[3.11] (Smite) Fire and Lightning Slayer

I decided to run essentially this build but with Wild Strike since I prefer that skill.

Damage is great, clear is amazing, visuals are beautiful (I left all 3 elements on, saw no benefit to running those jewels in this build)

Tankiness was eh, i'm only 89 and 6.4k life atm, so working on that. I ran a few different nodes to increase my physical damage reduction and max res to 76

Wondering if theres any ideas to augment this further for wild strike, or no?
"
Kamerheek wrote:
Choir of storm could be a good cheap amulet for this build, don't you think ?
I'm also looking into Vessel of Vinktar that could be good.

I believe that rare amulet will do better job. Amulets with life + "elemental damage with attacks" mod are pretty cheap nowadays. Also lightning Damage increase has like 60% effectiveness due to split damage (lightning/fire).

Vessel of Vinktar would work great for leveling.
Although i would not use is as end game flask. It has bad synergy with Wise Oak due to Lightning resistance bonus. Secondary bonuses (Damage to Attacks/Penetration) also not so strong for this build.

"
savagetsunami wrote:
Tankiness was eh, i'm only 89 and 6.4k life atm, so working on that. I ran a few different nodes to increase my physical damage reduction and max res to 76

It mostly depends on gear at this point (endurance charge crafts/vermillion ring with quality/min maxing). Thought 6.4k life with Soul of Steel should be enough to feel pretty tanky considering Slayer overleech and flasks. I was able to tank Shaper slam with similar stats.
I also considering to take Rampart cluster (fortify effect is hella strong), but can't decide what cluster can be sacrificed for it.

"
savagetsunami wrote:

Wondering if theres any ideas to augment this further for wild strike, or no?

Wild Strike is one of my favorite POE skills, so i also tested it on this build.
Basically in scope of this builds both skills works the same way and i do not think that tree can be made better particularity for Wild Strike.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on May 2, 2020, 9:47:35 AM
can i run this as a berserker? i change your tree to a berserker and it seems is going to do better.
"
tobymacx wrote:
can i run this as a berserker? i change your tree to a berserker and it seems is going to do better.

Yep you can. But keep in mind that Berserk do not have overleech. That mean you will have to either
* Equip Soul Tether. This basically mean you are going to lose belt slot
* Or get rid of Vaal Pact and make different large jewels ("while leeching" and "max leech" mods do not work well without overleech). Overleech is the main defense layer of this build, so it might be a bit hard to sustain tricky endgame encounters.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on May 26, 2020, 6:01:07 PM
im leveling witht this build right now and oh gosh im facetanking the mini bosses from act like nothing :D just diched 15 exalt :D on it for those items :D some of them did you tryed this build with inpulsa broken heart ? for some bom bom explosion ?:D or to add a voice cluster jew to add some fire explosure and more leech showld work fine :D gosh or dex stacking with this build with hollow palm tehniques this is what you call an extra challenge xD no weapon no gloves no shield :D

PS: il take my words back to level up with this build is a pain in the fucking ass you die like a gay all the time allready got 40 deaths :)) with 1,5k life leech recovery rolf and 3 k life at act 8 :))
Last edited by _DrStone_ on May 27, 2020, 8:28:09 AM
Any thoughts on adapting this with charged dash, it seems like possibly the strongest way to scale charged dash

Obviously easy swaps would be pulverise and infused channelling in place of multistrike and ancestral call.

The nodes that give endurance and frenzy charges when hit while channelling seem very nice for guaranteed frenzy and endurance charges.

Possibly enduring focus and rapid infusion could be one of the medium jewels, giving some nice damage and extra defense

Edit: after a couple hours of theory crafting I think maybe trickster with serpent gloves for overleech is better for Charged Dash. Gives me power, frenzy, and endurance charges. 1 medium cluster running endurance charge generation and enduring focus (similar dmg to vengeful node)

This also let me put empower in my helm which boosted aura damage (I need very little Mana since Charged Dash costs nothing due to ascendancy).

Also, I get 70% recovery rate after kills so leech is very strong outside of endgame bosses.

I know it's not Slayer anymore, but to me the important parts of the build remain intact, below is current pastebin. Gear is from my wildstrike version so may not be perfect match for charged dash version.

https://pastebin.com/3FhpX7wj

Any further ideas? I'm trying to stay true to anger/wrath with overleech as the main parts of the build
Last edited by savagetsunami on Jun 1, 2020, 12:09:08 AM
"
did you tryed this build with inpulsa broken heart ?

In my opinion Inpulsa not very good without shock proliferation.
"
or to add a voice cluster jew

Indeed. Voices with low amount of empty passive nodes should be better than large clusters, but i do not think that it make sense to dump so much currency in this build.
"
il take my words back to level up with this build is a pain in the fucking ass

Well i haven't added leveling section, but until ~80 lvl its better to level as generic phys build. And until you incorporate all jewels, leech nodes and other defensive mechanics (flasks, golem), build will feel the same way as most of the other non-cyclone melee builds.

"
savagetsunami wrote:

Any further ideas? I'm trying to stay true to anger/wrath with overleech as the main parts of the build

Looks good. But since i have never made neither Charged Dash or Trickster builds i will not be able to advice much :)

Since right side of the tree has only few good life clusters i would consider to get couple of small life jewels with Fettle.

Empower might be not the best choose. Blood and Sand + damage oriented anoint should give effectively more dps. And i believe Charged Dash will get major AOE bonus from sand stance.

Overleech is no near mandatory. It is just pretty simple and strong defense mechanism that have good synergy with multiple cluster jewels.
Actually you could even try to make CI build.

PS: I completely forgot about these gloves :) Great way to achieve overleech for other ascendancies.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on Jun 1, 2020, 6:12:59 PM
These are some good points. I'll see about incorporating 2 fettle nodes.

Empower was giving me 17% more dmg, but I could see blood and sand with an annoint being even better as you said.

The gloves work great, and some implicits on them can be pretty useful.

I'm so excited for tomorrow and hoping they don't gut vengeful commander.

Great build overall, the wild strike version was bonkers for me.
Last edited by savagetsunami on Jun 1, 2020, 9:00:34 PM
It seems like this avoided most nerfs outside of the global nerf to critical multiplier.
Last edited by savagetsunami on Jun 17, 2020, 9:27:55 AM
Yep damage nerf is inferior, but leech nerf is huge. Drive the Destruction and Adrenaline were literally slaughtered.
Also since Enduring cry was buffed so dramatically Vaal Pact became much less effective way to restore life.
Last edited by GreenSubmarine on Jun 17, 2020, 2:53:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info