[3.13 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Lacerate Zerker - DPS Machine on a Budget - Project Builds

Hello everyone! My name is Bergerbrush and this build is a part of my "Project Builds" where I try to make a viable Build out of every ascendancy in the game that can get you from zero to hero. My plan is that you should be able to start this Build with no investment or as a League Starter and work your way up to Red Maps on an extreme budget. Invest as you play along and be able to clear up to Red Maps including bosses and later with heavier investment be able to clear mostly all endgame content.

If you have any questions regarding the Build or suggestions feel free to contact me in my Twitch Stream as I am a Fulltime Streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/bergerbrush

Pros and Cons

+ Decent Map Clearing
+ Strong Single Target DPS
+ Big Life Pool with decent Investment
+ Cheap to Build Early
+ League Start Viable
+ Destroy Endgame Content!

- Cannot do any Physical Reflect Map
- Not extremely Tanky
- Berserker Playstyle can be Hard

3.13 Ritual League Updates & PoB's

Spoiler

Update #1 - BERSERKER MEGA BUFFED! We gained 10 more Rage and got more Critical Strike Chance from Blitz as well!

This means that both the Lacerate and Cyclone version of this build has gotten about 10% more Damage.

Also adding "Chains of Emancipation" belt to build for huge QoL Rage generation and complete curse immunity.

Lategame Lacerate PoB: https://pastebin.com/3Jx5fpcG 9m+ DPS

Lategame Cyclone PoB: https://pastebin.com/qZmmFTuH 8m+ DPS

What is Project Builds?

Spoiler

Project Builds is a Project I made where I try to make a decent Build out of every Ascendancy in the game that is playable for anyone at any given point in the league to where you can build your character out of nothing and work your way through all the content in the game.

I will try to make different Leveling Guides for every Character in the game and then the Build Guides such as this one takes of from us Killing Act 10 Kitava. Where you can start mapping with ease in White Maps and work your way up to Early Red Maps. Then I will continue to guide you with upgrading your character to finish the whole Atlas and then progressively work your way towards finishing nearly all Content in Path of Exile.

It needs to be said though that some Ascendancies perform better than others. And most of the time it completely depends on your current investments. For example this Build is the "Berserker" ascendancy. And Berserkers generally have an extremely high DPS at the expense of defenses. Our Ascendancy choices does not give us any form of defenses at all but only gives us an extreme damage advantage.

I also do my best to stay away from the classic Meta skills as much as I can. Therefor you will not be seeing "Cyclone Skill" for every single character but may still see them sometimes.

Information about the Build

Spoiler

What can you expect?

This build is a lot of fun to Map with and you get through map clearing pretty easily since Lacerate is a pretty decent Map Clearing Skill. On the "Phase 1" part of the build I managed to do up to Tier 11 Maps including bosses really easily. I didn't have extremely good defenses and I sometimes had to rely on my Life Flask a lot as we don't really have extremely high life leech either.

But the Build utilizes EXTREMELY CHEAP ITEMS and still gets massive amounts of DPS early and it was very fun and easy to smash through Maps and Breachstones as soon as I killed Kitava at 66 I just started doing Uul Netol Breachstones and was destroying Uul Netol in seconds.

"Phase 1" should get you through T1-T12 maps atleast. You need to invest a little bit into some very Cheap Uniques and a bit of filler gear to start the base of your character and then you will progressively work your way through white, yellow and red maps as your character and your skill gems level up.

"Phase 2" we take all the currency we generated and start investing more into the character to increase its overall defensives and single target DPS and start working up towards Tier 16 maps.

"Phase 3" Even more currency generated we start working at the min-max part version of the Build and we push our character so we can start doing all endgame content.

What kind of playstyle is this?

The playstyle for a Bersker of this kind and this build overall is pretty active. You have to Leap Slam a lot and try your best to avoid incoming damage, as Berserkers don't really have any defenses. And Berserkers have a Ramp-Up mechanic with Blitz and especially Rage stacks. And then we also need to use Berserk as an offensive/defensive mechanic as Berserk adds a CRAZY AMOUNT OF DPS for us and also a bit of lowered damage taken.

Why Crown of the Inward Eye?

Crown of the Inward actually gives a decent amount of DPS and defenses and life. It's not too bad of a helmet, but obviously there are many other great helmets you can use and especially for Phase 3 if you want more damage or want a special Enchant.

Showcasing & Videos

Leveling Guide

Spoiler

video about how to level melee characters and general information about leveling in poe, and some info here as well (that works with every Project Builds guide)

Phase 1 - Act 10 Kitava to Early Red Maps

Spoiler

Congratulations! You made it past Act 10 Kitava and are now ready for the Endgame in Path of Exile. Make sure to watch these videos below if you do not know how to prepare for the Endgame or where to start!

Here is a Video to help you Prepare for Mapping after Defeating Act 10 Kitava!

And Here is a Quick Video regarding the new Atlas Skill Tree's

Bandits Quest in Act 2

Spoiler

Your 2 options in the "Deal with the Bandits" quest in Act 2.

