GGPK Defragmenter

"
Skyyofficial wrote:

Thanks for the tool, lets hope steam patches faster now

You can't use this on steam client. Read OP.
Last edited by whood on Jun 15, 2019, 4:12:16 AM
Hey guys,

Elapsed time: 52.62 minutes
File reduction: 5442.79 MB

I thought that my POE was too slow so I reached this post searching about it. Look at my time, 52 minutes. :o

52 minutes to run the GGPK on my pc while the others spent ~5 minutes.

My pc is an i7, 8gb ram and GTX 750. I use HDD, --noasync because of the disconnects and my POE is too slow, practically unplayable.

Does anyone here have any ideas why is it so slow?
Last edited by vhugofadel on Sep 3, 2019, 11:21:00 PM
Cause of your HDD, others use a SSD. ;-)

Do you have any other programs running in the background? Check with the "Task Manager" to see your CPU load.

Edit: also defragmented POE data by ~6 GB: from 23 to 17 GB (with an SSD in ~5 minutes).
Last edited by Th69 on Sep 6, 2019, 1:42:15 AM
I've tried using this a couple times now, and it runs for 5-10 minutes, then I look back and the executable has closed, and the .ggpk file size is unchanged... I think it's crashing or something?

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem. Looking at the POE folder, it looks like the defragmenter makes a file called Content.ggpk.new and sorts the old Content.ggpk into sequential order, then replaces the old file with the new one.

This works great, as long as you have enough space for 2 Content.ggpk files on your SSD or HDD... the whole reason I was trying to do this is that I don't. My Content.ggpk file is 25GB now, after 18 months of patching, and I only have 14GB remaining on my SSD. I finally gave up and just deleted my ggpk file and reinstalled from the Client, and got it back down to 18GB. It's funny, because now I have 21GB of free space, enough to defrag the smaller file... I guess I'll try and pay more attention to the file size in the future...
Last edited by Piros on Oct 2, 2019, 5:04:43 AM
Hello, my program does not start after reinstalling windows from 7 to 10, such an error https://prnt.sc/po55n8 gets out, I already created folders with such names and nothing, the ocr5FD file name always changes. Please help if you understand what the problem is.
it seem your username is non-ascii character
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
3.75 minutes / saved 4913.09 MB (s)

pretty handy tool.
Well i would never bother to defrag a ssd, just removes its write cycke, and if there is a benefit in speed , i doubt! Maybe in some space!
Not worth it.
"
sahman wrote:
Well i would never bother to defrag a ssd, just removes its write cycke, and if there is a benefit in speed , i doubt! Maybe in some space!
Not worth it.

That's not an SSD defragmentation tool...
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Amazing tool. Converted my 30GB Steam installation into a 20GB standalone client. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info