[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
Zaphirex wrote:
Really enjoying this build so far, much better than my experience with CoC Ice Nova.

I made a few small changes to the tree and things seemed to have worked out very well. I was able put a large thread of hope next to the instability node and use that to get several points back which I invested into Arcane Guarding and Unnatural Calm which has put my defense through the roof.

POB: https://pastebin.com/4YnVfGU4

Thanks for the great guide!

I like the idea of Fitting in a Thread of Hope but the nodes you are taking don't seem worth it to me.

Lightning Walker and Practical Application specifically. Light Walker also isn't needed with the ES on hit eye or Spider Boots.
livejamie
"
RumpaliKani wrote:
Thanks for help N0esy! build feels much better now. I guess I should next go for awakened curse on hit since there doesn't seem to be any sceptres on market atm. Also I've been thinking should I change for dagger since I won't be able to find megalomaniac so that I could get fortify buff.
https://pastebin.com/GT8aVCWs

The Sceptre is pretty easily crafted you can use garden crafts to remove mods to open up space.

This originally had 3 mods that I removed with 1 Remove Attack, 1 Remove Cold and 1 Remove Phys until it was ready to be multimodded.

You can get Overlord on a Large Cluster jewel if needed, Fortify is worth it.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
I feel pretty min-maxed now, the garden has made what seemed like impossible gear relatively achievable this league.

I'm at the third threshold for the first time. :)

I crafted everything myself.

The belt was easily the hardest thing to make because of Armour in the defense pool.

I'm sure there are little things I can improve upon but I'm really happy with where I'm at.

If you really want to min-max even farther, how about explode chest or chest with attack crit? More consistent crits or better clear.
I was able to create my "Able to play" set from lvling as a spellslinger and I need to upgrade a bunch of stuff.

Now the tricky part:

What is the usual upgrade route?

I got all the "easy" pieces (enchant, enlightened, bottle of faith, jewels, etc...)

In order of priority, what is required to be able to run red maps?

Most of my gear suck if you wanna have a look, since I just wanted to see if I was able to run aqueduc/low map to get more lvls...
"
ryukenden wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
I feel pretty min-maxed now, the garden has made what seemed like impossible gear relatively achievable this league.

I'm at the third threshold for the first time. :)

I crafted everything myself.

The belt was easily the hardest thing to make because of Armour in the defense pool.

I'm sure there are little things I can improve upon but I'm really happy with where I'm at.

If you really want to min-max even farther, how about explode chest or chest with attack crit? More consistent crits or better clear.

I've tried the Explode Chest on this build before and it doesn't really make a big difference for this build, we don't really scale anything that would take advantage of the explosions very well.

Crit is an option, it would be pretty easy to remove a resistance suffix and throw it on there. :)

"
Azdingo wrote:
I was able to create my "Able to play" set from lvling as a spellslinger and I need to upgrade a bunch of stuff.

Now the tricky part:

What is the usual upgrade route?

I got all the "easy" pieces (enchant, enlightened, bottle of faith, jewels, etc...)

In order of priority, what is required to be able to run red maps?

Most of my gear suck if you wanna have a look, since I just wanted to see if I was able to run aqueduc/low map to get more lvls...

I'd recommend getting the Spider Boots and Aspect of the Spider first.
livejamie
what made you switch to scepters from your old build?
"
Guvnah153 wrote:

Mjolner is annoying to use because it requires a lot of investment into Strength, which wasn't a big deal with pre-nerf Shapers Touch gloves but now it's a lot better to use the gloves we use now.
livejamie

https://pastebin.com/Kdr7dFJT

could someone help me out I have 65 ex to spend to upgrade my build but im not sure where togo from here gear wise. it feels clunky to play like I don't crit very often and I don't throw to many lightning balls
"
livejamie wrote:
"
Guvnah153 wrote:

Mjolner is annoying to use because it requires a lot of investment into Strength, which wasn't a big deal with pre-nerf Shapers Touch gloves but now it's a lot better to use the gloves we use now.

This is correct. Plus, the introduction of the woke CoC gem is another factor that favors sceptre builds over Mjolner ones because Mjolner has such a low base aps.
Are you guys getting 1 shot?

I can't figure what is oneshotting me doing t13-14maps.

I made some upgrades (gems) and now that I have a bit more crit it feels better, but out of nowhere I get oneshot (could be projectiles).

I plan to update me mediocre gear once I hit 80 to balance resists with the shaper ring.

I'm at 5.6k ES

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info