T16 Horizon Orb Bug

Doesn't matter which t16 map I choose to use the Horizon Orb on. It will always be either Summit, Carcass or Promenade without fail. Which, when you're trying to get your last Awakener Objectives, is a real pain. FYI I used at least 60 orbs JUST to make sure it was a bug.

Uploaded an image of my atlas. I highlighted the 3 maps and I can't see any pattern at all or any reason why this would be the case. At first I thought it was Guardian related, but Malformation where Crusader (Red) currently is, is not appearing in the rotation. I was aiming for a T16 Gardens (very bottom right) because it's the only T16 I don't have the awakener objective for yet.

EDIT: Had a friend try the same with 20 orbs on one of their T16s - exact same result
EDIT: I have also since cleared all the guardians and Sirus, issue still persists.

Last edited by smittles on Apr 22, 2020, 6:24:47 PM
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2020, 9:55:54 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Now multiple threads with players encountering the same issue. Any hope of acknowledgement at least GGG? Since it has been verified and replicated multiple times?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2840773 - Lolermu
Last edited by smittles on Apr 19, 2020, 10:34:35 PM
[Removed]
Last edited by xtesterx on May 10, 2020, 2:25:44 PM
Still no acknowledgement of existence... awesome, so this bug will exist for god knows how many more days/weeks when it has already been player confirmed on multiple occasions.
I fully understand the unique circumstances we are all currently in, but as far as I was aware GGG were working at almost full capacity, at least within the online community (not necessarily new development etc.)
Last edited by smittles on Apr 20, 2020, 9:53:57 AM
[Removed]
Last edited by xtesterx on May 10, 2020, 2:25:47 PM
I wonder how many more Horizon Orbs need to be wasted before it even gets acknowledged as a bug, let alone actually fixed..
Happens to me with T14 as well.

Others bugs that may be related (or not ?)
* Map recipe coming from *lower* tier map seems to be bugged. Example : Got A8, no matter the combination, 3 same T13 map give the same T14. Map recipe with T14 seems ok though.
* Speaking of T13, map recipe with my T12 always give the same T13 (Waterways)
* While I was my completing my atlas, I dropped way too many T13 Waterways. For a long time, half of my T13 were Waterways while I had others T13 completed. I'm currently sitting on 18 T13 Waterways while a I have at best 5 stack of other T13. Never used the favorite system with tier < T14.
Last edited by Chavroux on Apr 21, 2020, 4:01:12 PM
So it has been over 3 days now and Horizon Orbs used on T16 maps are still only returning 1 of 3 maps, and this is still yet to be looked at by GGG?
Last edited by smittles on Apr 22, 2020, 6:16:52 PM
Hello there.
Not saying it works as intended, but i think i understand why the outcome is always restricted to some specific base types.
Basically, only the minimum atlas tier seems to be taken into consideration by the algorithm.
For example, using a horizon on a T16 will always give Carcass|Promenade|Summit as the outcome, because those are the only bases that "start" to exist as T16 on the atlas (well, Vaal Temple aswell, but it can't be generated because of the corrupted flag).
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
"
xhul wrote:
Hello there.

For example, using a horizon on a T16 will always give Carcass|Promenade|Summit as the outcome, because those are the only bases that "start" to exist as T16 on the atlas.

What do you mean by "start to exist"? No T16s exist until you place Watchstones in the atlas surely?

Or do you mean Carcass/Summit/Promenade are the only maps which are "new" in tier 16, and do not appear as lower tier versions?
Last edited by smittles on Apr 23, 2020, 9:49:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info