Loss of elemental resistance due to a permanent application of elemental weakness.

I joined a friend of mines game to get a belt off of him, the map he had opened had elemental weakness applied to it. My character went from resistance cap to nearly half what it was originally. This is very clearly a bug. I fixed my resistances again but a permanent loss of resistance due to being in the same instance as a map that was opened with elemental weakness is clearly not intended.
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2020, 8:24:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This seems highly unlikely. So you’re saying you now have to get more than 135 of each resistance to reach the cap?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
this is clearly an error 40.

If you want help, then please provide ALOT more detailed information -->
like making your chars public so we can see your gear and show screenshots that proves this.

Also, you do know about this part of the game right -->
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance#Sources_of_ignore_resistance
Resistance penalties
A penalty to all resistances is applied to player characters depending on their progression in the story.

Completion of Part one: -30% to all resistances
Completion of Part two: -30% to all resistances (-60% total)
The character in question has finished the story and I have gotten res capped after the two Kitava resistance nerfs. It's less of a pressing issue cause I was able to fix my resistances through gear, just trying to bring this up cause it was super odd. And more than likely I'm not the only person who am experiencing this. Once again, not a pressing matter just something that's definitely a bug cause I lost approximately 50% of my elemental resistances due to a map opening, permanently.
If it was permanent, then please answer my question. So you now have to get more than 135 resistance to cap it? If 135 caps it, then you did not lose any resistance permanently.
As previously stated, my resistances on my guardian no longer add up to the correct amount. I need 150% to reach res cap on it.
"
Zutaradimus wrote:
As previously stated, my resistances on my guardian no longer add up to the correct amount. I need 150% to reach res cap on it.

POB shows nothing weird and the math is right.

Did you side with Alira at first and then changed to "2 pts"?

That's exactly 15% difference
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I killed all the bandits, and my PoB would show nothing is wrong PoB doesn't apply bugs to your characters lol. In PoB my resistance add up, in game my resistances are lower than what PoB is display. As previously stated, a bug occurred, I had to craft more resistance to fix it, just thought it should be brought up. A red map with ele weakness permanently fubar'd my res.
Can you post a screenshot of your defence tab?
"
Zutaradimus wrote:
In PoB my resistance add up, in game my resistances are lower than what PoB is display.

In-game screenshots WITHOUT ANY GEAR and WITH GEAR EQUIPPED would really help to pinpoint "the bug".

"
Zutaradimus wrote:
A red map with ele weakness permanently fubar'd my res.

Really doubt.
There would've been a ton of similar reports otherwise. Maybe.

Again. Screenshots would greatly help.
The more - the better.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info