[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

Hey guys
Why you wont use Driftwood Sceptre?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Driftwood_Sceptre

Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.55
Requires 8 Str, 8 Int

This is better than Karui's 1.50aps and 96 Str, 96 Int requirements
so why not?
"
Mihaniksvc wrote:
Hey guys

Requires 8 Str, 8 Int

so why not?

If you have less than 52% CDR, you don't need a sceptre with high aps.
With 52% CDR, you want to use a sceptre with the highest possible aps. Therefore, driftwood sceptre is the best base, as explained in this guide (gear>crafting guide).
Probably, most players don't have 52% CDR, so driftwood sceptre is not a good choice for them. Even if you have 52% CDR, it is very difficult to find a good driftwood sceptre on the market because the drop rate of driftwood sceptres in high-tier maps is very low - you are lucky if you find one in the entire league. This means that you can't find a good driftwood sceptre by identifying dropped rares. On the other hand, karui sceptres drop a lot in high-tier maps. I think this is why most people use a karui sceptre.

Edit: Also, the difference between a karui sceptre and a driftwood sceptre is minimal. With a karui sceptre, you can make up for the aps loss by using a single attack speed suffix mod in a rare jewel. Karui sceptre has better implicit (26% vs 10% elemental damage), so you are essentially using a suffix slot in a jewel for 16% increased elemental damage.
Last edited by N0esy on May 30, 2020, 4:36:39 PM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
Mihaniksvc wrote:
Hey guys

Requires 8 Str, 8 Int

so why not?

If you have less than 52% CDR, you don't need a sceptre with high aps.
With 52% CDR, you want to use a sceptre with the highest possible aps. Therefore, driftwood sceptre is the best base, as explained in this guide (gear>crafting guide).
Probably, most players don't have 52% CDR, so driftwood sceptre is not a good choice for them. Even if you have 52% CDR, it is very difficult to find a good driftwood sceptre on the market because the drop rate of driftwood sceptres in high-tier maps is very low - you are lucky if you find one in the entire league. This means that you can't find a good driftwood sceptre by identifying dropped rares. On the other hand, karui sceptres drop a lot in high-tier maps. I think this is why most people use a karui sceptre.

Edit: Also, the difference between a karui sceptre and a driftwood sceptre is minimal. With a karui sceptre, you can make up for the aps loss by using a single attack speed suffix mod in a rare jewel. Karui sceptre has better implicit (26% vs 10% elemental damage), so you are essentially using a suffix slot in a jewel for 16% increased elemental damage.

Thank you very much for detailed response
Lucky drops to you :)
Can somebody help me with how to craft this sceptre?

"
nhan2004 wrote:

Well, a cheap method is just to slam an exalted orb.
A more expensive one is to metacraft the prefixes. Metacrafting includes:
1) craft "suffixes cannot be changed"
2) scouring
3) block mana and slam exalted orbs
4) repeat until you hit useful mods, then craft "hits can't be evaded".

Your sceptre has very good suffixes, so it's worth metacrafting. However, keep in mind that metacrafting can easily cost 100-200 ex.
Last edited by N0esy on Jun 1, 2020, 4:27:46 AM
Hi Noesy, I would like to thank your for this amazing build! I had a really good time and reached 40/40 and Level 100 in my second season with it.

It is by far the best build I have played so far and I am glad that I switched from Kami's Ice Nova build to this one.

Keep up the good work and have a great next season!
"
N0esy wrote:
"
nhan2004 wrote:

2) scouring

Your sceptre has very good suffixes, so it's worth metacrafting. However, keep in mind that metacrafting can easily cost 100-200 ex.

Thank you for your advice. I have never metacraft an item before so this time might be a whole new experience (in terms of spending money that is). I still have 1 question though, why craft mana to block other useless prefixes instead of something else?
Last edited by nhan2004 on Jun 1, 2020, 10:42:24 PM
"
Tiena wrote:
Hi Noesy, I would like to thank your for this amazing build! I had a really good time and reached 40/40 and Level 100 in my second season with it.

It is by far the best build I have played so far and I am glad that I switched from Kami's Ice Nova build to this one.

Keep up the good work and have a great next season!

Thanks for the kind comment.

"
nhan2004 wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
nhan2004 wrote:

2) scouring

Thank you for your advice. I have never metacraft an item before so this time might be a whole new experience (in terms of spending money that is). I still have 1 question though, why craft mana to block other useless prefixes instead of something else?

Among useless mods, the mana mod has the highest chance to roll.
"
N0esy wrote:

Among useless mods, the mana mod has the highest chance to roll.

Can confirm, slammed mana on my sceptre! Haha ha a :(
If I wanted to league start and transition into this what do people recommend?

Poison BV?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info