buy another weapon or even go outside to the terraces and fist fight hobos for a glass shank to get me going, I can't just go find a warlord's mark gem whenever I want, even if I had like 3 hours to look.

While the name of the game is pain, I think it's a bit too far to steal your gems.
Ye, I think stealing Gems would go too far. Like they said, its not a HC league. Losing all your gems would be kinda close to just lose the char itself.

I really hope to get into the plesure of testing this league! It was one of the main reasones i got interested in PoE.
Zagharos - Nicest person in the World and Beta-Key giver.
"
"
Drudley wrote:

I think you're missing the point.

There should be zero warning, the only warning needed is the one you get when you create your character in the cut-throat league.

When you play you must be constantly aware of the possible danger instead of being completely at ease until you get an announcement of someone coming for you.

I'm sure there are people who want to play this league to gank others, to kill others, but prefer not being ganked or hunted themselves, these people should not get an easy way out of all attacks by getting a warning so they can just town portal out of there.

The fact that you are playing Cut-throat means you ARE constantly aware of the possible danger. And that danger is not 'being ganked', but 'being invaded'. The danger is not in the dying, not at first. The danger is in the violation of your instance.

And I'd bet most people who want to play this league to gank others, to kill others, will *not* be the ones running in the other direction when someone enters their turf. Pride goes both ways: in the offensive and the defensive. Those who are offensive know the best defence is a good offence, clichéd though it might be. For them, the horrible jarring sound and the flashing alert isn't an alarm, it's a call to arms. A threat to their territory.

...Sorry, which point was I missing?

The part where there is no danger in being invaded if you are warned and also the part where humans have a survival instinct and of course despise losing things more than they enjoy winning things. I have played enough open pvp games with full loot to know that people do what they can to avoid dying, if they are attacked and think they will lose, they will run rather than fight back.

If there was no substantial loss on death, then people might act as you are describing.
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.
"
Andy6000 wrote:
"
xpkzslayer wrote:
I can't just go find a warlord's mark gem

I did say support gems only.
Last edited by xpkzslayer on Apr 20, 2012, 8:31:32 AM
Oooh yeah this is going to be good.
"
unsane wrote:
"
Faerie_Storm wrote:
I think there should be a message when someone enters your zone if you are going to have a sound for it. I like the idea of getting a message when someone enters, especially if the difficulty of the monsters is now going up because of them.

Huh, that's a good point. While i'd prefer no warning msg, how could there not be one if it's affecting my monster difficulty?

Then again i suppose one might notice that the mobs are harder, and therefore there must be someone lurking around? Interesting either way.

"
NotSorry wrote:
Kind of worried about later on when people have lots of scrolls of town portal or the gem and just insta leaving when "a player has joined your game" if we could just get rid of that and keep the 2.5x screen map thing I think it would be better.

Interestingly though, TP scrolls might go up significantly in value in cutthroat league. You couldn't wastefully just spam a TP every time someone entered your instance, you'd be out of them in no time. Haha, who would have ever thought, TP scrolls having such value and cost/benefit decisions.

I hear there is a portal skill gem though. Never found one myself though ;)
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
Drudley wrote:

The part where there is no danger in being invaded if you are warned and also the part where humans have a survival instinct and of course despise losing things more than they enjoy winning things. I have played enough open pvp games with full loot to know that people do what they can to avoid dying, if they are attacked and think they will lose, they will run rather than fight back.

If there was no substantial loss on death, then people might act as you are describing.

No danger in being invaded if you are warned?

PLENTY of people were slain when they were invaded this time around, and they had plenty of warning.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 20, 2012, 11:33:56 AM
most valued gem in cut throat will be "phase run" I guess, lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info