3.10 Turtroll Lacerate Block Gladiator 1.8 Mil DPS All Content Viable

How do you get 1.8M dps only see 247k on pob ?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bleed

That has a good list of what affects Bleed and what doesn't, I forgot to include "% increased Damage" in the list.

When I was searching for jewels, I had my active search set for %maximum life, increased damage with Bleeding, and %phys dmg over time multi as my 3 must-haves. Finding a jewel with a positive 4th stat will be expensive and rare, attack speed is a bonus since the build is a tad slower moving than the dual-wielding impale version of the build
"
mahorka wrote:
How do you get 1.8M dps only see 247k on pob ?

Make sure Lacerate is your selected skill, and enable all the cluster jewels, PoB doesn't do this automatically yet.
I have respecced my character to this build now and for sure I feel more stable, but by no means "insanely tanky".

I mean, I am not trying to face-tank bosses and stuff, but I still die pretty easily on T16 maps without insane rolls.

Baran is destroying me more than my squishy char last league...

Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe I am still lacking something crucial that I missed, but at this stage, I am still considering throwing it altogether :(

I am still missing good cluster jewels, so I worked with what I got and kept the Steadfast wheel for now, but other than that I changed my tree to this build.

Any suggestions what else to do?

Thanks
Last edited by Carmion on Apr 9, 2020, 4:39:18 AM
"
Carmion wrote:
I have respecced my character to this build now and for sure I feel more stable, but by no means "insanely tanky".

I mean, I am not trying to face-tank bosses and stuff, but I still die pretty easily on T16 maps without insane rolls.

Baran is destroying me more than my squishy char last league...

Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe I am still lacking something crucial that I missed, but at this stage, I am still considering throwing it altogether :(

I am still missing good cluster jewels, so I worked with what I got and kept the Steadfast wheel for now, but other than that I changed my tree to this build.

Any suggestions what else to do?

Thanks

Hi, i saw your skill tree and notice you are going for a lot of damage nodes, i suggest dropping some like Hatchet Master since you waste a lot of points trying to get their and go for HP nodes like Devotion or completing your constitution wheel. Additionally, using a Rumi's flask is good for defence as well. Lastly, annointing Discpline and Training is great as well for a lot more HP. These are viable options to go for until you get more levels and cluster jewels.

"

Hi, i saw your skill tree and notice you are going for a lot of damage nodes, i suggest dropping some like Hatchet Master since you waste a lot of points trying to get their and go for HP nodes like Devotion or completing your constitution wheel. Additionally, using a Rumi's flask is good for defence as well. Lastly, annointing Discpline and Training is great as well for a lot more HP. These are viable options to go for until you get more levels and cluster jewels.

Yes, these damage nodes are just leftovers from the old build that will go to cluster jewels once I get some decent.

Annointing is on my list, but not on a "bad" ammy, actively looking for a good amulet to annoint.

Rumis is a good idea, will look for that.

My boss damage is pretty low at this point, though. Conquerors take forever to die, so losing even more damage will hurt :/
Wanted to thank you for the guide, i was following this and Zizarans/Steelmages Lacerate Glad for my league start and transitioned into my own version in the end :) I got to 2.7m shaper dps with half decent gear. Sadly dont have the gear anymore since i wanted to try some other stuff this league, but here is the PoB in case someone wants to incorporate it somewhere :Da

https://pastebin.com/7G3KpbhS
I've been running my own 78% block version of this build in Hardcore and having a lot of fun with it. I'm currently level 91 running red maps and delving around 200 depth. I just upgraded my axe.

The 60%/100% Elder bleed mod makes an incredibly huge difference, and it's worth settling for a lower physical DPS axe. A lot of the high pDPS axes out there are way overpriced and will underperform a significantly lower pDPS axe with this mod.

This is my old 367 pDPS axe I was using for a long time, without the mod:

Today I switched over to this axe after a few days of fossil crafting myself. It's only 312 pDPS, but it melts stuff so much faster than the old axe because the bleed is so strong. According to POB, this axe results in a 41% increase in my overall bleed DPS (from 337k to 475k)

I probably spent about 5 Exalts trying to fossil craft the new axe with corroded/jagged fossils. I also tried crafting with essences and just straight up chaos along the way, but I don't recommend those methods. The fossils really vastly improve the rolls you get. You will get bleed/physical damage rolls on the axe almost every attempt. Other methods end up with a lot of useless mods and have far lower chances of hitting a good combination. I'll probably eventually try to craft a better one but I'm going to stick with this for now.

One of the reasons it can be tricky to get a good axe with the Elder bleed mod is that the 60%/100% mod is a prefix. So that only leaves two other prefix slots for nice physical damage mods or crafted physical damage. So you have to hit a pretty good combination. You'll get some nice pDPS axes along the way if you're crafting but don't be too tempted by them - the 60%/100% mod is crucial.

I also agree with the previous posters who've mentioned that Deadly Ailments is superior to Ruthless. It gives a lot more bleed DPS from what I can tell.

Here's my current setup. Still have a lot of room to improve and optimize my gear.

Last edited by fawnsilver on Apr 10, 2020, 1:10:04 AM
Just want to update - after some adjustments and upgrades this now feels amazing.
Of course it plays a lot slower and less zoomy than the DW Impale I played before, but man....

ST damage is absolutely fine now, clearspeed still strong and I just stopped dying.

Really happy now and still some upgrades in mind to work towards.

Thanks for the build and the advice :)
How well will Ryslatha´s Coild fit the build? I assume, it is one of the stronger dps options, if you can afford the missing resists?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info