[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

I've been doing really well with the build up until now! Since my shield currently doesn't have ES on block I instead put points in the spell damage leech as ES notable, which has worked pretty nicely.

My current goal is to upgrade my Rime Gaze - what would be better in terms of overall damage, getting one with the +40% vortex damage enchant or +2 to cold socketed cold gems?

Also I'm a little confused about Cinderswallow Urn - my build doesn't ignite, so would I be able to replenish charges at all? And are corpses consumed if they shatter after being frozen? Not sure if I'm missing something here.

Also are there any other obvious/easy improvements to my character that I'm missing? I have a hard time grasping all the different mechanics, haha.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by desp123d on Apr 27, 2021, 10:39:38 AM
"
desp123d wrote:
I've been doing really well with the build up until now! Since my shield currently doesn't have ES on block I instead put points in the spell damage leech as ES notable, which has worked pretty nicely.

My current goal is to upgrade my Rime Gaze - what would be better in terms of overall damage, getting one with the +40% vortex damage enchant or +2 to cold socketed cold gems?

Also I'm a little confused about Cinderswallow Urn - my build doesn't ignite, so would I be able to replenish charges at all? And are corpses consumed if they shatter after being frozen? Not sure if I'm missing something here.

Also are there any other obvious/easy improvements to my character that I'm missing? I have a hard time grasping all the different mechanics, haha.

Thanks in advance!

Cinderswallow helps a lot recover ES and Mana, so is very good for clear. For Bosses use a Mana Flask with Enduring mod.

IMO going LL really makes this build shine. LL + a Watchers Eye with ES on Hit.
I'm doing a Flameslinger now, but really miss the tankness and DPS of the LL build. Also this guide is so easy to follow and progress ;)
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Apr 27, 2021, 11:04:32 AM
Any suggestions on my character besides getting better? Sirus and Maven smoke me, can't seem to kill fast enough before most of that arena is covered by that ground crap then almost impossible to do the memory game.

Thanks
"
pra-lima87 wrote:

IMO going LL really makes this build shine. LL + a Watchers Eye with ES on Hit.
I'm doing a Flameslinger now, but really miss the tankness and DPS of the LL build. Also this guide is so easy to follow and progress ;)

Is LL tanky though? I'm running a budget CI version now and feel pretty tanky, but some people say LL loses survivability so I'm considering skipping LL and jumping to the endgame CC version right away.
CI and 25% reduced elemental damage taken is really good in terms of tankiness compared to LL.
This build works and I am having fun so thank you for making it.
I see the POB for a 91 saqawals but i'm not understanding/seeing what makes it so much more powerful than the regular CI version, could somneone fill me in please?

Could this be viable with a 5 link saqawals? the 6 is insanely expensive (i'm sat on around 200c)

thanks.
"
dsxy wrote:
I see the POB for a 91 saqawals but i'm not understanding/seeing what makes it so much more powerful than the regular CI version, could somneone fill me in please?

Could this be viable with a 5 link saqawals? the 6 is insanely expensive (i'm sat on around 200c)

thanks.

When you pair it with the 15% mana reserved shield you can run Malevolence and Zealotry.
Ah great thanks.
Loving the build so far
Small upgrade that no one seems to grab is an enchant
currently 20-30c for 30% inc duration which adds a second to vortex, feels very smooth for ultimatums
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/zaBXY2Lu4
you could also grab a aura reservation enchant or a curse effect one too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info