[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Thanks guys. Might swap over to Malediction and see how it goes.
"
Trickster: Level 89 Life/ES hybrid version (experimental, not tested, but should be pretty good): 1m shaper dps

this PoB is impossible.
because 2 Watchers Eye use and Not added chance Mod.
Cold Damage over Time Multiplier is not added.
Is it "% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" ?
but this Mod eye is very Expensive...

And!
Why this PoB is not use Frozen Trail?
"
Clydehart wrote:

"
Rhapsodical wrote:
Picked up this build for my league start and it's doing well so far, just got to maps. I'm wondering if there's a reason why we don't use Vaal Discipline over normal Discipline, or if it's just personal preference.

Personal preference- use Vaal Discipline if you got it. I don't like pressing buttons, so Level 21 Discipline > Level 20 Vaal Discipline for me.

This seems like a bit of a misunderstanding on how Vaal Discipline actually works. You don't need to use Vaal Discipline actively to make the most out of it; it's better used as an "oh shit" button because it immediately activates your energy shield regen at full speed and keeps it going for around 3.5s, which is very, very useful if you're about to drop dead from a DoT or otherwise.

On another note, what flasks do you recommend for a small budget on the CI Occultist tree? The guide recommends Quicksilver, Rumi's, Cinderswallow, a Sulphur flask, and a utility flask. However, Rumi's is going for around 30c (which is approachable so not a gigantic issue), and Cinderswallow is currently 3ex which is out of the question for me right now.

The PoB tree recommends Rumi's and Sorrow of the Divine which is a combined 60c, which is a lot more approachable, but I'm wondering what you'd recommend for the other flask slots using these specifically. My thoughts:

1. Rumi's Concoction
2. The Sorrow of the Divine
3. Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline (lot of speed)
4. Experimenter's Silver Flask of Staunching (for Onslaught and stopping bleed)
5. Experimenter's Granite Flask of Dousing (for armor and stopping ignite)

The Quicksilver flask is somewhat expensive (15c-ish) but the Silver and Granite flasks are 2c each and get rid of bleed and ignite, two things that persistently kill me at this stage.

Do you happen to have better suggestions or do mine look good?
Last edited by Rhapsodical on Jan 17, 2021, 9:38:22 PM
"
Rhapsodical wrote:
This seems like a bit of a misunderstanding on how Vaal Discipline actually works.
It's not.

He prefers a chill playstyle where there aren't many buttons to hit, even if it's an 'oh shit' button. With less buttons in mind there's more value for them from a higher level Discipline for higher passive gains and constant uptime than from a lower level Vaal Discipline, where it's way more difficult to get a 21 this early in the league.

Swings and roundabouts. Go with whichever suits your playstyle.

The flasks look grand. Personally I'd throw a warding in ahead of a dousing, but if you're dying to ignites the dousing is perfect.

I wouldn't consider paying 2c-15c for any of them though. A little beastcrafting for any of the required suffixes (the bit after the type of flask) other than 'adrenaline' and a little alt spamming for the Quicksilver and you'll nail them much cheaper than that. You can ignore the prefixes (the description before the type of flask) for now, none of them can brick your flask just that some help more than others with charge management.
Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Jan 17, 2021, 10:24:32 PM
"
livejamie wrote:
Doesn't Frostbolt mess up our EE setup?

Yeah, I'm confused too. I understand some of them get exploded into vortexes, but definitely not all of them...
"
shahan1030 wrote:
"
Trickster: Level 89 Life/ES hybrid version (experimental, not tested, but should be pretty good): 1m shaper dps

this PoB is impossible.
because 2 Watchers Eye use and Not added chance Mod.
Cold Damage over Time Multiplier is not added.
Is it "% to Damage over Time Multiplier while affected by Malevolence" ?
but this Mod eye is very Expensive...

And!
Why this PoB is not use Frozen Trail?

Sorry about that! The first POB I posted right after I made the Trickster Life/ES hybrid had the Watcher's eyes in it by default since it was the only jewel I had in the items list. I noticed it right after I posted it and was fixed after a couple of minutes, but it looks like you probably grabbed it right inbetween that.

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:
"
Rhapsodical wrote:
This seems like a bit of a misunderstanding on how Vaal Discipline actually works.
It's not.

He prefers a chill playstyle where there aren't many buttons to hit, even if it's an 'oh shit' button. With less buttons in mind there's more value for them from a higher level Discipline for higher passive gains and constant uptime than from a lower level Vaal Discipline, where it's way more difficult to get a 21 this early in the league.

Swings and roundabouts. Go with whichever suits your playstyle.

The flasks look grand. Personally I'd throw a warding in ahead of a dousing, but if you're dying to ignites the dousing is perfect.

I wouldn't consider paying 2c-15c for any of them though. A little beastcrafting for any of the required suffixes (the bit after the type of flask) other than 'adrenaline' and a little alt spamming for the Quicksilver and you'll nail them much cheaper than that. You can ignore the prefixes (the description before the type of flask) for now, none of them can brick your flask just that some help more than others with charge management.

Yep, exactly, I'm lazy. I'd rather die than press the oh shit button.

Thank you, I just updated the POB again to have the Frozen Trails in it!

"
Piefayth wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Doesn't Frostbolt mess up our EE setup?

Yeah, I'm confused too. I understand some of them get exploded into vortexes, but definitely not all of them...

Sorry for the late response on this, been really enjoying this Hydrosphere build.

Yes, Frostbolts/Vortex "messes" up your EE, but is over-written fairly quickly by the Storm Brand for anything that matters (bosses). In my experience, it doesn't matter if T16 map mobs have +50% cold res, they still die by the time you run past them on screen (it was like ~80% uptime of EE on the correct res). I tested with/without EE against bosses, and even spam attacking, it is still better to have EE than not. If you're really min-max, I'd recommend dropping EE on the tree (and all the points that lead up to it, including the jewel socket)- and put on a Malachai's Artifice ring with a storm brand in it. This will let you control when/how you apply EE!
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Sorry for the late response on this, been really enjoying this Hydrosphere build.

Please explain! I tried using it for a while both with trigger and self cast. Seems like a good skill, but I just don't have enough mana to reserve everything I want to yet.

So how are you using it?

and I've also dropped Frost Shield for now. I don't like the constant fluctuations in my ES with it doing damage to me. I feel way more tanky without it.
Last edited by Silenkurri on Jan 18, 2021, 1:00:27 AM
Is it even worth it to go for CI version? I see on poe.ninja everyone goes straight for LL with 5link shavronne's, instead of 6link high ES body, what are advantages of CI besides higher ES?
Being straight up immune to Chaos damage is a huge asset a lot of people overlook. Chaos damage has become more and more rampant in PoE over the last leagues, and running around with -60% Chaos resist will get you killed quickly, be it Hunter-influenced maps, Syndicate members (Tora, It that Fled), Incursions (Vaal Spitters and some Architects) or Vaal legions. Even the newest league mechanic has several Chaos damage dealing Altars.

Going LL is something you can do when you have the budget to still reach at least a respectable amount of Chaos resist after you have picked up all the necessary uniques and other gear pieces. Keep in mind the ladder on poe.ninja shows the elite of the playerbase. I wouldn't compare myself to it.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Jan 18, 2021, 3:54:04 AM
Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler
"

Day 3

"

7.5k ES, did my Uber Lab and hit red maps today. Have been incrementally upgrading pieces and selling what I'm replacing. I should be able to do most content with this setup.

Next big upgrades would be a new wand and an es on hit shield.

I'll stop posting these diaries unless people think these are interesting and want me to continue. :)
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info