Which skills are area skills?

That is: which skills are affected by the area of effect increase passive stuff?

-Robin
"
rlpowell wrote:
That is: which skills are affected by the area of effect increase passive stuff?

-Robin

The ones with areas?

note that only Auras are affected by increased by Increased Radius. All the rest, afaik, is AOE, therefore, your answer is kind of self-explanitory.
OK, let me explain in more detail.

In the passive tree, there are the following relevant skills:

- Area Of Effect Radius: 4% increased Radius of Area Skills

- Amplify: 10% increased Radius of Area Skills, 10% increased Area Damage

- Blast Radius: 10% increased Radius of Area Skills

- Aura Area of Effect: 6% increase Radius of Auras

Now, obviously that last is specific to Auras, but since the others *don't* say anything about Auras, I'm assuming they effect other skills.

You said they effect "The ones with areas?", but I don't know which those are. That was the whole question, in fact.

I mean, Shock Nova presumably has an area (does the increase increase the "center of the ring" area too?), but does Firestorm, or is Firestorm based on the projectiles? How can I tell which it is?

Are Auras affected by, say, Blast Radius? How can I tell?

-Robin
Your over-thinking it. It increases the Area of Effect of skills

Only possible exception to this rule is poison arrow, becuase the cloud tends to be real picky about what buffs it takes from the user.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Apr 17, 2012, 2:59:10 AM
(Yes, I'm sure I'm over thinking it :)

Wait, so Ice Spear has an *area*? In what sense?

-Robin
"
rlpowell wrote:
(Yes, I'm sure I'm over thinking it :)

Wait, so Ice Spear has an *area*? In what sense?

-Robin

Actually, Ice spear is the ONE gem I have actually never seen. I assume it has an area in the sense that it has an impact-projectile area, but I am relatively sure it does not say something like "Deals damage to enemies around target" etc.

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

You will notice how all of the above mention an "Area" either around the user, or around the target. Most if not all skills will tell you the area. In terms of lignt arrow, increeased aoe will increase the aoe of the area in which the lightning will bounce. Afaik
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Oh, neat, I didn't know you could do that.

Anyways, only one of those three actually uses the word "area", which is why I'm confused; given the phrasing on the passive skills I expected "Area Skills" to be a clearly defined category, rather than "read the description and kind of guess whether there's some kind of area involved".

FWIW, here's some less clear gems:

Spark:
Unavailable

Ice Spear:
Unavailable

Shock Nova:
Unavailable
(especially whether the *inner* ring is affected)

Ground Slam:
Unavailable

I very much appreciate the help. It just doesn't seem as simple to me as it apparently does to you. :)

-Robin
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Spark sends off, well, sparks, balls of ligntning that shock whatever they end up hitting.

Ice spear can PIERCE enemies, meaning hit one, go through said enemy, hit the one behind that one.

Shock nova is like frost nova, but the enemies within the inner ring receive no damage. Think eye of the storm = calm.

Ground Slam is a cone iirc, infront of you. Though I am not sure on this one, never used ti before.
Yeah I do think there needs to be some more in-game explanation on this point; some of these are basically guesswork. I think making the various attributes/categories/tags on a skill public somewhere would be helpful. If it would clutter up tooltips too much (I've no idea if that's the case), then at least on the website skill list or ideally some kind of in-game encyclopedia.
It would be good if it was possible to see all modifiers applying to any given skill you're using, and what exactly those modifiers are.

i.e. show modifiers from passives, as well as from support gems and gear.

Granted this would be a lot of information, but it would remove any and all guess work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info