[3.12] bOOgy's Kinetic Blast Wander (Assassin) - ZOOMING T16s on a budget

"
Schnoodlez wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I think i'll experiment!

I stated during one of your streams that I leveled up using kinetic bolt. During that time I also leveled Kinetic blast. Admittedly I have only been using LMP but I am now leveling GMP.

I have found KBlast to be superb for Delve and closed maps like Armory and Crystal Ore etc. I am preferring KBolt for Fields and canyon. PS is still the preferred single target. My question is, if I where to play only Kbolt, would htere be any tree adjustments? I can't really see any.

Finally, I like the immediacy of the damage dealt with these attack spells. I like DoT builds in general but it is nice to not have to wait for the DoT to finish off the mobs. Again, thanks for bringing this accessible build to the community.

As far as I understand the use of Kinetic Bolt, from a design perspective, it fills the gap for the beginning of the game where you dont have access to "Spellslinger" (north of Witch starting point) on the tree.
But since you are using PS, you would still keep it.

I looked at your character, and i would suggest this:

Since you are still using a regular 6-link for PS, you have 2 cheap options for better clear and you should at least try one:

a) 5 link inpulsa (that should be REALLY cheap right now with "jewellers touch" prophecy)

b) You could change Herald of Thunder + Onslaught for Herald of Ice + onslaught or innervate.

I'm pretty sure this will be much more fun to play, and you will forget about the Kinetic Bolt Vs Blast problem ;)

Also, instead of GMP, you could try Greater Volley for KB. Feels more concentrated that way. If you would want to min max, i would use GMP in outdoor maps, and Greater Volley for Indoor.
Last edited by boogywc on May 11, 2020, 12:02:20 PM
Now these are some interesting ideas. I'll play around with them. Thank you.
Is kinetic blast more of an end game skill? I'm only on A6 but it feels like power siphon is just overall better for clearing and bosses. First time running these skills so i'm a little confused.
"
TheCheesyJoke wrote:
Is kinetic blast more of an end game skill? I'm only on A6 but it feels like power siphon is just overall better for clearing and bosses. First time running these skills so i'm a little confused.

Hey. When leveling the build, you are lacking flat damage. That means X-Y damage to attacks (f.e.: 5-50 lightning dmg to attacks).

Thats why you want support skills like "lightning damage support" linked to kinetic blast and power siphon.
That is also the reason why you use

with kinetic blast later.

If you really are into Power Siphon, it is definitely viable.
But the idea in this build, is to clear with kinetic blast - and use Power Siphon for bosses.

Please try this:

1.: Kinetic Blast - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Added lightning damage support - Elemental Damage with Attacks Support

2.: Power Siphon - Elemental Damage with Attacks Support - Barrage Support - Added Lightning Damage support - Addded Cold Damage support - Energy Leech Support

3.: While leveling, until you have one of the Body Armours I mentioned in the guide, use Herald of Ice instead of Herald of Thunder.

I will added this into the original post later, because I can see that it is slightly unclear for new players.

Herald of Ice will make the clear of Kinetic Blast a lot stronger, and Power Siphon will be very focussed with Barrage Support for Single Targets. I think it will feel a lot better.

You can change Herald of Ice to Herald of Thunder when you have an Inpulsa body armour or an explosion chest as mentioned in the endgame gear section.

[EDIT]
I added a possible Poorman SkillGem-Setup in the original Guide post under "Leveling Skills" for Act 6+
Last edited by boogywc on May 14, 2020, 10:18:58 AM
Heya =) I've had a bit of a love affair with KB for years now and was looking for a faster mapper than Lacerate (amazing build otherwise), so when I saw your Youtube video I figured it would be worth a shot.

It's a hair glassy but that's to be expected. I've been enjoying it immensely and it plays exactly like I hoped it would. Maybe if I leave my pastebin you could critique my build a bit?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a few changes from your original version.

1: Swapped from your Spellslinger setup to curse gloves because the autocurse felt better for mapping, although your setup is probably better for bosses. I kept wave of conviction on my CWDT setup so I still get the exposure on bosses most of the time.

2: The spare mana reserved let me pop in a Flesh and Stone for some extra mitigation (only enabled by the shield)

3: I also had the spare resistance laying around so I went with a Thread of Hope so that I could swap out the pierce jewel for a Watcher's Eye (which in turn allows for Hatred).

4: Then because I had additional crit on the chest it allowed me to switch some points around to grab extra power charges and a jewel slot for onslaught on kill.

