[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

My main problem right now is movement speed. It's really slow outside of MS flask.

I was using Cold Snap and using Rotgut Flask with the generated Frenzies at one point. But it felt kinda weird and clunky. When it worked it was ok, also got 2 secs of Onslaught from Rotgut but meh, just crafted an Adrenaline flask and it's better.

But yeah, would like some more base MS.
Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler
"

Day 3

Spoiler
"

Day 4

"

9060 ES now.

Same exact gear as yesterday except for a new chest piece. I purchased the white base for 50C and hit those rolls with a few chaos rolls and a bench craft.

It's getting to a point now where all of my upgrades are fairly expensive and it'll be up to me to decide how much I want to further invest into the character.

I've saved a lot of currency either to push forward or to invest in my next character.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do most of the content in this state.

If I wanted to upgrade the options would be:
- Woke Gems
- Cluster Jewels
- Upgrading any of my rares
- Frostbite on Hit Wand or Ring and Allocating Whispers of Doom to add Elemental Weakness
- Large Thread of Hope
- If staying CI Cowards Belt and Mirror Shield, if going LL Shavs and Prism Guardian
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jan 19, 2021, 8:13:55 AM
I'm confused why EE is taken. Doesn't the frost bomb explosion, and creeping frost's hits trigger EE? Am I missing something?
"
Senatrix wrote:
I'm confused why EE is taken. Doesn't the frost bomb explosion, and creeping frost's hits trigger EE? Am I missing something?

Storm brand

Triggering EE via Frost bomb would not help us so nicely, since storm brand sticks to enemy ( you usually use it primarily on single enemies / small groups ) it assures the trigger we like.

Orb of storms

Would work on groups, can be added to trigger wand as well.

Frost bomb: is used to apply could exposure - as said because storm brand "sticks" it will always assure - on the "sticked" enemy - we got correct EE.
Last edited by bex_HB on Jan 19, 2021, 10:42:44 AM
"
Senatrix wrote:
Doesn't the frost bomb explosion, and creeping frost's hits trigger EE? Am I missing something?
You might get really worried when you find out Vortex has an initial cold hit too :P

As mentioned, Storm Brand overwrites the EE on anything worth caring about. Trash dies even with the +cold res so is pretty irrelevant (even in yellow Deli content I've been running) and rares/bosses should always be getting tagged by your Storm Brands.

Creeping Frost has an initial hit, Vortex has an initial hit and Frost Bomb has a single hit at the end of the explosion (while giving exposure the entire time) so don't hit too often. Storm Brand sticks to targets, follows them, hits them with lightning every 0.5 seconds and chains to 2 nearby enemies too.

You'll have brief periods where they get +cold res, in less than 0.5 second windows, but for the rest of the time you'll have all the benefits of EE and the extra exposure and debuffs of Frost Bomb.

The big things are avoid having added Cold to spells so you don't break Storm Brand and if you're not manually casting Storm Brand or another EE proc don't spec into EE on the tree until you get your trigger wand (take a damage hit, but gives smoother gameplay so go with your gut on if you're willing to take a big hit on that until you craft/buy your trigger).
Thanks for the build! It's very fun.

I'm currently rolling the cheap CI version with this

"

Apart from the problems that I have a 4L. What would be a good mod for the quartz flask, or is there a bettter flask?.

Also, I'm currently at 6k ES but sometimes when I kill a pack of monsters even if all are killed my ES drops to 0 and I die, is it because I have shitty flasks? I'm at T10 maps.

Thanks boys and girls
Last edited by Latons on Jan 19, 2021, 3:40:58 PM
"
Latons wrote:
Thanks for the build! It's very fun.

I'm currently rolling the cheap CI version with this

"

Apart from the problems that I have a 4L. What would be a good mod for the quartz flask, or is there a bettter flask?.

Also, I'm currently at 6k ES but sometimes when I kill a pack of monsters even if all are killed my ES drops to 0 and I die, is it because I have shitty flasks? I'm at T10 maps.

Thanks boys and girls

Yes, you need definitely a anti-bleed flask.

And anti-freeze "of heat" mod flask against freezing.

I´d roll bleeding flask first, and freezing second. Gl.
Last edited by bex_HB on Jan 19, 2021, 3:57:51 PM
If you chose Frigid Wake, you shouldn't be getting Frozen/Chilled at all so don't bother rolling a Freeze flask.

Grab a "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you" jewel asap. Whatever you can afford, stats don't matter initially.

Burning Ground will tear through your ES too so maybe take the Pantheon "Soul of Abberath" so you're unaffected. I swap to this if I see a map has burning ground on it, does wonders. But if you prefer the Burning Flask that's ok.

Craft Adrenaline on your Quicksilver flask if you can, really helps with the speed.

On the quartz flask, I'd shoot for duration at least. Having phasing last for as long as possible is nice for running through packs. However, you might get a jewel that gives you a chance at phasing also, so you might be able to use another flask entirely.

You could also roll Anti Curse on the quartz and replace your sulphur flask with "Sorrow of the Divine" as in the guide, when you have the currency.
Thanks to both of you! Will do ASAP. Indeed I have frigid wake.
hi sorry if this has been asked before,

what map mods should i avoid? i just started maps today. thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info