[3.10] Hierophant storm brand ultra tanky | ailments immunity | memory vault/aegis aurora

Would love a video of this build in action!
I honestly don't think this is dead.
I was getting to level 96 easily with this build in Delirium, fully cleared Awakener 8, Simulacrum more than once for 100% without death and did not use Brand recall for any of it really. And 39/40 done by this build alone speaks for itself!
(Note that I didn't got the enchantment for the mana-reserve on helmet T_T; Else it would have been even more effective!)

I think also with the "swiftbrand support" may the 'concentrated effect' could be replaced to focus on single-target better - yet needs the re-apply more often of course.

The brand's duration was not touched as well - the base activation-speed even improved from 'every 0.6 seconds" to 'every 0.5 seconds'.

The items of this build (apparently) are pretty much untouched as well. There are some small nerfs to Herald of Thunder, yet otherwise...it should still be very, very solid. Unless I missed nerfs of the items or they are yet to come.

So, I will definately try it again - and level with the new brand-skill options as well. But end-game? Probably THIS build again with maybe some minor changes (depending on Harvest-crafts)

Thank you really much again, it was a blast to play this~!

For those who are interested in my modifications, the character is named "Rahn_ThunderRearImprint"

Edit:

PoB-Link:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/5Be4VnFe
Last edited by FartingWolf on Jun 19, 2020, 11:16:33 AM
"
FartingWolf wrote:
I honestly don't think this is dead.
I was getting to level 96 easily with this build in Delirium, fully cleared Awakener 8, Simulacrum more than once for 100% without death and did not use Brand recall for any of it really. And 39/40 done by this build alone speaks for itself!
(Note that I didn't got the enchantment for the mana-reserve on helmet T_T; Else it would have been even more effective!)

I think also with the "swiftbrand support" may the 'concentrated effect' could be replaced to focus on single-target better - yet needs the re-apply more often of course.

The brand's duration was not touched as well - the base activation-speed even improved from 'every 0.6 seconds" to 'every 0.5 seconds'.

The items of this build (apparently) are pretty much untouched as well. There are some small nerfs to Herald of Thunder, yet otherwise...it should still be very, very solid. Unless I missed nerfs of the items or they are yet to come.

So, I will definately try it again - and level with the new brand-skill options as well. But end-game? Probably THIS build again with maybe some minor changes (depending on Harvest-crafts)

Thank you really much again, it was a blast to play this~!

For those who are interested in my modifications, the character is named "Rahn_ThunderRearImprint"

Edit:

PoB-Link:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/5Be4VnFe

Thanks,

If you try it again, please give a another feedback.
You can also do your own guide updated with 3.11 if you have the time :)

This league i don't think i will try it again.
"

Thanks,

If you try it again, please give a another feedback.
You can also do your own guide updated with 3.11 if you have the time :)

This league i don't think i will try it again.

I probably will see how things fare - due to the changes at Shikari full poison-immunity is not a given thing anymore, but the duration halved and caustic ground less damage sure is worth it.

Currently I am at Act 9 and things are going pretty smooth.
Having a 5L now with the new brand-nodes and all taken, it's pretty neat.

For clearing:
Storm Brand
Added Lightning Damage
Lightning Penetration
Elemental Focus
Swiftbrand

and for Bosses switching "Storm Brand and Lightning Pen" for "Wave of Conviction + Arcanist Brand"
This has a strange "Shotgun" Effect and extremely hits Bosses down, one-shotting them to their thresholds, if they have one.

Feels very good so far ^^ I'll keep updating my experience.
Update June 22:

Went over the Passive Tree a bit; taking out Clarity, due to less of the "less Mana-Reserve" nodes (aka. no Charisma anymore)
It's for "level 100", yes, but many of the Nodes can be taken off for early-end-game.
End Game nodes are for the 'want more aura' for sure. Possible thing to do is getting a helmet-enchant which gives reduced mana on either Zealotry, Wrath or Determination OR Storm-Brand Damage

- Added Command of Steel annointment to get it without screwing tree over (And still getting that sweet damage boost!)
- Possible Cluster-Tree-Nodes added (Optional can be altered)
- The Arcane Guarding-Tree can be taken, if you do not have the Cluster tree.
- Mystical Ward from the small cluster (incl. Spell Block) sounds interesting, but needs testing to see if it's worth it with the ES-Regen or totally useless (in which case it would be taken off for sure, giving 4 points to spent better by choice)

Due to not owning it yet, I can not say if "Grand Design" or "Holy Conquest" are worth the Cluster they come in. Holy Conquest with the "Brands Attach to a new Enemy each time they Activate, no more than once every 0.3 seconds" sounds also more like a "clear" option, but as said: Unsure.