Either KILL ALL Bandits and recieve 2 Skill Points from Eramir

This is good because we can utalize 2 More Skill Points in our Skill Tree for more damage or life, or other good Skill Nodes.

And your second choice is..

SAVE ALLIRA Saving Alira and Killing the other 2 Bandits will give us a hidden buff from Alira that gives 5 Mana Regenerated per second & +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier & +15% to all Elemental Resistances

This is also good because for League Starts it can be really good to get some extra Resistances as it is usually very tough to balance your resists after killing Act 10 Kitava.

It is also good overall for builds such as ours where we perhaps use a lot of Unique Items that doesn't give us Elemental Resistances and we rely on very few Gear pieces to get our resistances up. Alira also gives a decent damage boost from the Global Critical Strike Multiplier and the Mana Regeneration is OK in some situations.

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Video of Labyrinth & Trials Explanation

1st / Normal Labyrinth: Crave the Slaughter
2nd / Cruel Labyrinth: Rite of Ruin
3rd / Merciless Labyrinth: Flawless Savagery
4th / Eternal Labyrinth: Blitz

Skill Tree & Path of Building

Spoiler

Phase 1 Skill Tree ~ Level 85

Get a Large Cluster Jewel with Run Through and get Run Through.

Phase 1 PoB ~ Level 85: https://pastebin.com/uYNTyQdv

Gem Links

Spoiler

IMPORTANT - You always wanna try to keep your Gems atleast Level 20 with 20% Quality unless I specifically say something different. If the Gems in this Guide don't have 20/20 Gems it is because I don't have those myself and can therefor not link them in this Guide.

5 Link

6-Link

Auras

Make sure Flesh and Stone is linked with Maim for extra DPS.

Totem for extra Single Target Damage

I have Warchief - Culling Strike - Maim - Flesh and Stone in a 4-Link. Because then we use maim with our Flesh and Stone but we also grant a 3-Link for our Warchief Totem for extra DPS.

Movement Skills

No Faster Attacks because of the Berserk Ascendancy choice "Blitz" we gain an insane amount of Attack Speed and will Leap Slam at a very fast pace anyway.

Utility & Extra

You wanna keep Molten Shell at Level 12 and Cast When Damage Taken at level 4! If you do not wish to play with a CWDT Setup then use a Level 20 Vaal Molten Shell.

We activate Berserk as a DPS Cooldown when we have high Rage Stacks and want to destroy an enemy.

Gear

Spoiler

- Weapons -

CHEAP - THE TERMINUS EST DOES NOT HAVE TO BE 5 or 6-LINKED! Terminus Est gives an absolutely insane amount of Damage. It's overall stats with pDPS, Critical Strike Chance and Attack speed is great and it also provides us with Frenzy Charges for extra DPS.

- Body Armour -

CHEAP - A Tabula Rasa or a random Rare 5 or 6-Linked Body Armour is fine to begin with so we can use a good Lacerate Setup.

- Helmet -

CHEAP - Either use a Starkonjas for some extra DPS and life or even use a Crown of the Inward Eye. Crown of the Inward Eye actually provides us with a great amount of Life and some decent DPS as well!

-Amulet-

CHEAP - Amulet I have chosen just a random one with some Life and Resists and some Stats.

If you have the money for it you should focus on Life, Resists and any other form of extra damage such as "Physical Damage to Attacks", "Attack Speed", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" and "Global Critical Strike Chance"

ANNOINT - We annoint "Fatal Blade" (Amber, Opalscent, Opalscent) for the insane amount of DPS that it provides. (Can be a bit expensive to annoint in Phase 1 and specially if you are gonna upgrade to a new Amulet later)

Clip of me Explaining how to Annoint your Amulet

- Rings -

CHEAP - Same as Amulet, I have chosen some Life, Resists and a bit of damage or overall good stats here.

If you have the money for it you should focus on Life, Resists and any other form of extra damage such as "Physical Damage to Attacks", "Attack Speed", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" and "Global Critical Strike Chance"

- Gloves -

CHEAP - 1 Socketed Tombfist Gloves are usually somewhat cheap early on in the League and a great item pickup for us to use. We slot in a Murderous Eye Jewel and gain Intimidate against enemies that is a good DPS boost. And the gloves overall give Life% too.

On the Murderous Eye Jewel I suggest getting Life and anything else you may need such as Resists, Stats or perhaps any form of Damage.

If you can not acquire a Tombfist early on then I suggest getting any Rare Gloves with Life & Resists.

- Belt -

CHEAP - Belt of the Deceiver is a good item for early on, its cheap, gives damage and resists and some life as well!

Or you can use a Perseverance which I suggest using even for Phase 2 because it gives a good amount of Cold Res, Life and a really nice DPS boost because we use Fortify in our 6-Link and when we have Fortify this belt also grants us Onslaught which is 20% Attack Speed and 20% Movement speed.

- Boots -

CHEAP - Just generic Rare Boots with Life, Resists and Movement Speed.

