[3.10] Cry Havoc "Lag Proof" Warcry Berserker (Tanky | High DPS | All Content Viable)

A quick question can i use belly of the beast for chestpiece? or am i giving up to much
"
Khrysis_513 wrote:
A quick question can i use belly of the beast for chestpiece? or am i giving up to much

It's a good place to start, but in endgame you'll feel you are giving up too much as you can have much stronger offensive or defensive options from rares.
Hey mate having a blast playing this build. That being said anything u would change in my gear set up / tree? Still feel a little squishy here and there when it comes to boss fights and dps doesn't seem to anywhere close to yours
"
bandito91 wrote:
Hey mate having a blast playing this build. That being said anything u would change in my gear set up / tree? Still feel a little squishy here and there when it comes to boss fights and dps doesn't seem to anywhere close to yours

Alright so looking at your character I see a lot of little things that are adding up.

For damage I'd move the Pulverize to a white socket, and drop Fortify for Melee Physical Damage. Switch Pulverize out and Close Combat in for single target stuff or whenever you're planning to do high end content this will help a lot on the dps front.

If you still feel you're struggling you could drop protector for Rallying Cry although it is a bit more micromanagement.

Beyond that it's mostly about transitioning into better versions of your items such as an amulet with enough attributes and damage (phys or crit) an influenced chest with crit on it etc.

In terms of feeling squishy I see 4 big things:

1) You're missing life on your jewelry between both rings and amulet you should have another 200 flat life before increases from the tree.

2) Because you're using the berserk effect helmet rather than the reduced rage helmet you're more vulnerable to getting blown up in berserk's downtime, make sure to use Dread Banner during these times for fortify effect or consider "increased effect of fortify while focussed" as a suffix on your chest.

3) Your flasks are missing any defense against shock and it's very easy to get shocked and killed by delirium content. I'd drop Rotgut, and probably sell Cinderswallow so you have a budget for upgrades. Keep in mind Cinderswallow is minimally effective offensively as you are not igniting anything with your cyclone, and minimally effectively defensively due to the life recovery from on hit/warcry taking care of things. Rotgut is just bad. This would allow you to run something like a Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for movement speed (which you need w/o tailwind/elusive boots) and a Silver (damage) or Basalt/Jade/Quartz (defensive) flask of Grounding so you no longer get shocked to death.

4) This one is a bit harder, but you don't yet have Divine Flesh. You're 6 points away and may not have the chaos res to hit 85%. This is what I'd spend money on...it's pretty difficult to pick up Divine Flesh at 91 so for now I'd just be careful as you will be a little squishier but by 93-95 it should be doable moving points from elsewhere. Divine Flesh makes you significantly more resistant to elemental and chaos damage and can also help with physical damage if you got "physical damage from hits taken as chaos" on your helmet or chest.
"
Alright so looking at your character I see a lot of little things that are adding up.

For damage I'd move the Pulverize to a white socket, and drop Fortify for Melee Physical Damage. Switch Pulverize out and Close Combat in for single target stuff or whenever you're planning to do high end content this will help a lot on the dps front.

If you still feel you're struggling you could drop protector for Rallying Cry although it is a bit more micromanagement.

Beyond that it's mostly about transitioning into better versions of your items such as an amulet with enough attributes and damage (phys or crit) an influenced chest with crit on it etc.

In terms of feeling squishy I see 4 big things:

1) You're missing life on your jewelry between both rings and amulet you should have another 200 flat life before increases from the tree.

2) Because you're using the berserk effect helmet rather than the reduced rage helmet you're more vulnerable to getting blown up in berserk's downtime, make sure to use Dread Banner during these times for fortify effect or consider "increased effect of fortify while focussed" as a suffix on your chest.

3) Your flasks are missing any defense against shock and it's very easy to get shocked and killed by delirium content. I'd drop Rotgut, and probably sell Cinderswallow so you have a budget for upgrades. Keep in mind Cinderswallow is minimally effective offensively as you are not igniting anything with your cyclone, and minimally effectively defensively due to the life recovery from on hit/warcry taking care of things. Rotgut is just bad. This would allow you to run something like a Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline for movement speed (which you need w/o tailwind/elusive boots) and a Silver (damage) or Basalt/Jade/Quartz (defensive) flask of Grounding so you no longer get shocked to death.

4) This one is a bit harder, but you don't yet have Divine Flesh. You're 6 points away and may not have the chaos res to hit 85%. This is what I'd spend money on...it's pretty difficult to pick up Divine Flesh at 91 so for now I'd just be careful as you will be a little squishier but by 93-95 it should be doable moving points from elsewhere. Divine Flesh makes you significantly more resistant to elemental and chaos damage and can also help with physical damage if you got "physical damage from hits taken as chaos" on your helmet or chest.

Thanks! Will get to working on those things! Been loving this builds mix of survivability and offense. Actually transitioned from a two handed crit cyclone build to this and this feels a lot more balanced.
"Lag Proof"

Game: *simply Lags*
"
bandito91 wrote:

Thanks! Will get to working on those things! Been loving this builds mix of survivability and offense. Actually transitioned from a two handed crit cyclone build to this and this feels a lot more balanced.

No problem, and I agree my main issue with a lot of berserker builds tend to swing too far to damage and ignore defense which looks really good in PoB, feels pretty bad to play.

"
bvanharjr wrote:
"Lag Proof"

Game: *simply Lags*

Of course, the game will lag anyway. This build is about surviving the lag.
Last edited by Tenkiei on May 13, 2020, 6:14:08 PM
Really fun build, thanks for posting the guide. Love all the damage mitigation going on which caught my attention over some of the other builds that are being used. I changed up my tree a little bit to take less life but get more damage and it seems to be working great. I don't have nearly the life you do in the PoB but the damage trade off seems to be working well so far (my damage is about 30 mil shaper dps).

Here's an A8 Sirus I just did with it.
Last edited by YT_HB on May 17, 2020, 10:25:37 PM
"
YT_HB wrote:
Really fun build, thanks for posting the guide. Love all the damage mitigation going on which caught my attention over some of the other builds that are being used. I changed up my tree a little bit to take less life but get more damage and it seems to be working great. I don't have nearly the life you do in the PoB but the damage trade off seems to be working well so far (my damage is about 30 mil shaper dps).

Nice clean kill.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build, and honestly this highlights one of the things I love about Path of Exile it's OK to change builds up a bit, drop life for damage or drop damage for defenses and adjust it. I'd say as long as it feels good with your setup keep it that way. Do you happen to have a PoB for your current character?
"
Tenkiei wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:

Nice clean kill.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build, and honestly this highlights one of the things I love about Path of Exile it's OK to change builds up a bit, drop life for damage or drop damage for defenses and adjust it. I'd say as long as it feels good with your setup keep it that way. Do you happen to have a PoB for your current character?

PM Sent.
Last edited by YT_HB on May 18, 2020, 12:01:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info