[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
Ubermonster wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:
I low-key hope they nerf this build, because I'd hate to do it the fourth league in a row, it's that good.

Lol, I just now found it so I'm hoping it survives one more league 😅. How did you normally league start? I considered Totems as an easy and cheap mapper to farm currency for the transition into this?

Two times I rerolled from a completely different build (and ascendancy) at around level 90.

I only started once directly with bl archmage in mind and it was pretty slow, went with arc then bl in reverberation rod. I didn't really like it. Heard someone leveled a bf/bb hiero for it but yeah, going dedicated FP totems or storm brand should work best till you get the items.

FYI this league Alkaizer did a variation of the build and later Zizarian copied him so it will almost certainly get nerfed now and if it doesn't, expect it to get even more expensive.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Jul 8, 2021, 1:51:27 AM
What is the best combination of gems for a PoH 5 link?
"
nilConscire wrote:
What is the best combination of gems for a PoH 5 link?

Ball Lightning/Slower Projectiles/Controlled Destruction/Spell Echo/Archmage. Swap Greater Multiple Projectiles in for Slower Projectiles for clear.
Planning on league starting with this barring any crazy nerfs once the patch notes come out.

Should I make the switch to BL/Archmage as soon as I can? Or wait until I at least have a reverberation rod?

I'm guessing stormblast mine/orb of storms is the best leveling option until then? Thanks!
Pack it in, boys. They nerfed this build into the ground.

RIP
After playing this last two leagues, and without seeing patch notes, I think its still pretty fine at the top end of gear. I'm not expecting patch notes to go well though.
Probably just trying some content after patch and see how much this got hit due of nerfs.
Got pretty decent gear but not sure how much changes will affect on endgame.
"
FinYuna wrote:
Probably just trying some content after patch and see how much this got hit due of nerfs.
Got pretty decent gear but not sure how much changes will affect on endgame.

Sadly quite a lot...The damage is cut to less than 1/3, and mana regen is cut by 40%.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jul 21, 2021, 11:14:37 AM
What is actually amazing is that the build still has plenty damage to faceroll content, but it feels pretty bad with casting and the survivability went bye bye.. after being effectively double-triple-tapped. Sextuple-tapped?

Had a great run, one of the greatest builds in POE that I've played in my nine years. I blame zizaran for making it popular lol.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Jul 21, 2021, 11:36:34 AM
Yeah the damage switching to non-crit doesn't bother me, but I'm very concerned about survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info