[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

Ok thx..going smoothly atm 60 now and just completed cruel lab

By the way..what is up with all these buffs..you use skitterbots.blashemy.zealot and precise lvl 1 tho..can you realy use 4 buffs using enlighten or do you switch zealot with something else depending on the situation ?
Last edited by Hyberpsycrow on Jun 20, 2020, 10:53:47 PM
would arcanist brand plus the curse be a good substitute for the blasphemy setup?

i think that the 3~4 times that the brand casts the curse and the base duration of the curse gives a good uptime and an enlighten wouldn't be necessary giving opportunity maybe for a clarity to help on the mana regen or some other useful gem, don't know if this would be good on a boss fight or not as for maps i don't think that the traps needs more damage.
"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
Ok thx..going smoothly atm 60 now and just completed cruel lab

By the way..what is up with all these buffs..you use skitterbots.blashemy.zealot and precise lvl 1 tho..can you realy use 4 buffs using enlighten or do you switch zealot with something else depending on the situation ?

Zealotry is only possible with devouring diadem helmet since it grants reduced mana reservation. Otherwise it is only skitterbots+blasphemy with curse.
"
ashgo wrote:
would arcanist brand plus the curse be a good substitute for the blasphemy setup?

i think that the 3~4 times that the brand casts the curse and the base duration of the curse gives a good uptime and an enlighten wouldn't be necessary giving opportunity maybe for a clarity to help on the mana regen or some other useful gem, don't know if this would be good on a boss fight or not as for maps i don't think that the traps needs more damage.

If mana is the issue good enduring mana flask should solve it for now. You can always just turn off blasphemy curse anyways. You can substitute that with curse on hit setup with a brand but it's not going to be very good. The issue I see is that you would need to actually cast brand before every pack if you want its effect, and you want to throw traps, not cast brands. Generally curse on hit setups are working well if you can somehow make them automatic (like with herald of ice). And lastly curses are mostly meant for mapping anyways : bosses have reduced effect of curses on them so it's not very effective on them. Either way, you can try the setup you mentioned and see if you like it, if you do, why not just use it.
Hi. loving the build. but im more on lightning than ice. is it possible if I use lightning traps instead of ice traps? if yes what are the changes that is a must? thanks
"
prokent wrote:
Hi. loving the build. but im more on lightning than ice. is it possible if I use lightning traps instead of ice traps? if yes what are the changes that is a must? thanks

You can use lightning trap with the same tree. The only differences is obviously that if you are using cold penetration support use lightning penetration instead, and also don't use frost bomb since it doesn't do anything for lightning damage.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
prokent wrote:

You can use lightning trap with the same tree. The only differences is obviously that if you are using cold penetration support use lightning penetration instead, and also don't use frost bomb since it doesn't do anything for lightning damage.

No alternative for frostbomb?
"
prokent wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
prokent wrote:

You can use wave of conviction. It isn't totally straightforward since you need to ensure it deals lightning damage as highest elemental damage. But even a small source of added lightning damage or increased lightning damage should do the trick. Alternatively you can use a 4-link for something else like lightning spire trap.
"
prokent wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
prokent wrote:

Wave of conviction with Phys to lightning would work for lighting exposure
I saw Somayd was playing Ice trap this league with great results so far (top rank with it currently) and he is running many different supports than you are here: Inspiration, Cluster Traps, Charged Traps instead of: Cold Pen, Multi Traps and Cont D. It's still super early so maybe he will switch things around. Looks to be more utility over damage and larger mana cushion. He also went explosive expert over chain reaction and pathed completely differently (connected life wheel by going thru witch area). Curious if you had an opinions on these decisions. I have yet to start this league and was interested in going ice trap so I'm trying to narrow things down.
Last edited by PowerForth on Jun 21, 2020, 4:39:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info