[3.11] Impale Bladestorm Gladiator Rank 1 SC Delirium and Harvest

The build I used to get #1 level 100 Gladiator in both Delirium and Harvest league
This is a really fast, and tanky build for mapping. It can do bosses aswell but the main focus is to map fast and not die. Very good league starter and cheap to get going.

3.10 Video Guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgZd6MEtmzE&feature=youtu.be
3.11 PoB https://pastebin.com/XVdAHLEh

Bandits = Kill all but Alira is good for leveling if you don't mind respeccing later

Max Block Saviour Version 3.11 video guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRXPeuOT70&feature=youtu.be

This version is way better for Endgame content, pretty much an entirely different build though but if you are looking for a build that scales a lot better with gear this one should be a better alternative

PoB
https://pastebin.com/ZtNTQmrV

Recommended Uniques
Spoiler
None of these are necessarily required but they are very useful. Soul Tether overleech is amazing for survivability. Soul Taker is nice so you dont have to worry about mana and it has pretty good dps. Kaom's Roots so you dont get stunned, frozen or slowed and you mainly use Leap slam for movement so MS doesnt really matter.

Rares
Spoiler
Annointed Martial Experience for the leech recovery rate and damage reduction against hits. Vulnerability on hit ring is highly recommended aswell as the +1 to maximum number of Bladestorms helm enchant.

Flasks
Spoiler
Flask selection is quite optional but this is what I used

Links
Spoiler
I recommend using Pulverise for general mapping if you have enough damage, if not use Brutality. I usually clear with Pulverise then change to Brutality on hard bosses. You could also use fortify in your main link instead of Rage Support on bosses like Shaper, Elder, Sirus etc.
If you don't have a 6-link and don't want to use tabula because you feel to squishy I would remove Impale Support, aswell as removing the Impale nodes from your tree and using War Banner instead of Dread Banner.

Skill Tree
Last edited by Frost666 on Aug 18, 2020, 1:44:04 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2020, 5:15:23 PM
tanky build (-60% chaos res, 6k armor self, 17% block chance, 200 regen) veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tanky, yeah and ofc hardcore viable:D
"
TheAtrial wrote:
tanky build (-60% chaos res, 6k armor self, 17% block chance, 200 regen) veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery tanky, yeah and ofc hardcore viable:D

I've played to 100 on HC and 98 on HCSSF, you can check my profile on here or POE racing, I know very well what it takes to be hardcore viable. Use amethyst instead of quartz, plenty more room to get more chaos res on the rares aswell. 7k hp and overleech is enough defense, I did not die from 95-100 :)
"
Frost666 wrote:
"
TheAtrial wrote:

I've played to 100 on HC and 98 on HCSSF, you can check my profile on here or POE racing, I know very well what it takes to be hardcore viable. Use amethyst instead of quartz, plenty more room to get more chaos res on the rares aswell. 7k hp and overleech is enough defense, I did not die from 95-100 :)

if u do not die - it is only cos of your skill+tons of luck. Ofc if we are talking about solo gaming on high red maps
To common, casual player 7k hp+overleech on melee build is nothing, esp on "very balanced" delirium league with shit tons of dmg from nothing
Fair enough, it may not be a beginner friendly build but in the large scheme of things compared to a lot of other softcore builds I think its quite tanky. Delirium has gotten less dangerous with the last patch but still pretty rippy and should probably be avoided going too deep on high tier maps if you want to keep your exp.
"
TheAtrial wrote:

if u do not die - it is only cos of your skill+tons of luck. Ofc if we are talking about solo gaming on high red maps
To common, casual player 7k hp+overleech on melee build is nothing, esp on "very balanced" delirium league with shit tons of dmg from nothing

Maybe go private before you start hard-trolling with a full sc character sheet and 3 hours of the league played.
"
Jitunu wrote:
"
TheAtrial wrote:

Maybe go private before you start hard-trolling with a full sc character sheet and 3 hours of the league played.

Not sure what being a sc player has to do with speaking facts though or why you consider it trolling.

The build has very little regen, it has very little block(since no shield), it has -chaos res, the armor is low. Add all that up. That means the build isnt tanky at all. Get into actual dangerous situations and it wills how. It's not hard to survive t16 maps, especially when you're skipping deleriums(like he said in comments he skips them most of the time). Yes its hardcore, they are good to skip but hes also skipping them because the build is softcore built defensive wise.

Im not saying the build is bad, im not hating on the build or anything like that. But dont say a build is tanky just because you have damage to kill things.

Last edited by Sclyzed on Mar 25, 2020, 12:16:42 AM
"
Sclyzed wrote:
"
Jitunu wrote:
"
TheAtrial wrote:

Not sure what being a sc player has to do with speaking facts though or why you consider it trolling.

The build has very little regen, it has very little block(since no shield), it has -chaos res, the armor is low. Add all that up. That means the build isnt tanky at all. Get into actual dangerous situations and it wills how. It's not hard to survive t16 maps, especially when you're skipping deleriums(like he said in comments he skips them most of the time). Yes its hardcore, they are good to skip but hes also skipping them because the build is softcore built defensive wise.

Im not saying the build is bad, im not hating on the build or anything like that. But dont say a build is tanky just because you have damage to kill things.

In my opinion, 7k life, overleech, 3 defensive flasks, soul of steel, fortify, steelskin and VMS is tanky for softcore, especially for being a speedclear focused build. Only adjustment I would make for HC is getting more chaos res on gear aswell as using an amethyst flask and I am confident you could take it to 100 on HC.

That said I respect what you're saying and compared to other builds that are actually focused on being a tank, this build falls short. But for what it's trying to achieve I believe it's tanky.
Hey, you are all a bunch of noob dogs this is very good guide and big tank boy nice job mr REALLY
Hey, man, just want say thanks.

It's my first time trying to race to 100 and I used your post and build as inspiration.

And now we're practically side by side on the ladder!

Spoiler

By the way, do you have any tips on leveling up past level 95? I've been having a hard time sustaining maps (kinda stuck at T11-12 with a few T14-16).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info