Game crashes at launch

Hello Team,

I was trying to launch the game this morning and it crashes after 1-2 seconds, i can't even reach the login screen. I am using the Steam client, already tried to run the .exe file directly as an admin, my drivers are up to date, also tried to reinstall the game and i am still encountering the same issue. Please advise what should i try next.

Thanks,
Arkie
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2023, 2:22:27 PM
Sorry forgot to add dxdiag info

https://imgur.com/8o61rah
https://imgur.com/AiU7n9u
Last edited by Arkhend on Apr 4, 2020, 5:04:31 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue on my end as well...

I have a load of newly created *.dmp files that are in my \My Games\Path of Exile\ folder.

Also using Steam.

I tried with various launch options (--nologo, --noasync) both enabled and disabled, all I get is the very start of the "2 gears" animation for loading and it crashes to desktop w/o an error message.

-----

UPDATE: It appears I fixed it.

In the sound control pannel, the Device that i'm using for audio (In my case Realtek (R) Audio), I went into the Advanced Tab, and disabled "Enable audio enhancements"

The game seems to be bugging on the audio enhancements options.

Disabling it doesn't change the sounds in game by a noticeable amount.
Last edited by moldyexile on Apr 4, 2020, 7:23:36 AM
Moldy you are a lifesaver! disabling the audio enhancements worked, even tho i don't use my speakers for PoE i use my headphones which do not have that option there.

Thanks,
Glad I could help!

I created a screenshot for anyone looking at this thread for answers...

This is what I disabled:

I restarted the game several times and there's no issues/conflicts anymore with loading the game.

Hello, have the same problem this the last update (never had the problem before) and it doesn't come from audio ehancements...
Does someone has the same problem, or an idea to solve it...?
I have the same issue and traced it back to an Nvidia settings. Very easy to fix from Nvidia Control Panel. Here is a screenshot of how the settings should look. It is highlighted in blue.

I have tested this 8x (4x on and 4x off) and it appears to be consistant.

-TheNinjaofEarth
I was trying to launch the game this morning and it crashes after 1-2 seconds i am not useing steam what i can do
last night was good but now when i launch the game after 2 s its crash
Last edited by ashjank2 on Jan 17, 2021, 2:17:17 AM
same for me. only today
Same. Started today. Steam client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info