Helm-Enchantments are currently not in for reserving mana, but instead boosting Storm Brand's damage

One with Cluster Jewels (and one I will go for):
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ccYUi9hm

Alternative without Cluster, but with getting Charisma:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/vdfNfRmy

Please note, that instead of Bisco's Leash you can of course get a very nice Crystal Belt with high ES, Armour and all stats you need of course! The Biscos is just in for Rampage. (which always is fun to use!)

---

Finished Act 10 easy with WoC+Arcanist Brand (though, Storm Brand also is a fairly easy Kitava-Killer)
Due to lucky Harvest Crafting now with already capped Resistances...heh!
Spoiler
Last edited by FartingWolf on Jun 22, 2020, 4:53:44 PM
"
for Bosses switching "Storm Brand and Lightning Pen" for "Wave of Conviction + Arcanist Brand"
This has a strange "Shotgun" Effect and extremely hits Bosses down, one-shotting them to their thresholds, if they have one.

I seem that the interaction is bugged, which cause that amount of damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/heiynb/so_is_wave_of_conviction_arcanist_brand_bugged/

Expect a bug fix / nerf
Last edited by Pierre_Tombale on Jun 25, 2020, 3:13:08 AM
"
"
for Bosses switching "Storm Brand and Lightning Pen" for "Wave of Conviction + Arcanist Brand"

I seem that the interaction is bugged, which cause that amount of damage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/heiynb/so_is_wave_of_conviction_arcanist_brand_bugged/

Expect a bug fix / nerf

Yeah. It was already fixed, still is doing good damage. (But I don't use it anyway, Just leveling it in spare weapon to 20).

So far, things go pretty well. (T2 Conquerers down, slowly getting into higher tiers - Maps don't wanna drop ._.; ) Spell-Block (with Tempest Shield) now is giving 74% spell block as well without Blue Nightmare Jewel.

Still need some equipment, but things go pretty smooth so far. And that even without the 4th ascendancy (due to not having the Trial yet).

Level 86 and pretty much no deaths at T7+ Maps. Just have to be very Wary of Chaos Damage until Chayula- and Shavronne-Items.

As For Cluster Jewels: Medium: Seeker Runes + Brand Loyalty are the best choice for Storm Brand.

Meanwhile I am also playing two other characters up XD Or have Ideas for...so far, goes pretty smooth too.

If I make an own Build-Guide (If I get the time for it...!), would you mind, if I link to the first page as well? I kinda feel like I took the torch from you! :D
"
If I make an own Build-Guide (If I get the time for it...!), would you mind, if I link to the first page as well? I kinda feel like I took the torch from you! :D

Go for it, if you have the time :)
Update on the build:

While missing still a 6L Shavronne's, having neither of the rings and also no Death's door yet, also not having a good belt or gloves...I was able to kill a 5-er Awakener pretty good, due to movement.
Still missing all the Passive Jewels, yet got some Cluster for Spell-Block and ES-regen. Still having much room to improve, but so far things go pretty good. Sure, the damage is still a bit 'meh', but it worked out to maybe do one or two portals for the 4 Exiles. Awakener was feeling pretty good too.

As for comfort of movement and longer, consistant damage, switch Swiftbrand for Lightning Penetration. I did it with Swiftbrand and it was...a bit of a 'dodge-recast'-triggering. But it was possible even with not-so-good damage yet. So, my verdict for now is: This build is not dead and pretty fun to play~! You just have to play around your needs a bit, untilyou get certain jewels and cluster fully right.

Once you can be on Low-life and use Blood Magic-support, the damage and living will increase as well, since Chaos really is annoying until you get CI or Chayula + Shavronne.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info