[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Sooo I've been trying to incorperate as much of the advice I've gotten as I can and this is where I'm at right now: https://pastebin.com/AftuhCfm

Upgraded a lot of gear, added atleast 29 radius, added holy flame totem, added culling strike and some other stuff. Would love it if someone could take a look (especially at the gear/gems as well).. Id love some pointers on what to prioritize next. I'm in the process of crafting some tailwind boots and I'm looking for a shaper shield base so I can get a nice life% on block shield as well.

Is there anything I mightve missed? DPS feels kinda okay, not great not bad I can clear t16s and i'm up sirus a6 so far.

Thanks for any input

e: this is ofc all ssf
Just a list of things I would shoot for in this order of priority:

- Since you're not shocking and you're already using Lightning Penetration and lightning Exposure(WoC), Projectile Weakness is almost assuredly the better curse to use than Conductivity.

- Finish adding quality to gems, and try to get some 21's (in this order) for BL, Archmage, AS, AC, Wrath, VRF, and Slower Proj... and Awakened gems for Ele Focus, Light Pen, and Spell Echo.

- Unnatural Instinct jewel in socket near Shaper passive (would give ~350 mana, ~40 mana regen, +5% more dmg/average hit, +2 more AoE radius, ~35 life, some cast rate, etc).

- Obviously getting a 6L Cloak of Defiance would be huge.

- Obviously an Atziri Foible would be huge.

- +mana recovery rate on belt and/or Watcher's Eye jewel (recovery rate >>>>> regeneration rate)

- Obviously a 6L Pledge of Hands

- Ball Lightning enchant on helmet

- Stun avoidance enchant on boots

- Whispers of Doom anoint on Foible, then add a curse (Conductivity or Enfeeble or Temp Chains are best choices if you already have Proj Weakness as #1). But you really need that mana recovery rate affix on your belt and/or Watcher's Eye to be able to get rid of Mind Drinker. And you also need that 33 AoE or I recommend anointing Adjacent Animosity over anything else.

All of this combined would probably more than double, or even triple, your current DPS. You're already probably upwards of 9-10M DPS, but this build has potential for much more with the proper setup.
Great points there. Ill try out proj weakness asap for sure. I actually do have a cloak of deviance but I poured like 600 fuses into it without any luck so far.
Pledge of hands I could maybe farm cards I guess.. foible is sadly just luck based rn. I have a shaper belt but I'm honestly not sure about how id go about crafting it for max mana + mana rec rate. Maybe lucent fossils? I guess alt spamming for t2+ mana and t1 mana rec might be a bit expensive.

anyway, thanks again for the help (:

nvm.. managed to craft this

costs me 220 mana compared to my stygian but I guess thats worth it, right?
Base aint perfect but its the best I had
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Jul 29, 2020, 3:21:34 PM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Great points there. Ill try out proj weakness asap for sure. I actually do have a cloak of deviance but I poured like 600 fuses into it without any luck so far.
Pledge of hands I could maybe farm cards I guess.. foible is sadly just luck based rn. I have a shaper belt but I'm honestly not sure about how id go about crafting it for max mana + mana rec rate. Maybe lucent fossils? I guess alt spamming for t2+ mana and t1 mana rec might be a bit expensive.

anyway, thanks again for the help (:

nvm.. managed to craft this

costs me 220 mana compared to my stygian but I guess thats worth it, right?
Base aint perfect but its the best I had
Depends on the net difference. You're losing something like ~200 mana, probably 2-3% damage, a bit of life, and some pretty necessary str & dex for around a net difference of maybe +210 mana regen?

I don't know. I'd say test it out and just see what it feels like.

I suspect mana regen is one of your biggest issues. It's probably frustrating and irritating, to the point you have to turn off the voice dialogue thing so you stop hearing "I'm out of mana".

If the new belt makes it so you can cast significantly more and have more mana for MoM and AC more often, then you may feel it's worth it. I can't tell from here though.
"
Depends on the net difference. You're losing something like ~200 mana, probably 2-3% damage, a bit of life, and some pretty necessary str & dex for around a net difference of maybe +210 mana regen?

