GGPK Defragmenter

soo, not sure if this has been covered before (couldnt really read through 45 pages to find out) but i ran the defrag - saved 1.8gigs of space but now i dont see the content2.ggpk file anywhere in my poe directory.

any thoughts on where it would be or does this new version automatically rename the file for you?
it automatically renamed it when the defrag process was successful.
good to know - thanks for the reply :)
nevermind it finished after 25
Last edited by Marysvillain on Nov 5, 2014, 6:11:23 PM
I use steam and it worked for me. It didn't break the game, reduced the size by 200 megs and the loading times are faster.

Though if OP says there is some risk I advise making a copy of GGPK
Last edited by TNickxx on Dec 1, 2014, 3:45:00 PM
"
TNickxx wrote:
I use steam and it worked for me. It didn't break the game, reduced the size by 200 megs and the loading times are faster.

Though if OP says there is some risk I advise making a copy of GGPK

The problem with using it on Steam isn't that it breaks the game. The problem is that it breaks Steam patching.

Steam patches the content using a byte-patch. This compares two files and patches the differences. Using the defrag app causes the content to change.. a lot. This equates to a much larger patching time when it attempts to patch.
Last edited by Drakier on Dec 1, 2014, 6:30:12 PM
Just tried this on the Steam version. Went from 5.87 GB down to 5.72GB.

I reinstalled PoE a few days (maybe a week) ago though, so it hasn't really been through too many updates.
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
I might be stupid, but how do we do when the defragmenter does not find a path of exile installation detected?
"
Orazure wrote:
I might be stupid, but how do we do when the defragmenter does not find a path of exile installation detected?

Browse to the POE install directory, copypasta the exe for the gppk defrag into the folder OR drag the GPPK to the defrag exe and it should open the executable using the GPPK you dragged over.

is this tool still useful to improve how the game runs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info