[3.14] Volatile Dead Spellslinger Necromancer | League Starter | Beginner Friendly

"
furalolpro wrote:
"

Based on your PoB it looks like you're doing something wrong in game because with the right configuration (shocked, chilled, consumed corpse, etc) you should be totally fine well in to yellow maps and probably even reds. I'm seeing almost 71k on your combined volatile dead damage - I have 95k combined on VD in ~T14s.

How you did this?

https://pastebin.com/KRpdfSvh

I have only 17k =(
I supposed I have plenty of flate "fire damage" and a lot of spell damage.

the pastebin doesn't work for me but the problem that guy was having is that he doesn't have anything selected in his Configuration tab of PoB so it wasn't showing basically any benefits of the build. you need to tick inspiration charges, shocked recently, blocked recently, corpse consumed recently, enemy is chilled, enemy is shocked (15% from Corpse Pact), and set the exposure type to fire if you're using WOC correctly. just look at the configuration tab from the POB linked in the guide to see what you should tick.
Last edited by dwaters on Jun 25, 2020, 1:55:04 PM
I'm really starting to lack damage at t14+ maps awakening level 4. Especially on bosses.

Anyone got ideas on how to improve it?

I don't have an inpulsa yet, running tabula, so there's that obviously. Will it make a massive difference?
Is there a way to do else reflect maps with this build?
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
K.C.C.O.
What is the point of inspiration support on the armor? Only for mana reduction?If I have a -8 mana ring, do I still need it?
I think it is better to trade it for a fire penetration support.
Last edited by tntmux on Jun 27, 2020, 5:34:53 AM
Is the undertaker cluster anything worthwhile? Gives some juicy stuff for corpse health and such!
"

Shameful Plug

Intro
Spoiler

Hey everyone!

This is a super fun build that was easy to level, and fun to work on. I will post updates on this guide when I feel it is appropriate, otherwise feel free to try it out and ask me questions! If you are new don't be shy! Everyone was new at one point!

If you have questions for me, comment on my YouTube for faster replies!

Changelog
Spoiler

Take off Vaal Molten Shell, replace it with Tempest Shield.
Divine Judgement is changed and lost the Elemental Penetration I will not be using it but you can if you want to.

Videos

POB
Spoiler

Spec Sovereignty wheel when you start using a 6 link! Otherwise skip it!

League Start:
https://pastebin.com/t72P3s5V

Updated:
https://pastebin.com/2SaLtkCN

Gems
Spoiler

Volatile Dead - Spellslinger - Spell Cascade - Inspiration - Hypothermia - Concentrated Effect

Desecrate - Spellslinger - Spell Cascade

*Wave of Conviction - Spellslinger - Combusiton

Barrage - Inspiration - Curse on Hit - Flammability

Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Tempest Shield

Flame Dash

*Cast When Damage Taken - Tempest Shield - Bone Offering

When you get a wand with "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" then change out the links with the * for:

Wave of Conviction - Combustion - Bone Offering

Detonate Dead - Spellslinger - Inspiration - Elemental Focus

Gear
Spoiler

My Gear
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Main things to look for:
Increased Life
Fire Damage
Spell Damage
Area Damage

Explanation
Spoiler

Wand

Primary:
Adds Fire Damage
Adds Fire Damage to Spells

Secondary:
Increased Spell Damage
Increased Fire Damage
Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos
+1 all Fire Spell Gems
Fire Penetration

Shield

Look for a Energy Shield off hand. I am using this one because it is what I found.
Primary:
Life

Secondary:
Spell Damage
Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos
Fire Damage as Extra Chaos
+1 all Fire Spell Gems
Resistance

Body

Look for:
Life
Resistance

Uniques:
Inpulsa's Broken Heart
Crusader Chest with "Enemies you kill explode..."
Belly of the Beast

Boots

Look for:
Life
Resistance
Movement Speed

Helm

Primary:
Life
Resistance

Secondary:
Nearby enemies have -# Fire Resistance (Fossil or Warlord)
Volatile Dead Lab Enchant
Dexterity (as needed)

Gloves

Look for:
Life
Resistance
Attack Speed

Amulet

Primary:
Life
Resistance

Secondary:
Spell Damage
Fire Damage
Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos
+1 all Fire Skill Gems
Dexterity (as needed)

Rings

Look for:
Life
Resistance

Also:
Fire Damage
Dex and Strength (as needed)

Belt

Primary:
Life
Resistance

Secondary:
Flask Effect Duration
Increased Spell Damage during any flask effect (Shaper or Crusader)
Increased maximum Life (Hunter or Elder)
Increased Fire Damage (Warlord)
Dexterity (as needed)

Flasks

You want bleed, freeze, and curse immunity normally. Wise Oak is optional, but helps a lot with the Fire Penetration.

Atziri's Promise will add a bunch of DPS

Rumi's Concoction will add a bunch of defense

Current Gear
Spoiler

This gear will be updated when I make any noteworthy changes.

Bandits
Spoiler

League Start: Alira (For All Resistance)
But later once you manage your resistance well, kill all!

Leveling
Spoiler

You get Spellslinger in Act 3, so before then level with any caster build you like!

