[3.12] Invincible Spectres Necro Summoner - HC Viable - Boss Killer - High Clear Speed

"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Now, on Victario, I have to say I dont understand what mechanic in your build leads to your minions getting frenzy charges thanks to Victario if you're not picking up Necromantic Aegis. Can you explain ? And I totally agree that a necro should get a shield for survival.

"5% chance to grant a Frenzy Charge to nearby Allies on Hit"

When player kinetic bolts mobs to curse them, 5% of hits proc frenzy charge to nearby spectres. That's my take anyway.
Hi everyone!!

Sorry if this question was already answered, but Cindershallow Urn dont do us 'life/mana/es' on kill, it does?

Or the culling way (with gloves or cluester) really works??

In my experience, I think minions kill faster than culling player...
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
Calumet wrote:
"
mirage2k640 wrote:
Now, on Victario, I have to say I dont understand what mechanic in your build leads to your minions getting frenzy charges thanks to Victario if you're not picking up Necromantic Aegis. Can you explain ? And I totally agree that a necro should get a shield for survival.

"5% chance to grant a Frenzy Charge to nearby Allies on Hit"

When player kinetic bolts mobs to curse them, 5% of hits proc frenzy charge to nearby spectres. That's my take anyway.

That is correct, a single attack that cascades through a swarm of monsters can hit up to 40 times, which is also incredibly useful for placing curses on many targets.

Do so right after using Convocation and you're likely to give your minions 1-2 frenzy charges on that first attack. Kinetic Bolt projectiles move faster than those of our minions, which is useful for cursing and keeping frenzy charges up.

"
Rato86 wrote:
Hi everyone!!

Sorry if this question was already answered, but Cindershallow Urn dont do us 'life/mana/es' on kill, it does?

You are not incorrect. Culling strike is most useful to deal with tough monsters, and we mostly use Cindershallow Urn for it's damage boost to our minions, the unveiled life regeneration mod, and onslaught. Those alone are not insignificant boosts to our movement speed, attack speed, damage, and life recovery.

The occasional kills are helpful though, and culling strike will make those much more common. The fact that it gives ES, life, and mana is pretty substantial as well.
Last edited by Drakkashi on Jun 16, 2020, 12:50:14 PM
"
Drakkashi wrote:

It is correct that Frost Bomb + EE will cause the a monster to get +25% cold res for a fraction of a second, but after that it will get -75% cold res, which will allow your minions to shred minions with incredible amounts of cold res. Your attack speed with Kinetic Bolt (or whichever skill you prefer) should be much high than the pulse interval of the Frost Bomb, overwriting the bad EE effect near immediately.

It also applies a debuff that reduces ES and life regen by 75%, which is very useful against certain bosses and in particular rare monsters with ridiculous life regen.

There are no good offensive alternatives, but you could replace it with Tempest Shield for defensive purposes, if you're not sold on the idea of running Frost Bomb with EE. On a HC character I might do so regardless, and just have the -10% exposure from zombies. -75% cold res really is the sweet spot though, for dispatching elm/cold res rare monsters.

Thank you for your answer but I still do not get it. Once the Frost Nova detonates the effect of EE will apply for 5 seconds if not overwritten. How do you overwrite your +50% Cold Res effect? Are you assuming fire/lightning damage on gear and constant hitting manually with your wand?
Yes he has fire damage on the gloves and will apply it with kinetic bolt.
"
Baki wrote:
"
Drakkashi wrote:

It is correct that Frost Bomb + EE will cause the a monster to get +25% cold res for a fraction of a second, but after that it will get -75% cold res, which will allow your minions to shred minions with incredible amounts of cold res. Your attack speed with Kinetic Bolt (or whichever skill you prefer) should be much high than the pulse interval of the Frost Bomb, overwriting the bad EE effect near immediately.

It also applies a debuff that reduces ES and life regen by 75%, which is very useful against certain bosses and in particular rare monsters with ridiculous life regen.

There are no good offensive alternatives, but you could replace it with Tempest Shield for defensive purposes, if you're not sold on the idea of running Frost Bomb with EE. On a HC character I might do so regardless, and just have the -10% exposure from zombies. -75% cold res really is the sweet spot though, for dispatching elm/cold res rare monsters.

Thank you for your answer but I still do not get it. Once the Frost Nova detonates the effect of EE will apply for 5 seconds if not overwritten. How do you overwrite your +50% Cold Res effect? Are you assuming fire/lightning damage on gear and constant hitting manually with your wand?

Correct, and I happen to have my fire damage from my gloves, as mentioned by nomercy4you.

You will need something to apply apply EE reliantly and frequently regardless of Frost Bomb. One way is added damage of another elemental type than that of your spectres on gear. You can also take advantage of Avatar of Fire to make sure you only, and always, deal fire damage for the cheap opportunity cost of 1 passive skill point, because we already travel right past it. Avatar of Fire will also cause Frost Bomb to deal fire damage, while still applying its -25 cold resistance debuff on targets.

I really quite often swap in Avatar of Fire when changing items for this build, so I don't have to rely on always having added fire/lightning damage to attack on an item, while also having to avoid added cold damage at all costs.

If and when my gear fulfills these requirements, I have the luxury of another passive skill point to put elsewhere. :)
Last edited by Drakkashi on Jun 16, 2020, 3:38:15 PM
Thanks, Avatar of Fire makes sense!
Would you mind recording a couple example videos/clips? Especially interested in a T16 map and any of the end bosses.
One Filter to Rule Them All: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1259059
"
Drakkashi wrote:

"
Rato86 wrote:
Hi everyone!!

You are not incorrect. Culling strike is most useful to deal with tough monsters, and we mostly use Cindershallow Urn for it's damage boost to our minions, the unveiled life regeneration mod, and onslaught. Those alone are not insignificant boosts to our movement speed, attack speed, damage, and life recovery.

The occasional kills are helpful though, and culling strike will make those much more common. The fact that it gives ES, life, and mana is pretty substantial as well.

Thx for clarify!!
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
Muldini wrote:
Would you mind recording a couple example videos/clips? Especially interested in a T16 map and any of the end bosses.

I'll see if I can't find the time to go endgame in Harvest and make a recording of its performance in the new league :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info