Game crashes at launch

"
Ediporei222 wrote:
Had been having a similar situation. What fixed for me was to verify the integrity of game files. Go to:

- Steam Library;
- Right click Path of Exile;
- Select Properties;
- Choose Local Files tab;
- Click 'Verify Integrity of Game Files';
- Wait a few minutes;

Turned out for me that there were 140ish things to fix (even though I reinstalled the game recently?). Might not be the problem though, but it's worth a shot.

Note: on my case the game is installed on separate drive from Windows. Not entirely sure if that matters but it's the only different thing compared to before

thank you this fixed my problem that i had to start up the game.
"
Ediporei222 wrote:
Had been having a similar situation. What fixed for me was to verify the integrity of game files. Go to:

- Steam Library;
- Select Properties;
- Wait a few minutes;

Turned out for me that there were 140ish things to fix (even though I reinstalled the game recently?). Might not be the problem though, but it's worth a shot.

Note: on my case the game is installed on separate drive from Windows. Not entirely sure if that matters but it's the only different thing compared to before

THAT WORKED, thanks.
"
orbitosan wrote:
"
Ediporei222 wrote:

- Steam Library;
- Select Properties;
- Wait a few minutes;

THAT WORKED, thanks.

I have tried everything in these threads and this is the thing that i thought might be triggering it,since they changed the way caches are now saved.I also have PoE installed in a different drive from Windows and i was always wondering why my path of exile cache folder was in my other drive than in the drive PoE is.Does anyone know if i can force it to my other drive?

Edit:Tried re-installing the game into the same drive,didn't work
Last edited by Drthot on Apr 21, 2021, 1:43:10 PM
I have the same problem. Clearing the cache files in steam worked but then I'd have to do it every time I restarted the computer. So I decided to try using the stand alone client and same problem. Game worked fine via steam on Wednesday . It patched yesterday (Thursday) and since then I've had this problem. I will have to wait until a new patch or hotfix comes out and hope it fixes it.
Last edited by DZ3479 on Apr 23, 2021, 4:41:15 AM
If you crash with Vulcan try Editing production_Config.ini in your Poe folder in your documments
Open it with a text editor,Scroll down to SOUND and change the line reverb_enabled2=true to reverb_enabled2=false. Save and exit.
I have tried everything in this post and some things i came up with but sadly nothing worked for me... the only thing that kinda works is a batch file to kill the POE process, having that either on the desktop or bound to a macro and just spam opening and closing the game if it doesn't open, and that usually works in 5 to 10 tries.

I thought it might have something to do either with the new patch or with my video drivers that i installed prior to all of this happening , but i installed the new drivers today and i still have it.
Last edited by Chaoszz on Apr 30, 2021, 7:31:31 AM
So my solution to this was to disable my 3 "unplugged" NVIDIA audio devices (part of the GPU). This was after using the NVIDIA control panel to disable anti-aliasing and texture filtering for PoE but that alone did not solve the issue so idk if it is pertinent. Otherwise every other troubleshooting change made was reverted back to how it was when the game ran at season launch (I've had this problem since the first patch).

I did not delete any files (shadercache or otherwise), I did however validate the Steam install but no files needed to be acquired at any point over the last few patches and no re-installs were performed.

PoE is installed on a different drive than Windows.

EDIT:
After a couple days of troubleshooting I am totally baffled. Sometimes it will crash at launch, sometimes it won't. Sometimes it won't play and all I do is disable and re-enable one audio device and it will work. The game will also crash when returning to character select even after running fine for hours.
Last edited by Jemmapellemma on May 3, 2021, 7:12:33 AM
"
midnightL wrote:
"
Arkhend wrote:
Hello Team,

I was trying to launch the game this morning and it crashes after 1-2 seconds, i can't even reach the login screen. I am using the Steam client, already tried to run the .exe file directly as an admin, my drivers are up to date, also tried to reinstall the game and i am still encountering the same issue. Please advise what should i try next.

Thanks,
Arkie

Disabling the sound did not work for me. Adding here in case of anyone with same issue.

Go to:
C:\...\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Delete all the daily deals, countdown, MOTDS, Minimap, shop images.

Worked for me.

PUMP up this helped me thank you
I started getting this after the last update. Game would load but the second it did my screen would go black for about 5 seconds then go to desktop with the AMD bug report tool due to it crashing. I was using an edited product config which i was using for quite some time. I tried using the steam version and same thing happened. Both DX11 and vulkan both crashing on startup. I've also gone as far as reformatting and doing a fresh install of everything and its still going on. I've reported this to AMD but nothing back from them. Every single other game I play works fine except path of exile.

Im running a ryzen 3600x with a 5700xt. Temps across the system are really good, stress testing my system on cpu / mem / gpu its all fine and dandy for 1hour stress. Just to reiterate that this only started happening after the very last update, before that it was normal. I've tried many different things with the knowledge I have and nothing works. All I know is if I start the game after restarting it will run for about 5minutes then Ill get the black screen crash then after that its crash as soon as the game loads just as the GGG logo is about to pop up.
Started with me today...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info