POE Crashes, GPU fan goes crazy, blackscreen, sound still on

Hi There

I have since the new league huge problems with the game. it crashes often as soon as i loaded the game or even before i can choose my character. the screen goes black (card is not recognized anymore), fan's go crazy and i still hear the sound in the back.

usually it solved itself, hardrestarting the pc 1-3 times, till it was stable enough and i could play for hours or even a full day. only sometimes it crashed still and one restart fixed that.

since today not even this helps, i can go to a dungeon and play maybe 2-3 minutes, then it crashes.

i have drivers up to date for everything. changed some stuff about fullscreen (nothing helps), the graphic-settings and so on, installed poe instead of steam, change window settings in exe, changed start as admin in exe, other little fixes, nothing helps.

my system is quite new (therefore i guess thermal paste and so on is legit) and should just run smooth, like for any other game it does.

i run:
i7 9700k intel cpu
geforce rtx 2060 super
32 gb ram
on 1080p 144hz

i really dont know what to do, only thing working for me is to let poe aside and play other stuff.

thanks for any help!
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2020, 8:36:42 AM
Same goes for me ~
Able to handle multiple high work load without lagging, crashes, not responding but computer cant handle a single POE client.

But before the most recent patch, it was slightly better and after the patch, something feels like it broke again.
yeah that part is quite disturbing. i can play much more demanding games like the star wars fallen order on max settings and so on, no problems there, never saw my pc crash if it wasnt poe. there i can also not really see a pattern, even without delirium it crashes.
I have the exact same issue since 3.10.1c launched
Last edited by SunnyCola on Apr 6, 2020, 11:41:22 AM

cant play anymore
Can you check if vsync or fps cap is enabled in the game ?
It seems it disabled itself for some players.
for me it doesnt matter what is on or not, i can try everything it crashes in the game. sometimes i can do a map, sometimes it crashes much faster, also in hideout or city. i dont really see a pattern there for example with delirium mobs etc. reset bios, disabled all overclocking, deinstalled geforce experience and lots of other stuff, it doesnt change.
Same problem here...

Im using the same laptop since legacy league. I never felt any problem since last week.

(Asus N552VW Series | 6700 HQ / 960M GDDR5/ 128 SSD)

Then poe started to shut down my computer. Shut downs sometimes came after logging to game 20 seconds while Im at my hideout.

I carried my laptop to service told them the problem of heating and crash. (did not tell them about poe) they called me and they couldn't manage to crash the laptop. I went there opened the game 2min later poe crashed the laptop. Then service opened the laptop, did the cleaning, did the thermal paste change. Come back home. Did full re install. The crashes continue.

I tried every option I could find enable disable vsync multithreading, task manager priority. Affinity, disabling FPS caps, every combination did not work.

Only option is buying new laptop, but I'm not sure the problems can continue in new laptop.

Any suggestions?
I've had this problem since i build my new pc.
Poe crashes the nvidia driver but the nvidia driver does not recover.
This only happens with Poe, i've played a lot of games and did not encounter this.
What fixed it for me on my Rtx 2070 super was to underclock my gpu by -250 mhz in msi afterburner.

Check the poe log and see what error you get.
When this happens i get
"[D3D11] Map: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.
(GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because some other application submitted invalid commands.
The calling application should re-create the device and continue."

Last edited by Scientist_ on Apr 7, 2020, 6:14:18 AM
For me it stopped now since 2 days. its quite stable i had maybe 3 crashed and quite long sessions. i didnt change anything from the day before. did something happen with your crashes aswell?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info