[3.12] Invincible Spectres Necro Summoner - HC Viable - Boss Killer - High Clear Speed

I've updated the build to 3.11

The most significant change is that the curse themed Medium Cluster Jewel has been nerfed. It's still decent, but it's not quite as powerful as it was before. It's still useful for culling strike until you can get that from another source.

Evil Eye now inflicts blind instead of granting you dodge, which is useless because we cannot evade do to Unwavering Stance.

Master of Fear now only grants increased spell damage taken, instead of both attack and spell damage. The vast majority of damage our minions do does stem from spell damage, so this change is mostly insignificant, and it's still a powerful node.

Coupled with 2 jewel sockets in Large Cluster Jewels becoming more rare, it's a welcome change, as we'll be less reliant on the second jewel sockets. There are plenty of other good alternatives on the passive skill tree, and I may skip on a Large Jewel Socket altogether in Harvest league: It's simply hardly worth the investment unless you can get one with 3 added passive skills and 2 jewel sockets. Otherwise the travel distance due to the layout will be awful!

All uniques for the build are unaltered and no changes seem to have brought any new alternatives. We'll have to look out for new uniques when the league starts.

Changes to skill gems also don't seem to have had any significant impact on the build. We'll have to test out the new Brand and Warcry skills, to see how they may benefit the build, and I'll adjust the passive skill tree when PoB has been updated with the new layout.

Last edited by Drakkashi on Jun 17, 2020, 9:08:45 AM
The wiki is pretty clear that spell echo can't support summoned phantasms due to them being the result of a trigger mechanic. PoB still calculates a damage boost on the projectile attack. Could this be an oversight in PoB and actually not be translating in game, or is the wiki mistaken or unclear as to what is or isn't being echoed?

I'm considering this for a league start, but would like to know if there is a better gem that would impact both phantasms and spectres if this turns out to be an issue.
A lot of threads seem to suggest that spell echo does not help minions summoned by a trigger, such as phantasms. It would make sense to me that the summoning is not echoed, but I do not understand why the minions' skills are excluded.

Anyway, it should not be too hard to test? Insert and remove gem, and closely watch how many projectiles the phantasms shoot.
"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
The wiki is pretty clear that spell echo can't support summoned phantasms due to them being the result of a trigger mechanic. PoB still calculates a damage boost on the projectile attack. Could this be an oversight in PoB and actually not be translating in game, or is the wiki mistaken or unclear as to what is or isn't being echoed?

I'm considering this for a league start, but would like to know if there is a better gem that would impact both phantasms and spectres if this turns out to be an issue.

"
Calumet wrote:
A lot of threads seem to suggest that spell echo does not help minions summoned by a trigger, such as phantasms. It would make sense to me that the summoning is not echoed, but I do not understand why the minions' skills are excluded.

Anyway, it should not be too hard to test? Insert and remove gem, and closely watch how many projectiles the phantasms shoot.

Summon Phantasm Support is a triggered effect, but it is not a triggered skill. Spell Echo Support strictly doesn't affect triggered skills, but Summon Phantasm Support isn't a skill gem; it's a support gem. As long as the skill gem you link it to is self cast (say our spectres), it will most definitely work, and PoB is doing the calculations correctly.

You will also notice that the Spell Echo Support gem will stop supporting your Summon Phantasms Support, if you add a Cast when Damage Taken Support gem to the link in PoB, because this turns the skill into a triggered skill.

The confusion over the support gem's interaction with Spell Echo Support stems from Soulwrest, which has a triggered skill that summons phantasms and cannot be supported by Spell Echo Support.

The wiki is also misleading, saying "The phantasms come from a trigger effect and therefore can not be supported by Spell Echo Support", with a source that links to a reply from a thread named "Summon Phantasm from Soulwrest"!
Last edited by Drakkashi on Jun 17, 2020, 1:07:19 PM
It looks like Unwavering stance got moved over to top of marauder area, not practical to pick up anymore.
"
Calumet wrote:
It looks like Unwavering stance got moved over to top of marauder area, not practical to pick up anymore.

Hmm, yeah... That is a terrible place for it to be... :/

I might look into other sources for stun immunity this league.
Okay, so it's not great, but it's also not terrible and it does add a bit of change to the build that I quite enjoy.

I've updated the passive skill tree in the build to fit with 3.11 and what I expect to aim for. The leveling build has also be updated.
How many specters do you end up with , considering you use the unique Armour or a yellow 6 link without the spectre enchant.

The boots might be affordable, but I know for a fact that 21/23 will be like 2-3 ex to reach the break point of 25 level to get 1 more spectre.

So how with how many you start and with how many you end up ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Question is viable in late game to use redemption sentrys with this same gems links and tree? Thx for the awesome build is going to be my league start!!! POG
Sry for my english... hope u understand.

Is the pastebin for the path of building updated for 3.11???, because try to lead it and get an error (something about the version of the tree)
Last edited by ad09min80 on Jun 18, 2020, 10:36:37 PM
"
ad09min80 wrote:
Question is viable in late game to use redemption sentrys with this same gems links and tree? Thx for the awesome build is going to be my league start!!! POG
Sry for my english... hope u understand.

Is the pastebin for the path of building updated for 3.11???, because try to lead it and get an error (something about the version of the tree)

Redemption Sentries sound like a lot of fun, and I'll have to try them out this league myself too :)

I can't speak from experience, but I do believe they are viable as end-game spectres, though there are some things to watch out for.

The issue I see, is that phantasms use projectile spells, while sentries use projectile attacks (except for one spell which is on a 10 second cooldown), which gets a bit tricky.

Spell Echo Support and Controlled Destruction Support will benefit your phantasms, but not your spectres.

Elemental Damage with Attacks Support, Vicious Projectiles Support, and Damage on Full Life Support will benefit your spectres, but not your phantasms.

The best option I see, is to use Raise Spectre with Summon Phantasm Support, Minion Damage Support, Hypothermia Support, Awakened Added Chaos Damage Support, and Physical to Lightning Damage Support.

Elemental Focus Support would benefit both minion types, but in this case both your spectres and phantasms deal a substantial amount of physical damage as well, which will not benefit from the higher multiplier at all, while giving up their ability to chill and freeze enemies. Raw damage will likely be about as good, if not a bit better.

Minion Speed Support could also be alright, since it also benefits both minion types equally, but I suspect Unending Hunger will undermine it quite a bit for your spectres.

Awakened Added Chaos Damage Support will be powerful, because it adds raw damage and increases the level of your Raise Spectre gem, which also benefits your phantasms. A cheaper though worse alternative would be Added Cold Damage Support. Physical to Lightning Damage Support seems really strong as well, when coupled with EE, but will require you to not deal any lightning or cold damage. Avatar of Fire can help you with this, if necessary. All three gems are quite a bit better than Elemental Focus Support, Minion Speed Support, and Empower Support.

The damage from the gem setup is a bit worse than what you can achieve with Frost Sentinels due to their better synergy with phantasms, but if Redemption Sentries are of a slightly higher weight class as a monster, which I believe they may be, then it probably evens out, and they could even come out on top. We are working with pretty small margins here, is my impression.
Last edited by Drakkashi on Jun 19, 2020, 6:07:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info