<Retired> [3.10] One With Nothing / Unecumbered Gladiator | Non-crit

"
Alex_Spiegel wrote:
When is the good time to switch from Slayer to Glad?

I would recommend going from Slayer to Glad if:
-You have the money to fund the cluster jewels. It's the only way to get 61% block without rumi's
-You're at least lvl 88
-Have Garukhan's, Cyclopean, and a high life 6-link chest (e.g. 110 life + 10% inc life + 8% inc life [crafted])

Glad is also far better for delving than Slayer simply because of the movement speed. If you don't have that super high life chest you'll be floating around 4.6k to 4.8k life. With the chest you'll be around 5k to 5.3k.

Block is a super important defensive layer, so you need to prioritize that on your tree as much as possible. 91 and onwards are mostly life nodes, so each level you'll get tankier.
I think I'm going to need a different chest despite the awesome dexterity. Was chaos spamming for high life and resists and got it so I figured I'd try.

Because of my rings etc, I am res capped without end charges. :)

Loving this so far even though only level 71. Seems like quite a bit of life is going to come from base at level. I just have a few more nodes to get.

"
Deth_Meth wrote:
"
salluks wrote:
how is this compared to champion facebreaker?(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2739459)
I've hit a hard limit on it and stuck at 94 and constantly dying, i am not killing fast enough( i have 2.2M dps) and cyclone range to is too small to clear efficiently.

i am thinking of respecing to this, but life is only 5k in this?
i have 6.8 and still constantly dying.

I imported your champion into POB, here's a list of things I found.

-You are definitely not doing 2.2 mil dps. Even checking everything in the config to attempt to inflate your DPS, you're doing max 1 mil. With a proper config, you're doing 600k max. (These numbers are without impale and aren't even against shaper. Impale obviously increases these drastically.)

-That build relies heavily on the idea that the kind of damage you're taking is physical. The problem with this is that you feel tanky for everything except elemental/chaos damage, and then you panic/die because you don't have enough defensive layers to prevent yourself from getting turbo clapped. You can't rely on leech to be how you regenerate life because you don't overleech and you'll slowly accumulate leech as you do damage after getting hit.

The difference with the block build and that champion build is the idea that I have several layers of defense whereas the champion only has one massive layer for physical. I also don't know what kind of content you're dying to. If you told me you killed a delirium pack of quill boys (not porcupines), stood at the epicenter of them, and are wondering why you died, there's not much I can tell you other than don't stand in it.

Having ridiculously high life can only take you so far.

thanks for looking into it.

my entire damage comes from impale. i am currently sitting at little over 2M.
and your right on physical defense as well. i do not die atall to physical and can easily do t16 with my eyes closed, but chiseled t16 is a pain, i dont kill fast enough and often am very careful but still die. usually to degens or bleeding/curse sort of ailments i guess.

even bosses like warlord,redeemer take me too long often more than 2 mins to kill.
"
I think I'm going to need a different chest despite the awesome dexterity. Was chaos spamming for high life and resists and got it so I figured I'd try.

Because of my rings etc, I am res capped without end charges. :)

Loving this so far even though only level 71. Seems like quite a bit of life is going to come from base at level. I just have a few more nodes to get.

Yeah, even though the dex is really good from the chest, it's just not feasible to get it along with the nutty life rolls. You'll still do ridiculous damage even without it.

Also Slayer works a lot better at lower levels because you get your defensive layers mostly from cyclone's fortify and your ascendancy as opposed to passives on the tree.
Last edited by Deth_Meth on Apr 3, 2020, 11:49:42 PM
"
salluks wrote:

and your right on physical defense as well. i do not die atall to physical and can easily do t16 with my eyes closed, but chiseled t16 is a pain, i dont kill fast enough and often am very careful but still die. usually to degens or bleeding/curse sort of ailments i guess.

even bosses like warlord,redeemer take me too long often more than 2 mins to kill.

2M including impale is pretty bad unless you're on a budget and low level. Facebreakers builds tend to rely very heavily on the idea that you have all the pieces of the puzzle to pull off their damage which tends to be very expensive.

It doesn't help that your tree isn't exactly what the original build is. You take a 10 int node (above Born to Fight), and all the nodes between Master of the Arena and Warrior's Blood. Those could be converted into a +30 int node and five 5% increased maximum life nodes. You should also find a large cluster jewel that gives two jewel sockets, deep cuts, and smite the weak instead of what you have currently. You could get a maximum life 3 point cluster that gives +X to dexterity and another that gives +X to intelligence to shore up the attributes your build still needs while also still getting X% increased maximum life.

You dying to degens makes total sense. You have basically no life regen and you don't overleech, therefore chaos degens will probably nuke you into oblivion (taking upgraded Arakaali helps). Bleeds shouldn't be a problem for generic mapping, you literally just run a Staunching Flask. Curses can be totally nullified by running Hex Breaker on a medium cluster jewel or run a Warding Flask.
"
Deth_Meth wrote:
"
salluks wrote:

2M including impale is pretty bad unless you're on a budget and low level. Facebreakers builds tend to rely very heavily on the idea that you have all the pieces of the puzzle to pull off their damage which tends to be very expensive.

It doesn't help that your tree isn't exactly what the original build is. You take a 10 int node (above Born to Fight), and all the nodes between Master of the Arena and Warrior's Blood. Those could be converted into a +30 int node and five 5% increased maximum life nodes. You should also find a large cluster jewel that gives two jewel sockets, deep cuts, and smite the weak instead of what you have currently. You could get a maximum life 3 point cluster that gives +X to dexterity and another that gives +X to intelligence to shore up the attributes your build still needs while also still getting X% increased maximum life.

You dying to degens makes total sense. You have basically no life regen and you don't overleech, therefore chaos degens will probably nuke you into oblivion (taking upgraded Arakaali helps). Bleeds shouldn't be a problem for generic mapping, you literally just run a Staunching Flask. Curses can be totally nullified by running Hex Breaker on a medium cluster jewel or run a Warding Flask.

wow, very useful advice. ill definitely look into it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info