Orb or storms + Frost bomb

Freeze Pulse

Arc

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Necromancer

1. Plaguebringer
2. Corpse Pact
3. Commander of Darkness
4. Mistress of Sacrifice

Corpse Pact is the main reason we play this. We get shock and chill on all enemies because we desecrate whenever we cast.

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major: Brine King with Glace or Legion Slayer.

Minor: Shakari with poison immunity.

P.S. This is players choice and not mandatory. If you like something else, then go for it!

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+ Easy/Fast Leveling
+ Not Unique Dependent
+ Cheap can go into red maps
+ High Life
+ Block
+ League Start friendly

- Dropping Frames
- Bossing is rough until you get good gear

FAQ
Spoiler

Q: I don't have enough mana to have all 3 spellslingers. Why?
A: You need to spec the fill Sovereignty wheel in the passive tree.

Q: My Inspiration Support is not working. Why?
A: You must have Inspiration Support linked to VD AND Barrage. For Inspiration Support to work you must spend mana. We do not spend mana with VD so we put it on our Barrage setup where we will always spend mana.

Q: What about the Fire Expose cluster jewel?
A: We are already getting the fire exposure from WoC, and multiple exposures do not stack.

Q: I feel like the VD aren't spawning sometimes. Is there a way to fix this?
A: Yes and no. As you play the build you will find a sweet spot. When you cast too far, too close, or a small area you will sometimes not spawn the VD balls. Watcher where you cursor is and adjust accordingly. Also, spellslinger is limited on cast speed (about 3) so sometimes you will be casting too fast.

Q: Why are you taking minion damage nodes?
A: Because we are using Spiritual Aid.

Q: What is Spiritual Aid?
A: A keynote passive that says "Increases and Reductions to Minion Damage also affects you". We get some naturally from our Ascendancy so why not take advantage of it?

Q: Why are you using Hypothermia?
A: Hypothermia Support says "Supported Skills deal (20-39)% more Damage with Hits and Ailments against Chilled Enemies" as well as other helpful things. As a Necromancer we take the Ascendancy Corpse Pact which has "Enemies near corpses you Spawned Recently are Chilled and Shocked". We always chill because we are constantly spawning corpses. So we will get the 20-39% damage boost (as well as freeze and chill effect) from this gem.

Q: Why are you using barrage? Isn't Frenzy/Power Siphon better?
A: Barrage has a nice effect that allows VD to be cast on the same cast as Desecrate. On other skills this will not happen. So Barrage allows for smoother game play. You may use Barrage Support on Frenzy/Power Siphon if you have enough links.

Q: Why is you PoB so much better than mine?
A: In Configuration do a few things. I check onslaught (from my gem), consumed corpse recently, is enemy chilled (Corpse Pact), is enemy shocked (Corpse Pact), and Exposure Type as Fire (WoC). Your damage should look a bit better now, but our in game DPS is more than this because of things like Combustion Support and other things.

Q: Is this hardcore viable?
A: I do not play much hardcore, but I would say it is. This build is easy to gear for low maps, has lots of HP, and has lots of block. I made my build around softcore so the build may need to be tweaked a little.

Q: Is it SSF friendly?
A: There are no mandatory uniques in this build. So I would say it is a great build for SSF. I enjoy Inpulsa's, Atziri's Promise, Wise Oak, and a Rumi's Concoction uniques in my build but none of them are mandatory.

Q: How do you get frenzy charges?
A: I do not anymore, but there are some ways you can. Use Frenzy instead of barrage, I prefer Barrage but see what you like. Another way is to socket Ice Bite Support to WoC, and you will get frenzy charges while mapping pretty consistently.

Q: What do you Anniont?
A: Most of the ones we like are expensive so I will give a variety to fit multiple budgets. Expensive: Heart of Flame. Midrange: Deflection, Sanctuary. Cheap: Prodigal Perfection. I will be going Heart of Flame.

Q: Best Enchant for helmet?
A: Volatile Dead Consumes up to 1 additional corpse. I went with 40% increased Volatile Dead Damage because it is not too big of a difference, and the one I got was great for its price.

Q: Why did you go Necromancer and not something like Elementalist?
A: Necromancer gives us Corpse Pact and in order to cast VD you need to consume corpses. On top of that we get other great bonuses like scaling minion damage and then using Spiritual Aid, free attack speed, guaranteed chill and shock, and the use of Bone Offering. Overall it seemed to work out better than Elementalist.

You didnt update ur gear.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Hi all can u give me hints how develop my character? My character is https://pastebin.com/vVt9WARw dont have many currency but all time farming Thank You
Last edited by lazarus20122 on Jun 29, 2020, 1:12:43 AM
so i am still in the lvling stage and i just dont kill anything with barrage can i get some help pls
Does attack speed on wand affect anything in this build?
Should I try to find higher attack speed wands?
At poe pedia dsnt says about deals phy dmg apart of fire dmg, so in phy ref maps i almost get one shot but all my equip dsnt have dmg to spells or from phy local wand. All its ele dmg so i cant do ref obv, but on phy ref mod map i sometimes recieve from a packs a huge downgrade hp %.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info