GGPK Defragmenter

Awesome tool! Thank you very much for your work.

My ggpk file only lost about 20mb but my loading times are fixed again :) Initial game start in about a half and map changes are smooth again (about 3-10 sec). Before running the defrag seeing the grace period after zoning in a map was very rare for me.

Big thumps up!
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
Why is there no official file checker.

Because companies like blizzard have departments dedicated to this kind of thing that are probably bigger than GGG's whole team.
ty for the tool :)
No Fun Allowed
“Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.”
Shaved off 30MB, loading times don't seem any shorter on my pc.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
I'm wondering if this really increases loading times or that people are getting faster loading times because the data is still in RAM when they start poe after running this.

Guess i'll have to try it out myself.

Edit: another way to run this for those that aren't used to command line:

open notepad and copy this into it:
"
ggpk_defragment.exe Content.ggpk Content2.ggpk
ren Content.ggpk Contentold.ggpk
ren Content2.ggpk Content.ggpk
pause

save it with .bat as the extension (example: name.bat)
place the bat file and ggpk_defragment.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile.
Double click the bat file.
Wait until it's done.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Apr 28, 2013, 12:47:48 PM
wow, thank you so much for this!
"
Pivovar wrote:
Shaved off 30MB, loading times don't seem any shorter on my pc.

If you are using a HDD Make sure you defrag the drive that has POE or use something like defraggler to defrag the content file specifically after running ggpk_defrag. As ggpk_defrag processes the internal structure of the file the file it's self may get scattered all over your disk.

defraggler handles the content.ggpk file in about a minute on this machine, much less stressful than defragging the whole drive every time.
Last edited by fourthx on May 1, 2013, 2:52:12 PM
ty for the tool :)
This tool is a must. Have PoE installed since ages ago, and even when the saved space was minimum (around 120MB) the loading times were reduced tenfold.
Just an fyi for people scared of navigating the command line. If in Windows 7 copy the exe to your poe folder then hold shift and right click --> this will give you an option to "open command window here".

Also like others have said run defraggler after, you can get it here:

piriform.com/defraggler/download/portable
Last edited by bleach on May 11, 2013, 8:25:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info