- Flasks -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Prize - I suggest Anti Bleed, Anti Freeze and perhaps Anti Burn/Anti Shock. It's important to have 1 Diamond Flask and I would strongly suggest a Basalt Flask as well for more defenses. Also the Lion's Roar gives an annoying Knockback but it is EXTREMELY good for DPS as well!

I have the "Increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effet" craft. Just ask me on Stream and I can craft it for you.

- Jewels -

CHEAP - For Jewels the main things you wanna look for is "Life%" "Any form of Attack Speed" "Any form of Critical Strike Chance" "Any form of Critical Strike Multiplier" and perhaps "Resists"

Phase 2 - Tier 16 & Early Bossing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 2 Skill Tree ~ Level 90

Get a Medium Cluster Jewel and use your Skill Points for that.

PoB for Phase 2: https://pastebin.com/A45wvLxd

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

- Kaom's Heart -

MEDIUM Prize - Kaom's Heart is extremely good for defensive purposes. It adds soooo much life and a great amount of armour as well.

- 6-Link Terminus -

EXPENSIVE Prize - Obviously 6-Linked Terminus so we can use 6 Gems in our Lacerate Setup for optimal damage output.

- Steel Rings -

MEDIUM Prize - Steel Rings are great for damage and we focus on Life, Resists and any other form of extra damage such as "Physical Damage to Attacks" (more than just the Implicit), "Attack Speed", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" and "Global Critical Strike Chance"

- Amulet Upgrade? -

MEDIUM Prize - I went for a Strong Amulet upgrade in Phase 2. Amulet is a great place to also get some Stats that we need. I also again focused on Life, Resists and any other form of extra damage such as "Physical Damage to Attacks" (more than just the Implicit), "Attack Speed", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" and "Global Critical Strike Chance"

- Spiked Gloves -

MEDIUM Prize - Spiked Gloves are an incredibly good base for this Build and can yield a ton of DPS for us. I suggest looking for Life, Resists if you need any and then Physical Damage to Attacks or Attack Speed is also great.

- Lions Roar -

MEDIUM Prize - Lion's Roar is extremely good for DPS and also gives a form of defensive layer by pushing away mobs from us so they can't hit us.

- Good Cluster Jewel -
IMPORTANT! It is extremely important that you get Run Through in your Large Cluster Jewel! It is a high source of our damage due to the Impale Chance it provides along with its other beneficial stats.

For any of the other Cluster Jewels I suggest anything with Damage%, Crit% and Attack Speed% mainly. You can see some suggestions in the 3.11 Updated PoB's for decent Cluster Jewels.

Phase 3 - All Endgame Content

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 3 Skill Tree ~ Level 95

Get a 2nd Medium Cluster Jewel and use your Skill Points for that.

PoB for Phase 3: https://pastebin.com/czr6yqta

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

Helmet Enchants from Uber Lab:

"Berserk has 40% Reduced Rage loss Per Second"
"Berserk has 30% increased Buff Effect"
"Blood and Sand has 40% increased Buff Effect"
"Dread Banner has 40% increased Aura Effect"
"Blood Rage grants additional 12% increased Attack Speed"

Good Curses on Influenced Steel Ring:

"Curse Enemies with Vulnerability on Hit"
"Curse Enemies with Assassin's Mark on Hit"

Other Good Item Upgrades:

Bottled Faith Sulphure Flask
Awakened Physical Support Gem
Awakened Brutality Support Gem

Last edited by Bergerbrush on Feb 18, 2021, 7:53:20 AM
Last bumped on Jan 14, 2021, 10:56:48 AM
reserved
I am not able to see any gem links or gear, either empty space, or just the word TEXT next to the gear link
I have just made the pre-written Guide so far. Tomorrow I will spend all day finalizing the Build and work on the Youtube video as well^^
Phase 2 and Phase 3 somewhat finished. Will finish Phase 1 and the guide all together tomorrow + upload video.
Video is up! And will Finish the Guide today/tomorrow!

Lacerate Berserker Build Video
BUILD GUIDE IS FINISHED AND SO IS THE SKILL TREE!

I will get some Phase 3 gear myself and see how easy I can do certain things.
This Build from what I can tell is a bit of a sleeper right now. I played this Last League and it was actually really good and it looks even better now with the changes they made to the Skill Tree.

Here is a PoB with absolute GARBAGE EARLY GAME GEAR and it still has 4m+ DPS Cyclone and 5m+ DPS Lacerate.

https://pastebin.com/aTJqit7X

Enjoy anyone who wants to play it this League. Will update the Guide later based on new PoB and changes.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
This Build from what I can tell is a bit of a sleeper right now. I played this Last League and it was actually really good and it looks even better now with the changes they made to the Skill Tree.

Here is a PoB with absolute GARBAGE EARLY GAME GEAR and it still has 4m+ DPS Cyclone and 5m+ DPS Lacerate.

https://pastebin.com/aTJqit7X

Enjoy anyone who wants to play it this League. Will update the Guide later based on new PoB and changes.

The pastebin link doesn't seem to work on 1.4.169.

Also, what would you recommend now that Starforge is nerfed?
Last edited by _wt on Jun 18, 2020, 4:28:15 PM
Cluster jewels are not 3.11 ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info