[3.10] Winter Orb Occultist 1m DPS. Highest DPS without HH or Herald of Braindead!

"
Yes agreed on the shocking effect but it was checked in POB so I just wanted to mention that.

That said the shock would still apply about 5% though as the ailment threshold for these bosses are not their full HP - apparently according to some sources on reddit ~25M.

Regarding Conc effect Im not sure if all AOE created by the reduced projectile AOE actually hit the target. I will have to check that.

Conc effect is bad on winter orb. It actually reduces your single target cause you want to shotgun. Use something else instead of conc effect.

Shock with this build is not happening on endgame bosses with winter orb.

"
Lycan Naryko wrote:
"
Yes agreed on the shocking effect but it was checked in POB so I just wanted to mention that.

That said the shock would still apply about 5% though as the ailment threshold for these bosses are not their full HP - apparently according to some sources on reddit ~25M.

Regarding Conc effect Im not sure if all AOE created by the reduced projectile AOE actually hit the target. I will have to check that.

Conc effect is bad on winter orb. It actually reduces your single target cause you want to shotgun. Use something else instead of conc effect.

Shock with this build is not happening on endgame bosses with winter orb.

I disagree on the conc effect cause the shotgunning effect doesn't affect your splash radius which makes them not overlap more often. There are many theories about how it actually works and I have to test it myself on actual bosses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ajixlz/winter_orb_mechanics_discussionexperience/
Last edited by Nightmare130 on May 15, 2020, 8:31:24 PM
I tested it multiple times and conc effect gets worse the smaller the target gets. On targets like kitava conc effect is the best but on smaller targets it gets outperformed by any other support gem (that actually does something for worb)

On shaper it is extremely noticeable if you use conc effect or not.

Test it yourself - it is worse on smaller targets.

I played worb every league since its introduction and conc effect always felt bad on smaller bosses.
Is it possible to get 2-3 miilion dps at the sacrifice of some surviability
I finish this build, done all content,improve as possible (without awakened gems)
And i say it's nice build - not laggy, clear speed good, not expensive, good survival.

Check my profile.
Hi, the only defense i see is just ES. Or are there other layers of defence i don't get?
"
Is it possible to get 2-3 miilion dps at the sacrifice of some surviability

I doubt you gonna hit 2-3million dps, maybe when you totally ignore your defence and then I don't see any point doing that cause you will end up dying all the time. You got consistent damage with Worb instead of other high dps melee/casting skills.

"
wraith797 wrote:
I finish this build, done all content,improve as possible (without awakened gems) And i say it's nice build - not laggy, clear speed good, not expensive, good survival. Check my profile.

Glad you like it :)

"
VanGhul wrote:
Hi, the only defense i see is just ES. Or are there other layers of defence i don't get?

Well, we got enough ES to survive any hit and more important we got enough sources of ES regen and ES leech to refill it pretty fast and consistent. Moreover Worb is a range skill which auto target the enemies so you can focus on dodging stuff and almost never stand still, on the top we always chill and freeze enemies. Also we got Immortal Call, some block and phys reduction here and there, not much but still.

Last edited by Nightmare130 on May 19, 2020, 3:55:59 AM
The build looks great! Do you think it is a good league starter (assuming there will be no nerfs)?
"
Teufelskerl wrote:
The build looks great! Do you think it is a good league starter (assuming there will be no nerfs)?

It's definitely a good league starter, Occultist alone will carry you until red maps. I am also a kind of tryhard so I do not even start with life and just go the painful way lvling with CI tree, but that's up to you.
Hi there, Is there any leveling guide you recommended for this type of build. I look at the build at i feel like the build will fit my playstyle and wanna try it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info