[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
Absolutely amazing build, loving it. Smoothest build I've ever played so far from level 12 on to mapping.

Melting away T16 bosses like a regular mob nearly.

Still, I am constantly looking for improvements, could anyone please point out what I can do to improve? Just read about Ghost Reaver and it gave a nice boost to survivability.

Here some points you could improve:

Use Blessed Orb to max all implicts.
Change Mana Flask, you want the enduring mod.
Upgrade MS Flask to double MS one.
Quality you Flasks, belt, amu and rings.
Also Ring craft is useless, is there sth better available?
Upgrade boots to get the Mana regen enchant (either buy or run Lab).
Get a better roll on Crown, mby when you are buying a new one, also get the Wave of Conviction -res enchant. Can be saved for later though.
Drop Ghost Reaver and get large Cluster setup, you could drop the 2 nodes at Scion start to save points. Depending on what Arcanist Domination gives you, you can save 2 more points there for now.
Get Watchers Eye with Clarity (Mana regen or as I prefer MOM).

Thank you very much. I will definately look into altering the cluster jewel setup. Will do the quality improvements on the jewelery and flasks. The Enchants from Lab are up next. Will run some labs today.

As for the large cluster jewel, I cant find any with your setup. Which two major nodes are most important of the 3?

Thank you
Having a blast playing this build. Clearing speed with the adjustments of no witness and phase run is phenomenal. Having a hard time staying alive in longer fights though and with one-shots.

Currently sitting on 2.5k life, 2.4k ES, and 5.5k mana. I'm pretty sure it'll be easier once I get the "trigger socketed spell" enchant but unveiled equipment has been hard to come by. I'm getting by with CWDT + bone offering but I'm pretty sure it's not even comparable to when you have the enchant.

Anyone have advice for progression? I'd like to be able to clear simulacrum though that might be a stretch given how I'm low on currency. (i tried a test run with my current setup and got to wave 17 but used all my portals.)

Gear wise, I know that getting a 6L cloak of defiance is going to help me in the DPS department + the aforementioned enchant for survivability. Skill tree is a mess. Going to reallocate a lot of things once I get the enchant but I'm considering dropping Arcane will and the quick recovery notable (thaumaturgical protection) to fill out another cluster jewel for now.
Anyone mind looking at my profile to give me an upgrade path?
"

As for the large cluster jewel, I cant find any with your setup. Which two major nodes are most important of the 3?

You want one with:

Adds 8 Passive Skills
Added Small Passive Skills grant: 12% increased Lightning Damage
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is Scintillating Idea
2 Added Passive Skills are Jewel Sockets

It needs to have any 3rd skill (we dont use it, but without it we have to spend several points more).

Tip: Before you buy it, copy the item and add it in PoB to check if it works.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 24, 2020, 5:51:09 AM
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"

You want one with:

Adds 8 Passive Skills

It needs to have any 3rd skill (we dont use it, but without it we have to spend several points more).

Awesome, thank you so much for your help :)
"
Ceclies wrote:

Currently sitting on 2.5k life, 2.4k ES, and 5.5k mana. I'm pretty sure it'll be easier once I get the "trigger socketed spell" enchant but unveiled equipment has been hard to come by. I'm getting by with CWDT + bone offering but I'm pretty sure it's not even comparable to when you have the enchant.

The enchantment is really core and even better when we use phase run. So definitely work on that. In your cwdt taken setup you can still use desecrate (can't you? Not sure about that).

- Look for helm with 21%, its around 30c
- Look for 6L Cloak, maybe 2 ex? You could buy a bad rolled-one and divine it
- Make your Mana Flask enduring
- Use Blessed Orbs to get max implicits, not a big boost but also very low investment
- I guess you want to 20% your arcane surge? Because it should be in sync with the mana cost of brand recall to trigger on every cast. With a level 6 brand recall this would mean level 13 arcane surge.
- Get a better Atziri's. Don't worry about the implicit mana reg, you can change that with blessed orbs. Try to get 24% mana and as much explicit manareg as possible.
- I would say, that your gear overall could use improvements. Look for a good belt (high life roll like leather belt with 90+ explicit life --> resists --> mana), ring (resists --> mana/life) and use catalysts (belt -> life/mana, ring -> resists). A good abyssal would be better of course, but will also be much more expensive.
- don't link flame dash to inc duration. No benefit but mana cost goes up.

"
Ex0rt_ wrote:

Drop Ghost Reaver and get large Cluster setup, you could drop the 2 nodes at Scion start to save points. Depending on what Arcanist Domination gives you, you can save 2 more points there for now.

I tried a few Glorious Vanities but its really hard to get a good one. The dream would be with one of the 2 block nodes (spell/attack) and small nodes with 4%life or 1% block, but meh. I had one with 0.2 lightning damage leech but I didn't feel it made a huge impact. But I also already have the LCJ.

With some small improvements I'm at 3000 life, 3000 es and 6000 mana now. With a few levels life will probably go up to around 3200 and mana to 6500. I would still like more life though.
Last edited by Influx on Apr 24, 2020, 6:16:41 AM
"
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"

You want one with:

Adds 8 Passive Skills

Awesome, thank you so much for your help :)

Be sure to get one that looks exactly like this:

Adds 8 Passive Skills
1 Added Passive Skill is Doryani's Lesson / Scintillating Idea
1 Added Passive Skill is Scintillating Idea / Doryani's Lesson
1 Added Passive Skill is XXX

Don't buy one that has the third skill in the first or second slot. It needs to be in the third slot. It doesn't matter what skill it is.
"
Influx wrote:

Adds 8 Passive Skills

Don't buy one that has the third skill in the first or second slot. It needs to be in the third slot. It doesn't matter what skill it is.

My wasted one is the 2nd of the 3 and it work fine.
On mine, they go clockwise from the starting point, which would mean the 2nd is always the wasted.
Who can provide other examples?
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 24, 2020, 6:33:03 AM
"
Ex0rt_ wrote:
"
Influx wrote:

Adds 8 Passive Skills

My wasted one is the 2nd of the 3 and it work fine.
On mine, they go clockwise from the starting point, which would mean the 2nd is always the wasted.
Who can provide other examples?

I had a quick test on PoB and it seems to be more complex. I tried different skills as the third skill in the first two slots and the result were different. Maybe the skills have some kind of priority list? For example: If I put Corrosive Elements in the first slot Doryanis Lesson moves to the unwanted spot. With Inspired Oppression it works fine.
I tested with a couple of jewels with copying into PoB first and it saved me some major headache. I had two with Paralysis in the 2nd slot. The first one didn't work since Paralysis was the first node to the left. Second one, where the order of the skills on the jewel was the same had a different order (the one we want for the build).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info