5: Cluster jewels are just so efficient this league that I wanted to use them a little bit more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all some of it feels like a side grade from your setup, but it did lead to some more tooltip dps and ended up making for very smooth and automatic play, which is my preferred style. Thanks so much for creating this build ^_^

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/jyr7wSyG

By the way. The character is only 88 in game, but I added a few levels to show where the points would end up going. Basically just some life nodes and Master of Force for the double damage chance. Any Feedback would be great! Thanks =)

Edit 1: I've just activated Herald of Thunder (purchased the Enlighten 4) and I'm noticing that my mana is a little low. It's not a huge issue but due to my rate of fire I notice every now and then I'll fire a regular wand shot rather than KB. It never happens with PS. Thinking about a possible solution now. May just drop the level on Precision, but losing hit rate is not good practice
Last edited by XArchemisX on May 15, 2020, 9:34:12 PM
"
XArchemisX wrote:
Heya =) I've had a bit of a love affair with KB for years now and was looking for a faster mapper than Lacerate (amazing build otherwise), so when I saw your Youtube video I figured it would be worth a shot.

It's a hair glassy but that's to be expected. I've been enjoying it immensely and it plays exactly like I hoped it would. Maybe if I leave my pastebin you could critique my build a bit?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've made a few changes from your original version.

1: Swapped from your Spellslinger setup to curse gloves because the autocurse felt better for mapping, although your setup is probably better for bosses. I kept wave of conviction on my CWDT setup so I still get the exposure on bosses most of the time.

2: The spare mana reserved let me pop in a Flesh and Stone for some extra mitigation (only enabled by the shield)

3: I also had the spare resistance laying around so I went with a Thread of Hope so that I could swap out the pierce jewel for a Watcher's Eye (which in turn allows for Hatred).

4: Then because I had additional crit on the chest it allowed me to switch some points around to grab extra power charges and a jewel slot for onslaught on kill.

5: Cluster jewels are just so efficient this league that I wanted to use them a little bit more.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all some of it feels like a side grade from your setup, but it did lead to some more tooltip dps and ended up making for very smooth and automatic play, which is my preferred style. Thanks so much for creating this build ^_^

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/jyr7wSyG

By the way. The character is only 88 in game, but I added a few levels to show where the points would end up going. Basically just some life nodes and Master of Force for the double damage chance. Any Feedback would be great! Thanks =)

Edit 1: I've just activated Herald of Thunder (purchased the Enlighten 4) and I'm noticing that my mana is a little low. It's not a huge issue but due to my rate of fire I notice every now and then I'll fire a regular wand shot rather than KB. It never happens with PS. Thinking about a possible solution now. May just drop the level on Precision, but losing hit rate is not good practice

Yep, I think you got it. Everything you point out in your 1.-5. makes total sense to me :D.
For a second i didnt see your frenzy charge generation, but then I saw it on the Amulet ;)
Except for the obvious higher stats on items, i think your stuff looks great. I would equip it the same way.
And your weapon is pretty neat and definitely better than the one im using :D Thats actually where a big chunk of our dmg difference comes from, i think.

I thought about incorporating wrath, but it felt like i would be losing consistency, as you already pointed out.

I also thought a lot about the usefulness of accuracy in this build. If you have trouble with mana, i would totally agree to drop a few level of Precision. For clearing it shouldnt matter at all. I just really hated it, if you setup a dmg window on a big boss, you pop flasks, and then half of your power siphon projectiles would fly by the boss ;D So i desperately tried to get at least the accuracy as high as possible to avoid that.
But if you dont have trouble against single target, i would agree on lower precision level. :)

Cool to see your build. Makes me happy to see that you changed some stuff to your liking but still use the concept of the build. <3
I love this build, it's very budget friendly and can get up and running very quickly. Leveling was also a breeze with spellslinger and appropriate wands.

Do you think this will survive mostly intact going into 3.11? I imagine the cluster jewels will be a bit harder to get if/when they go core. How might you change it up without the cluster jewels? Obviously, patch notes will matter the most here, but I'm just curious how you might envision this going forward.
Glad you enjoy it :)

This is not a "new" build, its pretty standard wander stuff and exists for ages. I only wrote this down, because i feel like new players are intimidated by a "Wander" (and to be fair, I didnt play a Wander for a long time myself).

There might be some tweaks to spellslinger since its rather new, but I don't see a reason why it would change drastically.

And you can find a generic skill tree in the guide on the first page without cluster jewels.
The only thing you have to take care of is mana leech, but that should not be a big issue.
Last edited by boogywc on May 29, 2020, 8:32:10 PM
Hey, great build btw.
One question, how do you get around scaling this build further, what is the upgrades to look for? Thanks.
If I wanted to improve my equipment posted in the original post, i would probably improve the weapon (description for better stats in the crafting section).
The boots could easily be improved with Tailwind.
The Amulet could be way stronger with crit multiplier.
And then maybe awakened support gems :)

That would probably keep you occupied for a few days ;)
Last edited by boogywc on Jun 7, 2020, 7:17:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info