I suspect mana regen is one of your biggest issues. It's probably frustrating and irritating, to the point you have to turn off the voice dialogue thing so you stop hearing "I'm out of mana".

If the new belt makes it so you can cast significantly more and have more mana for MoM and AC more often, then you may feel it's worth it. I can't tell from here though.

I dont have issues sustaining in maps due to cinderswallow + mind drinker but its actually a pain in the ass on bosses. So ill definitely give it a test run to see how it goes. I'm also thinking about other ways to up my regen a bit but I cant see any rn besides cloak of deviance + foible. Going back on 5l cloak doesn't seem worth it I think.
So I'm thinking of crafting a set of Fingerless Gloves with awakeners orb, to give it both Redeemer and Warlord influence.

My goal is to roll for two suffixes: Culling Strike and Blind on Hit.

Harvest "add caster" guarantees Warlord spell damage on prefix.

Harvest Add/remove lightning (and remove attack) to juggle the Redeemer "add lightning on crit" prefix. Then add life and mastercraft dex.

Thing is - then I can get out of my Medium Curse cluster jewel (gives Culling and Unnerve) and look for something better to do with my 4 skills points.

What's the best secondary cluster ? Projectiles im thinking - theres only specifically that gives "35% extra projectile damage to nearby enemies". But is that good for Ball lightning? Isn't "nearby" too close for maximum lightning procs?

Hope someone can give me some information cause im a little deep here.
"
Sallek wrote:
So I'm thinking of crafting a set of Fingerless Gloves with awakeners orb, to give it both Redeemer and Warlord influence.

Harvest Add/remove lightning (and remove attack) to juggle the Redeemer "add lightning on crit" prefix. Then add life and mastercraft dex.

Thing is - then I can get out of my Medium Curse cluster jewel (gives Culling and Unnerve) and look for something better to do with my 4 skills points.

What's the best secondary cluster ? Projectiles im thinking - theres only specifically that gives "35% extra projectile damage to nearby enemies". But is that good for Ball lightning? Isn't "nearby" too close for maximum lightning procs?

Personally, I don't think either culling strike or blind is essential. For culling strike, you can always swap chain off for bosses, and blind can be got with large cluster jewels. To me, the best mod on gloves is hunter's "chance to unnerve on hit".
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jul 30, 2020, 3:17:54 AM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
"

I dont have issues sustaining in maps due to cinderswallow + mind drinker but its actually a pain in the ass on bosses. So ill definitely give it a test run to see how it goes. I'm also thinking about other ways to up my regen a bit but I cant see any rn besides cloak of deviance + foible. Going back on 5l cloak doesn't seem worth it I think.

I think you can farm some shipyard/port map to get "The Pact" card.
"
"
Sallek wrote:

Personally, I don't think either culling strike or blind is essential. For culling strike, you can always swap chain off for bosses, and blind can be got with large cluster jewels. To me, the best mod on gloves is hunter's "chance to unnerve on hit".

Well I wanted two influence mods from both redeemer and warlord. Its QoL and a lot less skill points from my curse cluster.

But I might have to reconsider getting back into Unnerve and pair it with Malediction and move away from the Projectile cluster.

Blind is good for me as I do not have full setup yet.

:edit:
Dont really see how you can favor Unnerve but not Culling, as they do pretty much exactly the same.
Last edited by Sallek on Jul 30, 2020, 7:45:43 AM
Trying to remake arc build into this... Guys is aul + free wrath aura is option here? can you pls check me, what i need to upgrade first ? thanks a lot .
"
Sallek wrote:

Well I wanted two influence mods from both redeemer and warlord. Its QoL and a lot less skill points from my curse cluster.

But I might have to reconsider getting back into Unnerve and pair it with Malediction and move away from the Projectile cluster.

Blind is good for me as I do not have full setup yet.

:edit:
Dont really see how you can favor Unnerve but not Culling, as they do pretty much exactly the same.

For normal mobs, we one-shot them anyway. For bosses, you just need to swap chain on storm brand to culling strike support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info